Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Guild Section > Server 1 > Small Talk

Notices

Small Talk Events, congratulations, announcements...

Old 10-13-2011, 05:07 AM
Blacksmith

I must say, this is nail-bitingly intriguing!

I wonder what secrets will be discussed! So exciting!

Are there Zombunny snipers on the rooftops?

(Oh wait... Damn... we're not in the top twenty...
Oh, well... Guess I'll die ignorant. Was so looking forward to finding out the meaning of life, the unified theory... and what happened to the cat - still waiting for someone to open the damned box and look inside...)

Um... sorry for the intrusion, was just curious.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:00 AM
Adventurer

The forum is taking longer than Sai expected. He's got the basic thing installed, so now he has to set permissions for all the types of users, set the forum names/descriptions, etc. Grunt work, but time consuming. It is proceeding, and I can't give you an ETA.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:48 PM
Adventurer

Any further updates, Sai or C?
If you'd prefer not to spend time tinkering with your own forum, you could always use a free managed Guild site - they're quick and easy to get up and running. We're up on GuildLaunch now, but there are others too. Here are some URLs if you want to check them out:

www.guildlaunch.com
www.guildportal.com
www.enjin.com

Hopefully they're at least interesting, if not helpful!!
Old 10-26-2011, 03:46 PM
Blacksmith

So, what's the point of all of this? Is it an alternative to the official forums? Is it for any players from any S&F servers? Enlighten us, pretty please!
Old 10-26-2011, 05:07 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Wink Simple Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charista View Post
1) Something changed two weeks ago that Zombunny knows about, but every guild leader needs to know; however, we aren't comfortable writing about on this forum. It's not super-huge-game-changing, but there is a chance it will be useful information for defending your guild against aggressors.

2) A proposal that can mitigate the damage of honor dumping. (It has already been bounced off two guild reps and they've at least found it intriguing enough to use as a seed for a solution, if not adequate unchanged.)

Other guild leaders do have issues they want to discuss, but Sai didn't fill me in on those, so I don't know what and how many. This is just the candy I know about to attract your attention and get your saliva going.
May I offer a quick solution to your problem?

Xat.com you could set-up a chat room very quickly and post the link here in this post.

Seems like this matter is being made excessively complicated. Not to mention seemingly elitist from some of the posters.

With all the secrecy and such and only the inclusion of the top 25 guild intially. As was stated by the original poster some of the top 25 guilds may not be the same and also guilds do die. So it nice to see (through Bullbounds encouragement) you opened up to observers even though the majority of us probably will not know what we are observing. Since no one wants to say what it is, or was that changed.

I kind of feel like I am in The Matrix and it red pill, blue pill time.

Last edited by Lady Java; 10-26-2011 at 05:09 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady Java For This Useful Post:
bobo baggins (10-26-2011), ToscanToss (10-29-2011)
Old 10-27-2011, 02:35 AM
Adventurer

Okay, I have created a site and posted up both issues.

http://zombunny.guildlaunch.com/index.php?gid=236408

I have not yet proven the permission set-up I created works. This is my goal:

1) Guild Rep -- one person that speaks for each guild. Can post and edit to Guild Discussion forum.

2) Observers -- Official Observers. Will be limited in number. Officers preferred.

Permission set-up is clunky, bouncing between two pages, so I may have screwed up. I need to post up posting guidelines at some point, too. Civility is mandatory. No baiting. Don't care about Double posting. No baseless accusations ("I heard you did this. You're a bad person!"). Accusations are fine, but they need to be of the "You did this on X day to Y person" variety, preferably with a quote from Y so it can be tracked

Zombunny section is unpopulated.

This is for Server 1 only. I simply don't have the time to deal with every guild leader/officer in every guild on all servers. Talking more than 600 potential applicants

Please create accounts with your in-game name, since this is what I will use to double check identities. I will send a message to the in-game account to inform the owner that their account has been accepted. Just in case someone tries some identity theft.

