Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 07-28-2011, 01:57 PM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

The /frenzy command was a silent addition to the North American server. We were caught unawares as all of you and only informed by a cross-region player. Normally, Playa is pretty good with detailing upcoming features to .

I'm awaiting official details, but I believe we've discovered all there is. It refreshes the shops, consuming and without changing the loot table odds, until an epic, any epic, is discovered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gynx View Post
It reminds me of when I went to Las Vegas and went to roulette and bet on red and lost..8x in a row it came up black. EIGHT. Now I understand the odds of it coming up black are nearly 50% each time, depending on 1-2 green 0s...but..8x in a row..is not likely at all..just as I would imagine 800+ shrooms without 1 epic isnt likely.
Not factoring in the greens, you have about a 4% chance to lose that many times in a row.

Since we're on the topic of gambling, the frenzy command is indeed a gamble. As mentioned earlier, it's fully automated to find an epic. You could pass hundreds of incremental upgrades on your way to the epic, which may not even be a great upgrade. Using it and consuming one or 1000 is not a bug and shouldn't be reported as such. Nor should a refund be expected.

That being said, what Darstard is reporting does appear to be a legitimate issue.

If you don't like the command's requirements - ie - or can't handle the risk, then don't use it.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:23 PM
Adventurer

I was happy to spend the mushrooms and use the command until such time as it made the epic disappear. I've even used it since and made sure I did nothing else in the game as it ran.
I have not actually demanded anything, only indicated some possible compensations and also left that line of thinking open. However, I do realize that this is not yet a confirmed bug. Until such time as the developers can recreate it could be seen as a mushroom-grab.
Thank you, Itz, for ensuring this is investigated. I'll continue to help as much as I can.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:15 AM
Blacksmith

Darstard, Even if it confirmed as a bug you will not get any mushrooms refunded... Playa Games is only interested in one thing and that is for you to spend as much money as possible on there games. They want your money and yet they do not do anything that actually resolves the problems at hand when you have some. I have never once seen them reimburse a players lost mushrooms. They said to me tough luck and then proceeded to boot me to the curb..

So all I can say is do not hold your breath or even bother wasting your time reporting problems. I wont go into full details but since some things happened to me where I lost a number of mushrooms and the response that I got from certain unnamed people who work for Playa Games has left me with a foul taste in my mouth after my loss (THEFT) of mushrooms which for me costs a ton of real world money. It may not be very much money to others, but I am not one of those with a good income.

I am now of the opinion that buying mushrooms is a complete waste of my money & that is because there where to many unexplained losses of my mushrooms. When the loss happened to me more than a few times I was of the opinion it was not a unexplained loss but theft. Theft of mysterious vanishing mushrooms. A theft That playa games can not trace. They could not tell me where they went to nor did they even know how many of the mushrooms where lost.. Well, that is not very helpful is it. you would figure they would at least know where all those missing mushrooms went to. Where they spent in the store. Did they get spent on an epic or 3? Did they get gambled away? Where they used to extend a mount? Just where did those mushrooms go? No mushroom should be able to just vanish with out a trace.

Well let me say that it was not just some lost mushrooms to me. To me it was the theft of mushrooms. Lost mushrooms are where it happens once maybe even twice. But when it happens a half dozen times.... That is THEFT!

The lack of response to my complaints even Makes me think that those lost mushrooms where actually the theft of my mushrooms. I am almost certain that is was intentional and then go about considering the responce I got After complaining about them going missing & all I was doing was trying to get answers, to find out where those missing mushrooms went to. It ended up going to the forums to complain about it & I was forum banned plus my posts about it where hidden & deleted.

It go to after a point in time they even stopped responding to my E-mails I wanted to get a reimbursment for all the mushrooms that were stolen from me. I was told in no uncertain terms to get lost. Not once has there been a reimbursement of my STOLEN mushrooms & I have no legal recourse to charge them with theft. Because there is no proof.

So now let me tell you what happened to me this happened more than a few times where I would log off & go to bed. When I woke up, I would log in and low & behold there was anywhere from 5-50 extra mushrooms missing from my account not only on server1 but it also was happening on server 2. So I complained until I was blue in the face & there answer to me physically impoosible thing to do. In other words there answer to me was to get lost & tough luck. So I took it from e-mail to the forums & there answer to that was to delete my post and then to ban me off the forum for a time.

Well My answer to there response to me was for me to quit buying mushrooms & to switch over to free to play only. I mean Why waste my time or my very limited hard earned money stolen by some one or some bug. I went so far as to change my pass & I know the 5 pc's I use are all kept up to date with the newest virus scans and security updates. because I do those updates & I do those scans using more than one Antivirus.

There should be no way for those mushrooms to just vanish but that's what happened & I was told they do not have any no record of what happened to them.. & since it was only my IP that was logged in to those 2 accounts.

Needless to say after there lousy help in my tring to find a soloution to my stolen shrooms was finally solved when I told them to do something to themselves that is normally physically impossible to do & then I quit buying mushrooms... I even tell my friends to not even bother getting addicicted to this game like myself. I tell them to avoid it & to find some other ones worth spending there limited funds on.

So until My Stolen mushrooms are returned to me, my credit card will stay in my pocket. I wont be using it on any Playa Games ever again. Anyway's that's my thoughts about it. Feel free to follow my advice or ignore it. Do that of whichever you are of the opinion to do & if you get a refund more power to yah.

Where are my missing mushrooms, more importantly who STOLE them & how did they steal them. Sign me Missing my mushrooms and angry about it
Never give up & Never surrender. Fight with your last breath. Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. In time all shall die, will we transcend & attain a place afterlife. I'm tired & I'd like to go home. My fight is not yet done, I'm not yet ready to cross. Pay Charon the ferryman when I go. He will need his gold if I am to cross the river Styx

Last edited by Evail Frog; 07-30-2011 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Spelling Errors.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:52 AM
Supreme Adventurer

Evail Frog, your post is almost off-topic, so please be careful. You were assisted, given several things to check that players had reported as solving the problem, and even regular players informed you of the same possible causes from the information provided. With the bug reported here, a safety measure to prevent the same from happening was provided by multiple people. If folks choose to follow it or not is up to them. That doesn't mean Playa Games isn't investigating it either. They are a small German company, so results are not going to be instant. The differences in time zone and small size of the company do not always help.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:12 PM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

The /frenzy command has been disabled.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:58 PM
Adventurer

Thanks, Itzkoopa for the continued updates via PMs on this. I appreciate your continued involvement. I'm sorry that it seems the only outcome was having the function disabled, but at least I'll save some others' tears.

Tags
bug