Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 02-08-2013, 05:39 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Default Work for more than money!

So we have work. People choose to set their guard duty for when they will be offline so the character is gaining money while they are gone.

If it's guard duty, then the character is expected to sit around near the city gates, looking all imposing and mean. But it wouldn't be guard duty if a couple of goblins or skeletons wouldn't show up to attack amIRight?

And that brings me to my idea. The guard duty could award people with extra money and experience from random opponents.

Each hour set to work there would be odds that would determine if the player is attacked by a normal enemy (like the one's in the quests) and then he gains a bit of experience and maybe extra money as loot.
By the end of it, instead of showing the usual text with the money reward, you show a table with the hours where monster showed up and what reward you got from it. There should be stronger and weaker monster and variating reward with each of them.

here's an example, for a guy who worked from 17:00 to 19:00.
the tablet will show something like.

time|oponent|reward
17:05|goblin|500 gold
19:05|red wizard|lost

WE HAVE TO GO DEEPER!

I really couldn't help myself to take this to the next level so I'm gonna go ahead and add this as an optional thing.

The guild work!

Like there is the normal guard duty, officers and guild leaders could start the "guild duty". It would be like the first idea I mentioned, only that the enemies are "guild dungeon" hard and some/all of the reward money goes to the guild.

Let's see an example. The guild leader starts the working duty from 8am to 2pm. The guild will "click" and assist with the guard duty adding to the force that faces the monsters when they randomly appear.
Let's say the first enemy pops up at 10am and only half the guild is clicked in. That half of the guild will be one's to enter the battle. The rest will join for later combats if they click in.

What do you think? Like the idea?

-> properly allowed to brag for winning the HOLY F.A.Q contest with a General F.A.Q.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Thaenor For This Useful Post:
alex235 (02-13-2013), darren00 (02-14-2013), DominicS (02-18-2013), peanut3utter (03-27-2013)
Old 02-13-2013, 11:01 PM
Mushroom Collector

Default AWESOME!!!!!

Dude!!!! Best idea ever!!!
Old 02-14-2013, 05:40 AM
Blacksmith

Full Support from me. I think I and a couple of others suggested something similar via email when they did the poll and possible on the forum as well.

But you got my support. When working guard duty there should be a chance for something to happen. you interrupt a burglary of one of the shops... you stop a battle between a couple of drunken wizards. you break up a tavern brawl. You stop a armed robbery.. You catch a dragon trying to raid the paddock for the horses.

then possibility's are endless and it could be a hell of a lot of fun. What would make it a ton of fun is if we could watch the battles from our guard duty when we sign in...

but even if we cant watch the battle's on log in I know a number of us would be just as happy seeing a in game E-mail of the statistics of how our guards shift went...

The idea of random events occurring while on guard duty would be pretty darned cool
Never give up & Never surrender. Fight with your last breath. Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. In time all shall die, will we transcend & attain a place afterlife. I'm tired & I'd like to go home. My fight is not yet done, I'm not yet ready to cross. Pay Charon the ferryman when I go. He will need his gold if I am to cross the river Styx
The Following User Says Thank You to Evail Frog For This Useful Post:
alex235 (02-14-2013)
Old 02-14-2013, 11:47 AM
Blacksmith

i like it, now lets see if it will happen

post it in the german forums its more likley it will be considered over there
Old 02-14-2013, 10:20 PM
Mushroom Collector

Lol
Old 02-14-2013, 10:22 PM
Mushroom Collector

But yeah, I do think that being able to watch the guard duty fights like you can when you get emailed about an attack is even better. And everybody else that is in guard duty could help take down, say a dragon trying to rob the mayor of his treasure.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:09 PM
Mushroom Collector

Default Great idea

Fantastic idea, could actually give meaning to the work....currently the gold isn't all that good at higher levels. Full support