I have posted both Zombunny issues up already. You'll need me to confirm your membership before you can see them.

Last edited by Charista; 10-27-2011 at 03:53 AM.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:44 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Arse View Post
So, what's the point of all of this? Is it an alternative to the official forums? Is it for any players from any S&F servers? Enlighten us, pretty please!
From what I am seeing, it is in no way an alternative. As stated previously, this thread is about a mode of communication that has NO official connection. It appears to be Zombunny's attempt to share information that could be used by many, but limit who receives it. From the first post in the thread,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charista
Zombunny has called this chat with two issues of our own to discuss:

1) Something changed two weeks ago that Zombunny knows about, but every guild leader needs to know; however, we aren't comfortable writing about on this forum. It's not super-huge-game-changing, but there is a chance it will be useful information for defending your guild against aggressors.

2) A proposal that can mitigate the damage of honor dumping. (It has already been bounced off two guild reps and they've at least found it intriguing enough to use as a seed for a solution, if not adequate unchanged.)

Other guild leaders do have issues they want to discuss, but Sai didn't fill me in on those, so I don't know what and how many. This is just the candy I know about to attract your attention and get your saliva going.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:59 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbound View Post
From what I am seeing, it is in no way an alternative. As stated previously, this thread is about a mode of communication that has NO official connection. It appears to be Zombunny's attempt to share information that could be used by many, but limit who receives it. From the first post in the thread,
False, Bullbound. And I don't like you misrepresenting my position. You know EXACTLY what I was talking about and EXACTLY why I would not say it here, because I sent you a PM explaining it all. If YOU want it made public then YOU start the thread: I am completely comfortable clarifying my position in response to your presentation of the information. I am NOT going to get burned AGAIN by starting something someone doesn't want started.

If anyone wants to know what I would not say, and why, it's on the forum now. Darstard has tested it, and it seems to be working as intended. The forum is open for business. Please inform your Guild Leaders and Officers.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Blacksmith

Okay, I'm as sceptical (skeptical) as the next pers... oh, who am I kidding...

That's a bummer... not that I don't understand... inrormation is valuable.

OK, considering the source of the information to be from the underworld... how many pints or quarts (of blood) does it cost to buy this info? (Or should I just mind my Ps & Qs...) Souls?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Arse View Post
*sigh* Yeah... See above, Lord...

(This thing's starting to get to me. Jolly good PR/marketing stunt! Well, that's what my sceptical half says - the other is on pins and needles atm. )
Old 10-27-2011, 04:23 PM
Adventurer

I missed Lord Arse's question.

Quote:
There are subjects that are taboo on this forum. Inter-guild conflict happens, but the S&F forum cannot be used to resolve the issues involved because:

1) Too many non-involved people aggravate the communications and turn it into a Flame War.

2) It is not in Playa's best interest to allow the existence of such conflicts to become public, so those threads are often shut down.

3) The Honor Dump Mitigation method required a forum, and we were not certain we would be allowed to use this forum for what we wanted. It might be interpreted as Spam and shut down. Since we had two other reasons, we could add one more use to it and offload from this one. Yes, Zombunny has fallen out of position again, but we have come back before. The method is useful to any Rank 1 guild that considers Honor Dumping. Of course, if all the guilds higher Rank than Zombunny don't Honor Dump, we're all going to over-Honro ourselves, and Zombunny will wind up Honor Dumping from Rank 2 or 3. Endless chose not to Honor Dump from Rank 3, but that demonstrates that Rank 3 can be in an Honor Dump position, too.

This site provides a vector whereby information inappropriate to the S&F forums can be made public. No, they are not official. But neither is the existence of these conflicts "official". It gets us around the moderators to the point where we can actually talk to other guilds and solve these issues.
Time of Death: 17:32 PDT November 14, 2011
It has passed into Myth and Legend.

http://zombunny.guildlaunch.com/index.php?gid=236408

Last edited by Charista; 10-28-2011 at 12:28 AM.