Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Guild Section > Server 1 > Small Talk

Notices

Small Talk Events, congratulations, announcements...

Old 11-08-2011, 12:14 AM
Adventurer

Default Zombunny is Dead.... Long Live Zombunny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiTaan View Post
.... Zombunny has finally had it's last Hurrah ! ...
So a Dynasty has come to an end. As with any sports dynasty I know of, there are proponents and detractors. Did they deserve it, did they do it fairly? Bottom line? They did it. They demonstrated a new level of dominance with an unheralded vulgar display of power*. True to the motto of power begets power, they were a magnet to so many high leveled players in the game, further cementing their lead, that we could do naught but stare in wonder. Some got mad, some tried to get even. Bring down the bunny power guilds came and went. The dungeon club (based on Zhiva's philanthropic guild hopping) was formed to cross-boost guild bonuses for a cooperative group looking to curb the extra levelling incentives the bunnies were enjoying. Alliances and friendships were formed. Epic adventures and mad fun ensued. Without the looming presence of Zombunny perched on Rank 1 like a giant bird of prey, the necessity of those alliances and therefore the alliances themselves may never have come about. So they were, in fact, a big community builder.

Zombunny: You showed us that game power need not come at the cost of fun. That uber-guilds could exist without short term self destruction. Most importantly to me as someone who is here for the competative aspects of the game - You made me work harder as a player and as a guild leader. So thank you, SaiTaan, Charista and all of Zombunny**. It's been a lot of fun.

SaiTaan: The Endless and I are honored and humbled by your sentiments. I too have been known to sally forth from time to time, so perhaps you and I shall someday soon sit together in a guild hall of other heroes, if even only for a short while. I would like that.

* Said with reverence, I'm a Pantera fan.
** Sai and C named specifically as they're posting here, and I'm too lazy to type another 48+ names.

Last edited by Darstard; 11-08-2011 at 10:41 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Darstard For This Useful Post:
DominicS (11-08-2011), Gynx (11-08-2011), iTZKooPA (11-08-2011), mallen (11-08-2011), r34lg33k (11-09-2011), SaiTaan (11-09-2011)
Old 11-08-2011, 02:16 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darstard View Post
They demonstrated a new level of dominance with an unheralded vulgar display of power.
Guilty as charged. I wish we could talk about these events, so that people know exactly what you're talking about (since I told Darstard about them) to prevent rumour-mongering, and then I could teach the lessons of how to project power without getting suspended or banned. Unfortunately, I now know for certain that I am not allowed, so you will all have to learn those lessons on your own, and not from my experience.
Time of Death: 17:32 PDT November 14, 2011
It has passed into Myth and Legend.

http://zombunny.guildlaunch.com/index.php?gid=236408
Old 11-08-2011, 04:02 AM
Mushroom Collector

The only secret to Zombunny's success was surrounding yourself with the fastest growers, the most active players you can find who had good attitudes.

There really wasn't much to it other than that. The rest fed into itself. We got along great, despite the occasional competitive ego that springs up. (inevitable when you have 50+ competitive players under the same roof.)

Today, the recruitment or "poaching" of players is nigh but impossible, but back when I first joined Zombunny and found my niche by bringing in other players, it was alot easier. It's also a heck of lot harder to recruit when you are #1.

It's pretty remarkable to look at the quality of players that we managed to bring in, many of which were from rival guilds. - But the real beef of it was, they were outstanding players, regardless of where they were from, they ended up in Zombunny and stayed there a long, long time.
Bullbound (11-08-2011), Gynx (11-08-2011), SaiTaan (11-09-2011)
Old 11-08-2011, 04:37 AM
Supreme Adventurer

Sai, I hate to point this out, but did you really expect this thread to stay on topic? Every time you have posted about a major change with Zombunny (the 3rd guild I ever joined), someone has taken a joke or compliment about the guild as an insult. I think part of that may be because taking #1 AND caring about being #1 changes folks.

JJ, I don't know if you recall or not, but you were one of two players that was instrumental about recruiting me, and you did an amazing job in not depending on the guild's rank, but about the people. It wasn't a competition, but about playing a game and having fun. When it became business and a competition, I had recently been promoted to a moderator on the forums and that gave me a moral requirement (but not an official one) to help other guilds that needed it in the way of education. Since then, I have changed guilds based on this, and I guess you could say Zombunny was the last guild I joined for the purpose of fun.

That is not saying I did not have fun where I went, but that ZB was the last place I joined for the main reason of fun.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bullbound For This Useful Post:
Gynx (11-08-2011)
Old 11-08-2011, 11:16 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charista View Post
Guilty as charged. I wish we could talk about these events, so that people know exactly what you're talking about (since I told Darstard about them) to prevent rumour-mongering, and then I could teach the lessons of how to project power without getting suspended or banned. Unfortunately, I now know for certain that I am not allowed, so you will all have to learn those lessons on your own, and not from my experience.
Sorry, C. I should have known I was setting things up for misinterpretation with that reference. Sorry for leading you to think I meant it anything less than a positive way.

I meant only to describe your martial power. Zombunny routinely defeated it's closest foes without using a number of their most powerful players. Your guild mates even owned 7 of the top 10 slots in the individual HoF at one point. Yes, I could have left the word vulgar out of there, but a reference to the Pantera album of the same name "Vulgar Display of Power" came into my head as I was writing - hence the asterixed foot note. It was their 2nd album after transforming from a glam rock outfit to a monstrous metal powerhouse. They were blowing doors off and setting new precedents in the genre with that release, so the reference seemed especially apt.

