Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Guild Section > Server 1 > Small Talk

Notices

Small Talk Events, congratulations, announcements...

Old 11-07-2011, 11:22 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGuinness View Post
iTZKooPA - I love your thread title!

The Banhammer Cometh!
wrong thread
Old 11-07-2011, 12:17 PM
Adventurer

And I will remain professional to the end by not acknowledging the slight. But I will issue you this warning:

ST has held number one for less than two weeks. Look at what you did in the Dungeon Monster thread. Look at your response to me here. You are becoming what Zombunny never was -- unprofessional and worse. You have convinced yourselves that you are so much better than we were that you have forgotten to look to your own attitudes. You are becoming the creatures you convinced yourselves that we were. Your tenure will end some day, and what will you be able to say about yourselves at the end of it? Your guild couldn't accept the existence of the responsibilities of being Rank 2. Can you learn the responsibilities of being Rank 1 before you do more damage to your reputations?
Time of Death: 17:32 PDT November 14, 2011
It has passed into Myth and Legend.

http://zombunny.guildlaunch.com/index.php?gid=236408
Old 11-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gynx View Post
wrong thread
actually, its not!
Old 11-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Stable Boy

Thanks for the long chase. I am in an s3 guild with Gynx and a few other former Zombunny members. I would expect to see those players who remain active to once again be part of a guild here on s1 that ascends the rankings.

Charista, I have gone back over this thread to see if anyone from ST posted something offensive here. Not seeing it. I've been with ST for over a year at the invitation of Flying Joe. While getting to number one personally or for the guild is nice; it isn't the reason I play and it isn't what ST is all about.

Zombunny did their thing for a long time. I enjoyed watching your battles from afar most of that time as I did for Legacy and other guilds. Sorry, in a way, that we can't battle on; but wish you all lots of fun.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:53 PM
Adventurer

Agree with you Quilp..I must have missed the post that insulted Zombunny and/or Charista.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gynx For This Useful Post:
Bullbound (11-07-2011)
Old 11-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Wow, I'm really sorry to see Zombunny go. It was always an awesome place full of friendly people. I owe several friendships outside of the game to ZB. I wish the best to all!
Old 11-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Mushroom Collector

Unless he is referring to my boobish remark Quilp, which was quite obviously meant in fun, if it wasn't taken that way then my apologies. Charista you know I have only been nice to you after speaking numerous times in whispers when things were starting to implode. I certainly can edit my post if that will help at all, but it truly wasn't meant any other way than in fun. Just let me know.

I haven't seen anything that was any kind of slight from our guild either. Not sure what that's about. Why do things have to be so contentious? Just say happy trails and move forward with what you plan to do, be it here or on another of the servers. You know this is the way I look at things, I certainly don't condone or engage in nastiness...and you know that to be true as well. It just isn't productive (of course, my opinion there).

And to echo Quilp, I don't believe any of us in ST were in the game to be 1st on the server, and while it is nice, each and every one of us knows it can easily disappear as quickly as it came to us. None of us are naive enough to think we're there to stay and there will never be any challenges for us. I believe that there will be competition and we'll float back and forth in the ranks as guilds adjust and change their membership when Zomb disbands.

Anyway, as I said before, just say hey anytime. You, Char, and Sai, were both fun to get to know.

Last edited by Zimmi; 11-07-2011 at 07:34 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zimmi For This Useful Post:
DominicS (11-07-2011)
Old 11-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmi View Post
Unless he is referring to my boobish remark Quilp, which was quite obviously meant in fun, if it wasn't taken that way then my apologies.
It was meant as fun... for everyone else. Not for me. I can't laugh with you, when you're telling me that choices I make do not live up to your standards. No matter how much fun you intend, you intended to insult me, too. Normally, I would hit the Report button and have it nuked by the mods. I chose to call it a slight this time, and I'll ask you to leave it there so that the conversation has relevance.

