Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 09-03-2012, 03:46 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Thumbs down Labour Day is Canada too!

We observe Labour day too!

I understand that you are from over the ocean, but please put some effort into where you're pointing to.

I am on S7(us) and not S1(Can). I understand "us server, us advertising", but here's the thing. Most (if not all) Canadians playing this game began (are on) an U.S. server.

So please, we observe Labor (labour) day as much as our U.S.A. brethren to the south.

Which means, you putting U.S.A. flags all over the mushroom page... sorta doesn't make me want to buy any as an unrecognised party.

Tl;dr. U.S.A. shares a lot of customs with Canada; No, they are not the most important country in North America.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:23 AM
Crusader

Quote:
No, they are not the most important country in North America.
Maybe they don't teach this in Canadian schools, but I must inform you that the US is the most important country in North America. We have by far the largest population, the largest GDP, the most powerful army, the greatest cultural influence, etc. This does not imply that the US is better than Canada or any other country: in many respects, Canada is superior to the US. The US market, however, is much more important to Playa than the Canadian market. If they had to choose between losing all their US customers and all their Canadian customers, it would be "bye bye, Canada".

It's nothing personal. It's just economics.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:15 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Oh yes, by all means, I agree with most of their superiority in terms of economics, population, and military.

And I highly doubt it was "Put one or the other" when it came to the flags.

I may have been a bit quick to say "not the most important country."

I was trying to satire the entire situation, and I also want to reiterate that I wasn't trying to "make the flags go away and put Canadian flags."

I was merely suggesting that they could have put both, in terms that the Canadian server is new, and a vast majority of players from Canada play on the U.S. servers (saying as they are the closest previous to the Can1Serv.)
Old 09-03-2012, 06:09 PM
Blacksmith

Yeah, I think spiny started the post out as a joke too but ended up making it serious. lol
Old 09-03-2012, 10:10 PM

The reason for the US flag is that they are US servers. We wouldn't expect a US flag on the Canadian server for same holiday. What should have been questioned is why didn't the Canadian server get a shroom sale for their labor day holiday. So if anyone wants to question things about the 2 countries servers that should be what is questioned not who's flag is where or not.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
The Following User Says Thank You to bobo baggins For This Useful Post:
Bullbound (09-04-2012)
Old 09-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Blacksmith

Send a message via ICQ to polopoloyuuu

This is one of the few days where the flag is displayed at all in the game. The US doesn't even have a flag in the language section. (not that Canada does)
Old 09-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Adventurer

Thats because ENGLISH came from ENGLAND.
If you spoke AMERICAN, there would be an AMERICAN flag.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gynx For This Useful Post:
polopoloyuuu (09-04-2012)
Old 09-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Blacksmith

were ever you look if it says that they speak the same language as america and america its called english

plus how come america doesnt like canada? iv been to canada and well they were nice people
Old 09-04-2012, 03:18 PM
Blacksmith

Send a message via ICQ to polopoloyuuu

Origin of english

In reality: shakes and fidgets is a flash based game of happiness and joy and international politics should not infect it.

Last edited by bobo baggins; 09-04-2012 at 03:42 PM. Reason: double posting please use the edit button
Old 09-04-2012, 10:57 PM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

I believe the flag is up for Fourth of July as well. But the art misspells Independence so it makes it okay. I will remind them to add Labor Day to The Canadian server with the Maple Leaf to boot.