Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Guild Section > Server 1 > Small Talk

Notices

Small Talk Events, congratulations, announcements...

Old 11-06-2011, 12:18 PM
Mushroom Collector

Default This is the End

To all of you who play this game, Thank you for 2 years of Fun, Honor and good times. I have not been able to rebuild after all the Inactivity and players moving onward. Zombunny has finally had it's last Hurrah !

To the Guilds whom I have respected and fought with or against:
Fight on with Honor and with determination, remember what WE did to get to the top and stay there as you will find you will have to resort to some uncharacteristic tactics. You will see.... LOL Good Luck to you all.

To the Players who made life difficult and accused and berated Zombunny for who we were and what we did: GO DIE IN A FIRE! You have NO idea what we didn't do to stay on top, our efforts were honorable and just in our cause. NOTHING we have ever done will rest heavy on my conscience. We did everything with as much heart as we could muster, which, I can honestly say, is more then ANY other guild ever showed us except 1. The Endless: Darstard, may you and your table of Heroes be as successful as we were for years to come. I bow to you and your players.

Others of Note:
Severed Tongue - Zimmi should be made leader she ROCKS!
Grape Gang - Amazing efforts to get your boys up into contention.
Water Deep - Pffttt........ whatever

Those of you who wished you could be one of us it is simple. Play with Passion, play with comrades you can TRUST and do what it takes to stay on top. Honor Games like this one are fun but can be taken way too far by certain individuals. Watch your back if your leaders do not do it for you, then move on.

I want to thank Playa Games for everything you have done to improve and keep the game rolling but I feel your efforts were much too late for the older generation of players. Keep up the solid efforts and please fix the last few bugs so future generations of players can enjoy it !

itzaKoopa..... You are a Great Man and a good Friend of players everywhere here! Thank you.

To all of the Low Level Guilds, Myself (SaiTaan) and my partner in crime MizerMalice (the man who started Zombunny with me) will be floating around to assist low level guilds with completing Dungeons. We will NOT be taking part in your guild Battles but if you want to complete a few Dungeons, Mail us.

To the Game at large .... GOOD HUNTING !

One last note.... Personal Issue Outlet # 435 - Angler26 you made your efforts personal and attacked the Integrity of Zombunny and one of my BEST players and a Personal Friend. For that you will Pay DEARLY....wait for it... I have a lovely surprise for you.

Last edited by SaiTaan; 11-06-2011 at 12:36 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SaiTaan For This Useful Post:
Darstard (11-07-2011), Dereks Dead (11-19-2011), Gynx (11-06-2011), iTZKooPA (11-06-2011), jabroni (11-06-2011), pheonix527 (06-26-2013), r34lg33k (11-07-2011)
Old 11-06-2011, 12:53 PM
Adventurer

The decision to delete Zombunny was not made lightly. This was discussed back when WD rose to #1 the second time. We preferred this option, since we did not want a Guild that has been so amazingly successful to become a mockery of its former self, as a few other former #1's have.

There are a number of reasons for why we made the decision, and here they are:

1) Server 1 is dying. It is inevitable. New players simply can't compete, so serious players stopped joining, or jumped to the new servers where they didn't have such a huge gap to close. Players are concentrating higher and higher, and the number of guilds that are truly active is diminishing.

2) We could look for a merger, but in good faith, I can't negotiate one. Too many Zombunny's have become too complacent (obvious to ST and Endless who saw our Ready-up rates) and simply stopped making checking in a daily habit. In truth, this has been a minor issue all along, but in the days we were 4 players better than Rank 2, it was hard to find people that cared about 5 or 6 players in the lower ransk missing battles. Anyone that we brought in would see the complacency, and leave angry with us for bringing them to such a non-competitive guild.

3) The Banhammer cometh. A bunch of guilds are going to get gutted, so there will be lots of open slots. It is a good idea for one of the top guilds to break up and fill those slots, and as the now least numerous, we're the obvious candidate.

4) Some players were making noises that they would be quitting. More open slots to fill.

So, we're going out the elegant way. Zombunny ruled this server for the better part of 16 months, taking the #1 spot well after server creation, losing and retrieving the Belt twice. That will be a run people will find extremely difficult to match.

And I am proud of our achievements. We have had an amazing run. And we did it the right way.

If there is any lesson to be learned on this server, it is this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charista
Motivation is always the most vital component of any plan for action. We were always able to undermine our competitors because their motivation was invariably negative. Specifically, they wanted to "take down Zombunny." This is inherently a jealous, temporary motivation. You are united in Hatred, and once that Hatred is gone, you discover your new companions are as vile as yourself, and it all collapses like the house of cards you created.

