Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Accolades & Critics

Notices

Old 05-15-2011, 05:43 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Gladiator Medal

Just curious, my guild leader just hit 2500 arena wins on server 2! Wo0t to him. But I am wondering who has the most across the servers. I have looked at a few people and 2500 is the most wins I have seen.

Anyone seen more on server 2 or another since I dont use them?
Old 05-15-2011, 06:21 AM
Blacksmith

Darkemperor has 2623 kills on server 2 but him and your guild leader are small timers compared to Bain's 8023 kills on server 1
Old 05-15-2011, 06:49 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Great...now he has a target to reach haha

I shudder to think how many slowmo will have in another month...considering he has only been playing for a month haha
Old 05-17-2011, 08:28 AM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

Bain's been a monster on S1 since the early days. 2500+ is very impressive for only playing a month.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:25 AM
Adventurer

I dont know how many are wins..but Charista on s1 has over 9500 arena fights. Since he farms people..I have a feeling a high percentage are wins.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:44 AM
Wannabe Griffin

The only person on s1 I know of that has a rank 12 gladiator medal is Zhiva. Charista and bain should have it soon as well.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Adventurer

Yep, Zhiva got his medal. Severed Tongue and some other people (including myself, boy do I ever feel silly for giving him 200 wins to help him get there, GF) attacked him to get him 2000 wins in about 10 days.

But that doesn't come close to the guy on German Server 1 with 18000 Victories. He has slowed down, though. He had 16000 five months ago. And, in fact, I could only find that one player on that server that had gotten there, though I didn't look very hard. Lots in the 7000-8000 range, though.

I object to the term "farming", BTW. Is it "farming" when FlyingJoe hits Bain 20x in order to get 7 wins and tear him out of #1? If he does that every three days?

Farming comes from MMORPG's where you stay on one spawn site for hours and days in order to get a rare piece of gear, or to level. Attacking the same person over and over to annoy them is "griefing", but remember that in MMORPG's, a loss means 15-45 minutes of corpse recovery and return to someplace you can fight monsters. Attacking one person 15x in one day in this way causes you to have to delete 15 red mails and, at worst, make 15 attacks of your own to get your Rank back. (Personally, I turn that into 75 attacks to get the honor back 20-35 at a time, but hey, I'm unique.)

"Farming" in this game seems to have come to be defined by two attacks against the same person in one day. I completely reject that opinion of the definition, since that wouldn't even count as "griefing" in an MMORPG, unless the attacker in some way indicates it will happen a third time and more. To reach the level of being objectionable, there needs to be an indication that the attacks are personal, which requires multiple attacks on multiple consecutive days.

While I can wind up attacking the same person on two consecutive days when I am in the lower ranks, it normally doesn't happen until I get into the region where I can lose, which would be above Rank 20. If you're in that region, you better get used to that kind of treatment. The top 15 are very belligerent, and they have very few competitors to attack. If you don't want that, just dump honor by lowering your weapon and attacking more than 1000 honor below you to dump 200 per loss.

Anyway, because I'm down to less than 500, I am definitely going to finish before getting back to Rank 20, so my antics are coming to an end. And that is what makes me not a farmer. I'm going to be done, and will spend my daily attacks in the top 10, where I am "supposed" to be. That will demonstrate that my antics were never personal, which I feel is a requirement for "farming".

Last edited by Charista; 05-23-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:44 PM
Wannabe Griffin

18,000... Wow, just wow. I remember when Zhiva did that, I sent a guild mail to help I imagine it is more fun to earn it on your own though.
People will always find reasons to complain. If they do not like being attacked, which is part of the game, they should find a non-competitive game. On s2 I generally stay in the top 10 because it is a lot more entertaining to defend your rank. I always smile when I wake up to see a ton of red mails because I forgot to refresh my pots, and then just set out to get it back. For me it adds enjoyment to the game. Going for the most victories I imagine is no different.
As far as "farming" goes, I would say several consecutive attacks do count as farming honor or victories. It does not have to be personal nor have a negative meaning, but that is just how I see it. It is definitely not griefing, as that would imply that being competitive (staying in the top of the HoF requires you to attack the same people over and over again) is a bad thing.

Last edited by Nimryel; 05-23-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:10 PM
Adventurer

The problem with the term "farming" is that it is universally used as equivalent to "griefing". No one I have met that called me a farmer meant anything other than I was attacking them for some malicious reason. Since no one distinguishes farming from griefing, it has to have that connotation, though I respect that it's not inherently malicious to you.

Some of the mails I get are interesting though. One guy sent me a complaint, and when I explained myself, he told me that he was joking and I shouldn't have taken it seriously. What he failed to see was that I *do* get non-joking complaints written exactly the way he wrote it, so I won't take any responsibility for incorrectly taking him seriously. I have to, because complainers do not like being taken seriously. That doesn't stop me from mocking some of them, though. What's really remarkable is that most change their tune entirely when they find out what my methods are.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:18 PM
Adventurer

When is your bday Charista? I will mail you a farmer hat :P