Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 06-10-2010, 10:45 AM
Dummy

Default Clicking the "Skip" button

I noticed that when you click the skip button on anything, a quest or a fight in the arena, you tend to lose. I don't know why that is but it happens about 75% when you skip something. Also, only about 50% of the time, when you want a whole new load of gear in the magic or weapon shop, the new stuff is always crappier. If you get anything good that only happens about 5 out of 10 times. Happy Hunting!
Old 06-10-2010, 11:24 AM
Supreme Adventurer

This actually isn't true for the game, Renegade. The skip button only takes you to the end of the fight, but it progresses the same as if you don't click the skip button. If you are getting beat that often, then you may want to spend more time on your stats and raising them, instead of gaining levels. You may be higher than you are comfortable on the Hall of Fame too. For someone like myself who goes for gold over xp on the quests, the Skip button does not make me lose, since my stats are more than capable of fighting the monsters and players I face. Sure, I may lose the occasional arena fight, but that is just because the other player is better than I am. It has nothing to do with me clicking the Skip button, because all the math has already been done.

As for the shop items, they do tend to be worse than those you get from a dungeon or quest, but they all fit within a predetermined range of stats, armor, and/or damage. The luck is in where that range falls. Here, we are talking about real luck and not the stat. There have been times where I would find more than enough potions when using one or two mushrooms and other times where I would burn through 15+ just to get one potion. The use of mushrooms to refresh a shop or the clicking of the Skip button have nothing to do with the problems you may be facing, as they do not effect anything other than the population of the shop with more items that are randomly generated (could have the same effect by staying at the same level for multiple days), or the passage of time that a fight takes. The math and data are already set. It is just a matter of how fast you access it.
Renegade 13 (06-10-2010)
Old 06-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade 13 View Post
I noticed that when you click the skip button on anything, a quest or a fight in the arena, you tend to lose. I don't know why that is but it happens about 75% when you skip something. Also, only about 50% of the time, when you want a whole new load of gear in the magic or weapon shop, the new stuff is always crappier. If you get anything good that only happens about 5 out of 10 times. Happy Hunting!
5 out of 10 is pretty good, Renegade. I've gotten 0 for 12 for 3 days in a row now and before that usually one 1 or 2 out of 12 shop items would fit my definition of 'better' but maybe I'm just really lucky with items when I do get them.

As for quest items, I don't really get as many options as many higher level players testify to. At level 23 (and leveling at a rate of 1-2 per day) I see items few and far between, and they are usually terrible. Dungeon items are great though, as long as they don't age too fast.

To be honest though, there are only 10 item slots as it is, which is pretty easy to fill, so it's not so much of a problem.

As for your 'success rate', I wanted to ask what your rate of leveling is. As you level, shop stuff gets better, quests and their rewards get better, and your dungeon items get better. Spending gold on shop items is the exact opposite of what your mentality should be at early levels, where investing in stat points is paramount. Quest creatures (even the hardest ones) should be easy peasy compared to players, and you want to be in the top 20-25 players your level if you want to stay competitive. (There are fewer active players than the rankings indicate)

If you are failing any tavern quests, I recommend you do quick stat check of players of the same level in your class. Check their commerce medal to see how much gold they spent to get to their stats and equipment. If you have spent far less than them, it is understandable they are a little ahead of you, but being competitive means catching up to them.

Don't forget to city guard when you are offline and spend ALOT on stats. As for equipment, my thinking (for warriors) is:

Base Weapon Damage > Strength >> Con >> Luck > Armor >>> Dex/Int

Dealing more damage is crucial against Dex and having more hp is crucial against Int and Dex when tavern creatures start having real attack stats. To be honest, their HP is never as high as yours or dungeon creatures, but they don't need to last long to lucky crit/evade you for a few rounds.

Best of luck, and don't be shy about asking your guildmates for game tips.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:04 PM
Dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbound View Post
This actually isn't true for the game, Renegade. The skip button only takes you to the end of the fight, but it progresses the same as if you don't click the skip button. If you are getting beat that often, then you may want to spend more time on your stats and raising them, instead of gaining levels. You may be higher than you are comfortable on the Hall of Fame too. For someone like myself who goes for gold over xp on the quests, the Skip button does not make me lose, since my stats are more than capable of fighting the monsters and players I face. Sure, I may lose the occasional arena fight, but that is just because the other player is better than I am. It has nothing to do with me clicking the Skip button, because all the math has already been done.

