Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 04-09-2011, 07:40 AM
Wannabe Griffin

Lightbulb a must read suggestion by Thaenor

Greetings my fellow game companions, oponents and people who I haven't yet ran into.

After a momments thought I decided to come here to leave a big suggestion, that people who seek to use their phones to acess the game and with slow internet connections have been seeking.

First of all I know that graphics and the design are the game's strong point. Without this, the game would loose his charm. But this suggestion is turned to the people who already play and the flexibility his that much rewarding.

Here it goes. The game currently runs has a Flash application. It gives it the ultimate portability between computers since you can run the game anywhere without any instalation required. But in the 3G generation people also look up to play in their phones.

So any Shakes & Fidget players dreams to be able to grab his phone while hes in the bus or simply wait for his/her boyfriend/girlfriend and check on his "alt" and see how his the world of shakes and fidget doing.

That would be great... but how... there are some apps for Androids...but that would leave blackberry and Iphone users without a way to connect to the game since their mobiles do not support flash...

FEAR NOT! I have the solution. And it lies in the basics.

HTML

has simple has that.
One day my net was a bit sluggish so I decided to try the mode ingame for slow connections. All it did was replace all the images by the s&f default background (the one with the big fiery dragon spoking s&f).

My suggestion his that you remake this slow connections mode to an html code made simple. There would be little to no images and one would simply click the links and start quests. Click for battles and increase his stats.

there should be a main menu looking like this:

welcome "player"

Tavern
Arena
Character
Guild
Mail
(...)

each of those would be a link. Some options like the shops would also have to be deactivated (perhaps) but they'd still be fully accessible through a computer.

This way, slow connection player may still enjoy the game in full speed and best of all everyone could play on their phone regardless of the brand or OS.
Yes there would be the downside of the graphics but I bet you, dear player, wouldn't mind giving that up in exchange of doing quests during classes or beign able to click in for guild wars as soon as they start like most leaders keep asking you to.

PS: Another downside is that you wouldn't receive any warnings in case a battle starts, but refreshing the browser every 2 or 3 hours would allow to check that. As as I can think this seems like great idea.

I am a blackberry user and I've seen in the blackbery app store some apps for "browser games" hmtl made like I'm suggesting.

Thank you
Thaenor
The Following User Says Thank You to Thaenor For This Useful Post:
Elyst (05-16-2011)
Old 04-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Truffle Shuffler

I agree with this 110% as I'm on my phone now and not at home. All of us don't have 4g or strong wifi connection, and the most I have those is once a week. I would have suggested an app on ALL app stores that is like 5 dollars which would allow you to quest/fight, and I am ONE HUNDRED percent sure that this would be as good a money maker as the shrooms. I for one would play the game the first day the HTML version comes out. I don't care if it has pictures AT ALL, just the simple fact that you would make a lot more money if you did this...more time to play=more mushrooms spent. I don't have the convienience to use all my thirst every day, if I could...hell yeah I' buy a griffin every 2 weeks. But not when I only, on average, use 30-40 thirst daily. Which would be like 20 on a griffin. So, go figure, I haven't bought any mushrooms yet.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:07 AM
Supreme Adventurer

I'm a bit confused. Are you asking for a text based version where it is just pick the menu from the list and select?
Old 04-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Adventurer

Yes, that is what they want. A nongraphic, text only, menu driven front end for the current game. Possibly as a phone app., for low band width, minimal browser usage. Like web enabled phones, Nintendo DSs, Sony PSPs & the Wii. Even though there are a lot of Text based MMOs out there, they are not Shakes & Fidgit. There is another which I found before I ended up here, it is the same type of game as Shakes & Fidgit (well if you leave out the humor, most of races & all the sound). For play value the game would be a 1 with Shakes & Fidgit being a 5, but you can play it on almost anything, things that won't even try to load S&F. That being said, the rest of their games take more to run than S&F and still are not as much fun.

Last edited by Bullbound; 04-10-2011 at 06:27 PM. Reason: removed mentions of another online game
Old 04-10-2011, 03:45 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Exactly Rizathivax. That would be perfect.

Bump... sorry, I'd like some support on this one.

Last edited by Bullbound; 04-13-2011 at 01:25 PM. Reason: do not double post. Use the "Edit" button if you have stuff to add
Old 04-12-2011, 11:26 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zues33 View Post
Sorry according to my guy in tech. support they are only working on the most popular platform, namely the PC. Anything else is considering a nonsupported platform, if it works fine if not, oh well. If they decide to support something other than PC, they will announce it here in the forum. If you want to let them know what platforms you are playing on, go to my thread in the General section titled "What platforms are you playing S&F on?" & take my poll. That's where I'm asking for people to tell the designers what else we're playing S&F on.

Last edited by Rizathivax; 04-13-2011 at 12:48 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:44 AM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zues33 View Post
Please do not bump threads.

The low-res version of the game was made to help people with slow connections. Redoing the game outside of Flash for that purpose would be...it'll never happen. It'd be much more likely to see a dedicated app created for iOS or BlackBerry than that.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:20 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTZKooPA View Post
It'd be much more likely to see a dedicated app created for iOS or BlackBerry than that.
I also suggested an app on the app store in my first post
Old 04-13-2011, 06:42 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTZKooPA View Post
The low-res version of the game was made to help people with slow connections. Redoing the game outside of Flash for that purpose would be...it'll never happen. It'd be much more likely to see a dedicated app created for iOS or BlackBerry than that.
I think instead of lowering the the res. of the game or redoing it outside of flash, that you could get the same over all effect by adding a switch to turn off loading the background screens, like you already have in the options for some of the animation and the sound. In fact adding a switch to turn off all animations and just show the out come of the battles (as if you hit "skip") would help even more. This would really help all those playing on less than current systems, too. Not to mention those playing on "unsupported platforms".
Old 04-27-2011, 04:49 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Default the idea.

I'd like to straighten the request a bit.

It's shame I can't post references to other games because I know a few that would serve has perfect example for this. But rules are rules.

I've tried the low res version of the game and pretty honestly I think it sucks.
No offense but all it did was change all images to the default image. And the default image (the dragon and shakes n Fidget) is mainly orange, same colour has the letters in the game wich just made everything a lot harder to read.

now what I'm asking his this.

If I try to open the snf page on my Nokia or my Blackberry I get nothing. Thei're flash applications that simply won't run on my cellphones.

So if there was an Hmtl version, text based if you will, version of the game acessible throught the browser would be great. Basically would mean changing the Snf game code to Html I think.

the app's ideas are great but I supose they would require more work from you and would bear the disavantage of not being available for all platforms.

i.e: I heard some rumours about a snf iphone app. If there really was one it would mean nothing to me since I use a blackberry... and I don't the game THAT much to be able to buy an iphone just for it.

So, to sum up, a text based alternative to the game, would be a greatly appreciated change, judging by the ammount of people that support this idea.

Don't force us to amass and make a petition or a facebook group to make this happen xD
cuz we will and then we'll go for more item slots and who knows what else
The Following User Says Thank You to Thaenor For This Useful Post:
Elyst (05-16-2011)