So let's do this
Before you guys do this
And some of us do this
SaiTaan (11-09-2011)
Old 11-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Adventurer

Okay, there was no way I was going to get that out of it. I'll admit to some HoF manipulation (including your referenced 7... I put the 7th there. He got to 11th himself, and I simply tanked on him a couple times to create that situation), but everyone was doing it at the time. I worked with FlyingJoe and a couple other non-Zombunnies to arrange certain people getting #1. So, it wasn't Zombunny specific. But there was never an attempt to manipulate the HoF as a team, only as individuals. It was suggested a couple times, but we always shot it down. There were a lot of things Zombunnies thought of that we didn't do.

______

Any Guild Leader that has a message for all Zombunnies, please send me the text and I will copy-paste it to a Guild-wide for you. This can include messages that say, "I'm sorry, but we're not taking applications." This will save you all a lot of time instead of having to mail every single Zombunny. This goes for every guild on the server equally, including those that Zombunny or myself have had conflicts with.

Last edited by Charista; 11-08-2011 at 01:00 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Charista For This Useful Post:
SaiTaan (11-09-2011)
Old 11-08-2011, 01:19 PM
Fidget's Griffin

I expect many dynasties to come to an end now that there are more efficient bot removers in place
The Following User Says Thank You to BMWGuinness For This Useful Post:
SaiTaan (11-09-2011)
Old 11-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGuinness View Post
I expect many dynasties to come to an end now that there are more efficient bot removers in place
Whats wierd, is despite the talk about the bots. (we definitely saw the actions of waterdeep when the same group of people would always ready up, and when one or two particulars would miss, they ALL would miss.)

But in Zombunny, I never saw any indication of bots, because people were always so chatty in the horrible Guildchat - when It wasnt bugged and I could see it. With the exception of the last month or two, GC never really slowed down and there were lots of people to talk to, not just one or two players, but nearly everyone.

It wasnt the last month where we had trouble throwing fights on a regular basis that the subject even came up.

I never investigated the bots, and other than being able to ready someone up, I know nothing about what they can potentially do or not do. I just logged in 2-3x a day (maybe thats why Im a lowly level 203 or something) and readied up for the battles and skirmishes and tried to use my 100 thirst. I did figure out how to script a letter and copy/paste it into the S&F message system, a feat that was so crude it was laughable (with a macro program). Before that, I would handwrite/type all those letters to people to try and get them to come over.... and ugh, I did way too much of that.

Last edited by JimJones; 11-08-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:50 PM
Sheep

Ok. It has taken me 2 days, since the Guild-wide announcement, to come to this thread. Sai's announcement, to the Guild, came on my 13 month anniversary in Zombunny.

On the night the announcement was made, I became...well....let's just say...a little emotional.

I came over to ZB with 5 other Non Mortuus members, and ZB QUICKLY became my home. While things had gotten stagnant in ZB, it was due to the way we owned S1 for so long. In that 13 months that I was here, we probably spent 11 months, at #1. Believe it or not, that leads to boredom and lackluster Guild chat.

With the declining interest in S1 (new servers are always more shiny!), we came to a point that we could no longer compete. Too many other Guilds were built to take us down, mergers were made for that purpose, in fact.

I tip my hat to Sai, for knowing when to call it a day. I also tip the same hat, to the same person, for bringing it here. It's the end of a helluva run, and I feel it has been handled in the proper way.

In the past, ZB has gotten a lot of animosity, for different things in the forum. Truth be told, whether you believe it or not, Zombunny has damm near always handled itself in a classy manner. We've done the things we needed to do, to stay #1, but we've done it in the most respectful way possible. Pretty much requires a sliding scale in this game.

In the 13 months I spent in ZB, we've often been dysfuctional, but we've always been a family. I'm still talking to alot of the former ZB members, and will continue to do so for a long time. Others will fade away into great memories.

I've been in 7 Guilds on 5 servers. I've created 2 Guilds myself, but Sai has been the best Guild leader I have ever seen. He handled EVERY issue with class, humor, and respect for the people involved.

Thank you to Pantychrist, for your month long recruitment of me. Thank you to Sai, for being the coolest GL ever. Thank you to Charista for all your teachings of the game. Thank you to ALL Bunnies, for keeping us at the top for so long, and for being my friends.

It's been a great run, and I'm sorry to see it end.

Zombunny for the win!

Mallen

P.S.
BMW, show some respect. Zombunny's run wasn't an effect of botting. It was an effect of hard work, by dedicated ass kickers. Your comment was ignorant & uncalled for

Last edited by mallen; 11-08-2011 at 09:23 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mallen For This Useful Post:
SaiTaan (11-09-2011)
Old 11-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Adventurer

Jim didn't investigate the Bots, but I was pretty aware of who was and wasn't. None of our big names used them, so thoughts that they built are guild are absurd.

And the usage of those Bots partially lead to our collapse. We had two competing schools concerning who to Honor Dump on. The Botters wanted us to Honor Dump on the Rank 2 or 3 so that they could leave their Bots running and leave it to others to lose the fights. Sai and I had come up with a plan that might alleviate some of the complaints surrounding our Honor Dumping (currently described on my Zombunny site), but that would require us to be able to Honor Dump on as deep down the Ranks as possible. (Now moot, with the 3000 honor limit.)

The constant failure to succeed on honor dumping recently was leading to a lot of recriminations, and had it continued, we may have had to start making examples out of the Botters. Instead, we saw participation in normal attacks flag, and we wound up looking at different recriminations tearing us apart.