Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Guild Section > Server 1 > Small Talk

Notices

Small Talk Events, congratulations, announcements...

Old 05-30-2010, 08:54 AM
Supreme Adventurer

Default Warnings and Congratulations

Does your guild have someone that is currently a member whom you would like to publicly recognize for doing something amazing or something terrible? Or perhaps someone left your guild without warning right before a war when you needed them?

Part of guild building, is forming a good team of members, and that isn't always easy to do when you don't know a thing about the members that are coming to you. We have guild reviews that players leave and the ads for each of the guilds, but we don't have a spot (that I am aware of) for guilds to leave reviews of players.

Well, now we do. Please use this thread to discuss the positive and/or negative behavior of members of guilds so that should they go looking for another guild, the guild leaders and officers can get some idea of what they are getting. Remember, NO personal attacks or insults. Please be serious about your reviews, and of course we all have to abide by the rules of the forums.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bullbound For This Useful Post:
moreum (05-30-2010)
Old 05-30-2010, 09:00 AM
Supreme Adventurer

Default Congratulations

Grimlette: While this player may not be the fastest of Legacy's members to level, he/she (sorry, but I never believe anyone about their gender unless I have personal knowledge about it) has kept up with the raising stats and often can be counted on during a guild war to wipe out more than a few of the enemy.

Akarym: This player has shown that they really do keep their word when they give it. Akarym has made commitments to some players and to the guild, while keeping each and every promise to his/her fellow players. I don't know about others, but promising to attack someone 10 times while gaining a level+ every day (often 3 levels) is not something I have the time or uninterrupted opportunity to do and yet Akarym continues to follow through with each and every promise made. Akarym won't promise to just anything though and shows great caution when unsure about something. However, the player still does their best even when unsure.

Last edited by Bullbound; 05-30-2010 at 09:08 AM.
Akarym (05-30-2010)
Old 05-30-2010, 11:45 AM
Sheep

Wacker - Wacker has been a lifesaver within our guild. i work a ton and he has always been there to puck up my slack. He is always looking for ways to improve the guild and make s that much closer to being a real contender on this server. Without guys like Wacker there are no Hunters! Thank you Wacker

Strum

Former King of the Hunters of Retribution

Last edited by Strum; 05-30-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:51 AM
Adventurer

I'm not very good at these, but I'd like to give a shout-out to Timroff and Audax, the best husband-and-wife team to ever hit S&F.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:25 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbound View Post
Does your guild have someone that is currently a member whom you would like to publicly recognize for doing something amazing or something terrible? Or perhaps someone left your guild without warning right before a war when you needed them?

Part of guild building, is forming a good team of members, and that isn't always easy to do when you don't know a thing about the members that are coming to you. We have guild reviews that players leave and the ads for each of the guilds, but we don't have a spot (that I am aware of) for guilds to leave reviews of players.

Well, now we do. Please use this thread to discuss the positive and/or negative behavior of members of guilds so that should they go looking for another guild, the guild leaders and officers can get some idea of what they are getting. Remember, NO personal attacks or insults. Please be serious about your reviews, and of course we all have to abide by the rules of the forums.
I see the idea behind this and believe it is good to recognize members that are doing great but that type of thing can be done eternally.

Now, I do not believe in spies and crap like that but why would I want to tell other Guilds about a member who was hurting our team? This is a game and if I kick that player because he was hurting our team and we gave them chances but they just did not seem to care; why would I want to tell other Guilds about this? It is to our benefit if that player gets on another team and causes havoc or ultimately breaks that team apart. This in all will benefit my Guild.

Also, you never know when someone might turn around, though they were crappy with one Guild, maybe they will get the point when they are kicked and turn for the better.

Now, if you are talking about letting you all know about a multi we found on our team or someone who uses cheats, etc... then I am OK with that.

It may not sound like a nice or honorable tactic but it is not like I am telling our ex members to go and destroy another Guild but if they for some reason do, I do not see why I would want to give other Guilds a heads-up.

Like I said, it is a GAME and I am here to WIN but I also have fun while doing so and meeting new ppl is always kewl !

Last edited by Wacker; 05-30-2010 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-30-2010, 04:58 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Wacker, the negative comments can be given for any reason that someone feels they are appropriate, provided they don't break the rules of the forums. While you may not agree with the reason someone posts a negative comment, I don't see why that person shouldn't have the opportunity. The same goes with positive comments. We have comments on guilds, so why not on players? If a player is going to screw a guild over, then other guilds that may face the same effect can be warned if the harmed guild feels it is deserving of a post. Then again, you could also compliment the same player for ruining your enemy(s) and showing what a team player they are.
moreum (05-30-2010)
Old 05-30-2010, 09:54 PM
Wannabe Griffin

ferocity - said extremely obscene comments directed towards one of our members, kicked him and he went to legacy. Hope you guys have fun with him.
Bullbound (05-31-2010)
Old 05-30-2010, 09:56 PM
Blacksmith

Send a message via Skype™ to moreum
Default The Endless

Darstard and Sevki are extremely great officers thank you for your dedicated work.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:46 PM
Mushroom Collector

Default props

FlyingJoe.

prolly the best officer the Severed Tongue has had. positive, helpful and a good guy. everything we're pretty much against as a guild, but couldn't have made it to where we are without him. (sigh) sometimes you have to take what you can get.

kicking a man when he's down will only hurt your foot and make him angry.
...use an axe.
~gob bushsniper

ex-Tyrant of the Severed Tongue
Old 06-02-2010, 12:41 AM
Mushroom Collector

Thank you to every one of our (Legacy) officers...... We work hard and it shows.... Sinate, your my right hand man, Bullbound, your battle emails are awesome, Noone, you are always ready to fight, Aeryka, you are our not-so-secret weapon, Shoo, you helped make Legacy what it is, and Savryn, you are one of our voices of reason. Thanks again everyone!!!

WE ARE LEGACY.....