Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 09-12-2011, 10:57 AM
Adventurer

Default Recipe for guild "dumping" honor.

I can think of really only one absolute way of a guild "dumping" honor. Although it would that a guild of dedicated members & unity that I can't envision many being able to pull off though.

That said, if a large group of the more powerful members & officers "step out" of the guild, to be automatically re-invited back in they will not be included in any attacks or defense for the next 24hrs.

Really, other than their donation counters, nothing will change for them in the guild. I know some guilds already "loan out" members to help out other guilds, this would be the same just on a much larger scale.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:24 AM
Adventurer

SInce Zombunny needs to Honor Dump at least once every 4 days, and when ST decides to attack us, that can cut down to 2.5 days, the 24 hour flu would cause us to lose significant amounts of XP. We already lose 1 attack to the honor dump, but this would cause us to lose 3.

It's also highly disruptive, which adds a ton of stress to the players involved. It certainly isn't "fun".
Old 09-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Adventurer

All true, but I never suggested it would be problem free or fun, just effective.

*I love your "24hr. flu" reference, I wish I would have thought of it.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:35 AM
Supreme Adventurer

At 0:00, players leave. 0:01, the dump of honor happens. The players come back at 0:02. War #2 is declared at 1:31 due to the cooldown period. War #2 is fought at 11:31. War #3 is declared at 13:01. War #3 is fought at 23:01.

However, if one of the wars was moved by just 31 minutes, there would be no need for a player that left to miss 2 wars of xp and for the guild to lose 3 fights. Most guilds that do 2 wars per day, seem to do them 12 hours apart. This would mean that the players who left, would indeed miss 2 wars, but would only miss the experience of 1, since the dump of honor does not result in xp gained. For the guild, it would also mean 2 lost wars, not 3.

If the guild is going to have to drop honor again in the future, what difference does it make in regards to how soon it happens? The loss will still occur, and this idea just puts the costs together, in exchange for a longer period until another drop of honor is needed.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:24 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbound View Post
At 0:00, players leave. 0:01, the dump of honor happens. The players come back at 0:02. War #2 is declared at 1:31 due to the cooldown period. War #2 is fought at 11:31. War #3 is declared at 13:01. War #3 is fought at 23:01.
That makes us vulnerable to other guilds attacking us. While that's nice for getting rid of honor, we are also jealous of oour Rank, and don't want to risk losing it to Rank 2. With the -200 from the tank, -175 from the first loss to Rank 2 and they gain +175, and -150 from the second loss with Rank 2 gaining +150, we just closed the gap to 75 honor between 1 and 2.

Theoretically, a strong #3 could do that too, and take #2 away from the Rightful Rank 2, leaving them screaming at us not to let it happen again. We are, essentially, dropping our weapons for that period every 3-4 days, in a predictable pattern. Someone would eventually take advantage of us.

Quote:
If the guild is going to have to drop honor again in the future, what difference does it make in regards to how soon it happens?
It's very important to those we dump honor on. They want us to dump honor as infrequently as possible in order to limit damage to other guilds.

This is achieved by getting the smallest amount of honor per win. You get less honor for having a larger difference to the losing guild, so you want to dump 200 honor, but stay as close to 950 honor as possible. (The ideal is having your last win at 950 honor for +20, to 970, tank to 770.) I don't have a table of all honor gains for all honor differences, but I may start making that table for one reason or another.

I have recently thought of Tanking twice in a row, for a reason I will not explain. This would result in -200 for the first Tank, -150 for the second, but the honor from wins would begin at ~50 instead of ~35. This would net us only 3.5 or 4 wins for the second Tank, instead of the 6 I hope to get from the first. That shortens the overall Tanking frequency to less than 1 in 5 attacks, instead of the 1 in 6 we get now.

Quote:
The loss will still occur, and this idea just puts the costs together, in exchange for a longer period until another drop of honor is needed.
Except that I have to Tank on two guilds, or one guild twice. Dumping 350 honor on any guild is going to cause that guild a major problem. And, overall, I wind up with fewer wins per Tank.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Charista, you keep the same number of wins per tank, actually.

If you drop 200, and then drop 200 again, that is 400 honor to recover and not 350. You would use the same strategy twice, to net the same number of wins twice.

Last edited by Bullbound; 09-13-2011 at 02:40 PM. Reason: clearer math
Old 09-13-2011, 03:32 PM
Adventurer

Hey Bullbound or Charista, now might be a good time to explain what is meant by "tanking" for those people who may only think they know what you are talking about or don't have any idea at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rizathivax For This Useful Post:
DominicS (10-29-2011)
Old 09-13-2011, 04:08 PM
Adventurer

Tank:
Slang. To suffer a sudden decline or failure: "Steady investors . . . kept their heads when the stock market tanked in October 1987" (Burton G. Malkiel).

In this case it means to loose a battle.

Last edited by Darstard; 09-13-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:31 PM
Supreme Adventurer

"Tanking" a guild fight is where a guild purposefully loses a fight so that they lose the most honor possible at a time.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bullbound For This Useful Post:
Rizathivax (09-13-2011)
Old 09-13-2011, 06:43 PM
Adventurer

While we're explaining things, what is the whole deal about the over 950 Honor difference that seems to be behind the need to get rid of the extra Honor?

Some of us (probably most) are too far from the top to have ever experienced the problem yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rizathivax For This Useful Post:
DominicS (10-29-2011)