Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like that new feature?
Yes, I do 21 46.67%
No, it is really bad 13 28.89%
yes, but it should be up for a shorter period 8 17.78%
Don't care, I don't buy beers 3 6.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-17-2011, 08:09 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Octoberfest

From 17 of September to 3 of october its a beer festival.

You can drink all the beer you like at the tavern, by paying of course 1 each beer.
But no limit to 10 beers a day. A good idea for those with lots of and time to spare .
Beware, you can't skip missions during the festival.

So what's your opinion?

Last edited by mxkrtg; 09-17-2011 at 11:45 AM.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:19 AM
Blacksmith

It would be better if they made it for 2 or 3 day ,but not whit unlimited buying ,but whit getting beer for free whit the limitation of the usual 20.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:28 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Well thats a bit unfair to the people that want to play, want to by shrooms but don't have the time.
Giving a smaller period, like a weekend where most people have more time, or giving some free beers, or even raising the cap from 10 to 15 (1 more bar) would be good news as well.
But this, i don't know. To be honest i work on the computer so i would propably play 6 or more thirst bars, This is really time consuming.
I chose this game because
1)It was (and is) free, and i can pay the amount i want. Not a monthly fee included
2)It's simple and not time consuming.

If i wanted to pay large amounts and be all the day on my PC i could play some MMORPG games (won't say names its prohibited) with monthly subscription and be 24/7 online
Old 09-17-2011, 09:00 AM
Community Manager

It's a good way to skill your character nevertheless. Oktoberfest is highly popular in Germany (and also world-wide) and a special event like this is a good way to be added to S&F. You can spend mushrooms to buy beer in our game and Oktoberfest is all about beer, too...so Oktoberfest fits the tavern just perfectly.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 09-17-2011, 09:02 AM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxkrtg View Post
If i wanted to pay large amounts and be all the day on my PC i could play some MMORPG games (won't say names its prohibited) with monthly subscription and be 24/7 online
I won't comment on this event and its special - and in all likelihood very temporary - feature (rather take it in stride), but will instead note that I don't think you're prohibited from mentioning commercially distributed, 'boxed' games by title, only competing browser-based games (though even that seems a bit extreme if it's not blatant advertising/spam, but so be it - only an opinion, not a call to arms).

Last edited by ToscanToss; 09-17-2011 at 09:04 AM.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:02 AM
Stable Boy

I just wish they had announced this before I decided to waste 50 s yesterday updating my equipment by refreshing the shops.

I do see one drawback in this tempts me to just play all day and never work. Hope they have some sales soon though because I wasn't planning on buying anymore until Halloween when my Griffon-Dragon ran out but now I will probably need more soon cause I can see me using a good 50 s a day with this feature.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:15 AM
Blacksmith

Hmm... I wish they had annouced it as well (or at the very least [!] informed our community manager about it!) before I decided that sleep was a necessary thing after all...
Oh, well... beer under the bridge...
Old 09-17-2011, 09:20 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
It's a good way to skill your character nevertheless. Oktoberfest is highly popular in Germany (and also world-wide) and a special event like this is a good way to be added to S&F. You can spend mushrooms to buy beer in our game and Oktoberfest is all about beer, too...so Oktoberfest fits the tavern just perfectly.
True, its a great way to boost up your char, no argue on that. And it's nice too, it's a beer festival->we drink beers in shakes and fidget--> beer festival in shakes and fidget!!!

There are some balance issue, but that happens always. If you play a lot of online games at some point you get the feeling that this is not fun any more, it's like a job. That is the time you might stop playing.
I got that feeling today, i felt like i don't want to play but i have to play or else i ll stay behind.

And there is something that is missing too.
Where is the food? The sausages? The meat? The steaks? The pork? I was sure oct. fest was about beer with sausage and pork. i don't see them? Why??
This make me sad, beering will only give you a headache and a reason to go "unload" a lot. You must also eat
Old 09-17-2011, 09:36 AM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxkrtg View Post
I was sure oct. fest was about beer with sausage and pork. i don't see them? Why??
My guess? They're hoping you'll get drunk quicker and fall under the table... Or, if you can take it, still get drunk quicker, and spend more.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:07 AM
Blacksmith

As a 'shroomer, great. BUT... this is going to a) put a lot of pressure on the 'shroomers in your guild to spend, spend, spend so as not to let the guilds above pull away and b) this is REALLY going to separate the 'shroomers from the non-shroomers. I mean, the average non-shroomer can maybe do half a level a day? A 'shroomer might now be able to do anywhere 3-4 or more levels in a day! Over two weeks!