Unite because you want to be the best, the strongest, you're competitors that want to prove you're better players. That motivation will outlast taking the #1 spot, and keep you united. This extends to all games. I have seen the flawed reasoning that created these pretender guilds in many other games. Jealousy is not the sole property of S&F. And it always, always ends badly. Motivation is vital.
Zombunny, ultimately, has fallen because it stopped competing. Being a guild of competitors was our strength, and we gave that up, quietly, subtly, slowly.
Time of Death: 17:32 PDT November 14, 2011
It has passed into Myth and Legend.

http://zombunny.guildlaunch.com/index.php?gid=236408
Old 11-06-2011, 03:58 PM
Adventurer

Always mad respect to you SaiTaan, a good leader and a good friend.

Thanks for the anonymous shout out as well..you know it is appreciated always.

I'll keep mum on the other points.

Talk to you offline Sai..and I hope the personal things going on in your life improve. You will always have my friendship..and I hope to meet you when I come to your city soon..I love that place And I'll finally let you take a pic of me in the sweatshirt.

-C
Old 11-06-2011, 04:41 PM
Blacksmith

So long. Its been a great time.
Good luck to you all.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Mushroom Collector

I'm sorry to see you guys go, and i'm sorry we never got to really compete with you. We only recently got to a point where you gys bothered to attack us. Honestly, in an odd way, it was kind of an honor. I respect what you guys were able to do. Classy to the end.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

Thanks for keeping the level of competition high and furious. It was a joy watching the fluctuations over time. It's unfortunate to see you, and the guild, leave the high ranks.

Please stick around on the forum while you're helping the lower guilds. All of the low guilds deserve the knowledge you've accumulated.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:10 AM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTZKooPA View Post
Thanks for keeping the level of competition high and furious. It was a joy watching the fluctuations over time. It's unfortunate to see you, and the guild, leave the high ranks.

Please stick around on the forum while you're helping the lower guilds. All of the low guilds deserve the knowledge you've accumulated.
I am sure I speak for Charista, MizerMalice and Mallen as well, when I say we will be around to help out a new generation of Shakers and the Fidgety. Charista's Guide will be the Biggest Legacy he could have left. It is comprehensive and extremely helpful to anyone. I will eventually break the secret to my Mushroom Finding Guide (Charista I found the missing variable ). As well it will be fun to show up in low ranked guilds, dump a bunch of gold on them and whip through a few dungeons then bugger off to a new one. Passing on any help I can. The days spent here will be embedded in my mind. Though my wife will be happy she doesn't get spooked by the guild battle going off while we are watching a movie.

Thanks again Koopa! You and the Team at Playa have been another driving force behind us, with new Game additions and challenges. Our gang is just tired and has earned a well deserved Retirement. Some Soldiers of course still have a lot of fight left in them and will be staying amongst the top guilds to keep on battling and fighting the good fight. The rest of us will be having fun around the guilds, resting with friends in smaller guilds or quietly fading away.

I salute each and every member of Zombunny, Past and Present. As we approach Remembrance Day here in Canada I will hold a small ceremony and bury Zombunny in the Warriors Grave Yard in the Elysian Fields. Wear a Poppy this weekend everyone!, for all of the Fallen around the World. Real or Virtual and remember their sacrifices so that YOU could have what you do today. Be they Soldiers of War or Members of a Guild we all did what we could to make this a better place.

See you in the Funny Papers !
SaiTaan
Gynx (11-07-2011), iTZKooPA (11-07-2011)
Old 11-07-2011, 01:29 AM
Mushroom Collector

will u teach in only s1??we will be looking forward if u join s7 and share ur experience with us there
and charista i must say after reading your posts i have become the biggest fan of yours...so how about sai taan and you join other servers??

Last edited by Ekhart; 11-07-2011 at 01:50 AM.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:45 AM
Mushroom Collector

Luv yer guts Sai. I have enjoyed the competition and your friendship. I had fun getting to know you and we seem to have some similar life issues so I feel that we are on the same page to some degree. I'll always be here to chat you up, send an email my way anytime, you've been truly nothing but fun and I just regret the top 20 meetings never really went anywhere, I think the ideas we were throwing around were good and it would have been interesting to see the result.

Another day, another game. If you start somewhere else you better give me a yell!

(Line removed as promised.)

Happy Trails all, we'll miss you a lot.

Last edited by Zimmi; 11-07-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:01 AM
Fidget's Griffin

iTZKooPA - I love your thread title!

The Banhammer Cometh!
The Following User Says Thank You to BMWGuinness For This Useful Post:
DominicS (11-07-2011)