You have to understand that I wear a target on my chest. That makes me an easy person to victimize. (People think I deserve whatever I get, because I'm arrogant, or whatever other characterization they choose that makes me inhuman so they can do nasty things they would never consider to be moral when done to other people.) I get slapped by these kinds of things in real life, too, and there is no "getting over it". I have to defend against it. Most of the time, it's by people that want to hurt me, because they have told me they want to, and they're only fooling those near me by pretending its intended as fun to me, too. They are able to get away with the hurt if I say nothing, or I have to embarrass myself calling them on it in which case the fooled crowd thinks I am overreacting and paranoid. (Nice little trap, that. Next time you hear crud like this, turn on your BS filter and look for the screw job, and look at the victim for signs of true laughter, not forced.) Consequently, I have no tolerance for this kind of delusion. There is only one way to be me: teach people the lesson that things like this HURT. Clothe it in all the humour you want, the people you say these things to go home sad and damaged. Maybe others have told you the white lie that they take it as a joke, but that's just them not wanting to lose the acceptance of the crowd, because they feel differently from everyone else. I think its obvious I care nothing for the crowd. Now you know why. I've just seen them fooled far too often to accept their opinion of what was intended.

Quote:
Charista you know I have only been nice to you after speaking numerous times in whispers when things were starting to implode.
Not quite. You treated me as a pariah until I gushed wisdom for three or four long messages. I earned respect. I am disappointed that you have forgotten that.

Quote:
I haven't seen anything that was any kind of slight from our guild either. Not sure what that's about.
I told you: check out the Dungeon Monster thread and what your guild has done to it. Compare the last ten posts to any other ten in the entire thread. It used to be entirely professional. What is it now? What guild did that to it? It wasn't Zombunny. You're beginning to feel entitled.

Quote:
And to echo Quilp, I don't believe any of us in ST were in the game to be 1st on the server, and while it is nice, each and every one of us knows it can easily disappear as quickly as it came to us.
And now it's yours. Now you have the power. Now you wear the target. Do you think think that in a couple months you won't have an undeserved reputation? That no one will be jealous of you, start rumours about you, vilify you? That's what you have inherited. How you deal with it will determine how much more of it you get. Demonstrate vulnerability and you'll never see a pause. There is no way to ensure there is an end, unfortunately, since every example fades with time.

Quote:
I believe that there will be competition and we'll float back and forth in the ranks as guilds adjust and change their membership when Zomb disbands.
The power difference from Endless to whoever winds up 3rd or 4th is greater than Zombunny's people will cover. Everyone's scattering, so lots of guilds are gaining some but none a lot, so it'll still be Endless and ST for a while.
Time of Death: 17:32 PDT November 14, 2011
It has passed into Myth and Legend.

http://zombunny.guildlaunch.com/index.php?gid=236408

Last edited by Charista; 11-07-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:46 PM
Mushroom Collector

Char I absolutely do not agree with you at all. I'm nothing remotely close to what you try to paint me to be and in that I am not going to get into an argument with you. I regret you are unable to take any sort of joke or have a little fun and nothing I said was at all meant in a bad way.

I will remove the last line of my other post and we'll agree to disagree. I also believe you are giving yourself more credit in our conversations than you deserve. I was an equal participant and was not rude to you at any point, I was firm with you but never rude.

I could personally care less if I'm in a guild that's number 1 or number 100 as long as I'm having fun. That is my point of being here. I have some good friends and we have fun together.

Again, happy trails. I see no further point in responses from you to me personally, I am making the adjustment to my other post and we still will not agree, so there you have it.

Last edited by Bullbound; 11-08-2011 at 03:26 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zimmi For This Useful Post:
DominicS (11-07-2011), Gynx (11-08-2011)
Old 11-07-2011, 11:07 PM
Mushroom Collector

Default No Bad Bunny Bad Tongue !

Charista and Zimmi Get the Fudge off of this thread with this.

I knew there would be some flack here but not form 2 people I respect a LOT!

Keep it light or take it to the sandbox where it belongs, this was meant for other purposes. Better yet shake hands and STFU about it.
Bullbound (11-08-2011), DominicS (11-07-2011), Gynx (11-08-2011)