As for the shop items, they do tend to be worse than those you get from a dungeon or quest, but they all fit within a predetermined range of stats, armor, and/or damage. The luck is in where that range falls. Here, we are talking about real luck and not the stat. There have been times where I would find more than enough potions when using one or two mushrooms and other times where I would burn through 15+ just to get one potion. The use of mushrooms to refresh a shop or the clicking of the Skip button have nothing to do with the problems you may be facing, as they do not effect anything other than the population of the shop with more items that are randomly generated (could have the same effect by staying at the same level for multiple days), or the passage of time that a fight takes. The math and data are already set. It is just a matter of how fast you access it.
I guess you're right. It just seems that way to me. Does any one know how to beat the freaking ghost in Dungeon 1 Level 1?
Old 06-10-2010, 12:07 PM
Community Manager

Just keep getting experience. Or drink some potions. It does not matter if you lose again and again because there will be the day you'll defeat the ghost.

And items are really random. I did not get one single epic item after beating the last ten dungeon enemies. A friend of mine cleared five dungeon levels and got four epic items.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
The Following User Says Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
Renegade 13 (06-10-2010)
Old 06-10-2010, 12:07 PM
Dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDude2 View Post
5 out of 10 is pretty good, Renegade. I've gotten 0 for 12 for 3 days in a row now and before that usually one 1 or 2 out of 12 shop items would fit my definition of 'better' but maybe I'm just really lucky with items when I do get them.

As for quest items, I don't really get as many options as many higher level players testify to. At level 23 (and leveling at a rate of 1-2 per day) I see items few and far between, and they are usually terrible. Dungeon items are great though, as long as they don't age too fast.

To be honest though, there are only 10 item slots as it is, which is pretty easy to fill, so it's not so much of a problem.

As for your 'success rate', I wanted to ask what your rate of leveling is. As you level, shop stuff gets better, quests and their rewards get better, and your dungeon items get better. Spending gold on shop items is the exact opposite of what your mentality should be at early levels, where investing in stat points is paramount. Quest creatures (even the hardest ones) should be easy peasy compared to players, and you want to be in the top 20-25 players your level if you want to stay competitive. (There are fewer active players than the rankings indicate)

If you are failing any tavern quests, I recommend you do quick stat check of players of the same level in your class. Check their commerce medal to see how much gold they spent to get to their stats and equipment. If you have spent far less than them, it is understandable they are a little ahead of you, but being competitive means catching up to them.

Don't forget to city guard when you are offline and spend ALOT on stats. As for equipment, my thinking (for warriors) is:

Base Weapon Damage > Strength >> Con >> Luck > Armor >>> Dex/Int

Dealing more damage is crucial against Dex and having more hp is crucial against Int and Dex when tavern creatures start having real attack stats. To be honest, their HP is never as high as yours or dungeon creatures, but they don't need to last long to lucky crit/evade you for a few rounds.

Best of luck, and don't be shy about asking your guildmates for game tips.
I'm level 11. Um, don't have a guild but Boxley said as soon as he got enough mushrooms, he would send the invite to me to join Dirt Dogs. I don't use potions cause I don't really want to spend money to increase something for a couple of hours. But thanks for the advice.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
I don't use potions cause I don't really want to spend money to increase something for a couple of hours.
If you aren't in the guild wars, or you aren't trying to edge out a particularly tough dungeon monster, I don't think any player would recommend that you use potions.

Clicking the Plus symbols on your character sheet is what I meant by improve your stats. Spend gold and silver on those stats until it becomes cumbersome to do so, like when you need to city guard for 5 hours just to get one point of permanent stats, you're probably at least on pace to not lose to tavern whelps.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:42 AM
Blacksmith

Send a message via AIM to FluffCake

Well that's why you lose a lot.
The lower the level the more you seem to lose at what ever you're doing.

It's kind of silly that it turns out like that because that implies other people are always winning at low levels.

But it's just a silly process until you get high and things even out for any combat situation in the game.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:45 AM
Community Manager

Quote:
I'm level 11. Um, don't have a guild but Boxley said as soon as he got enough mushrooms, he would send the invite to me to join Dirt Dogs. I don't use potions cause I don't really want to spend money to increase something for a couple of hours. But thanks for the advice.
Potions are really helpful, especially if you have a high-level character. One statpoint is e.g. 7.000, one potion is 6.000 but it gives you a bonus of +150, e.g.

I usually drink dexterity, luck and constitution potions (I am a scout). If you are a mage, replace dexterity by intelligence or strength as a warrior. Yes, the effects only last a day but give you a huge boost in the dungeons. Remember that you can gain a ton of experience for defeating a dungeon enemy.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter