Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > General

Notices

Old 02-13-2016, 03:31 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Default Next Mushroom Sale?

Since the Mushroom Sale for Valentine's Day has been cancelled, will the next Mushroom Sale be St. Patrick's Day?
Old 02-13-2016, 05:15 PM

no one will know till a couple days b4 then but tbh I doubt it.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 02-14-2016, 04:08 AM
Blacksmith

Checking the forum threads I see we had a Valentine's day sale last year and then another sale two weeks later (we also had a sale for St. Patrick's Day too). I really hope we will have a sale either next weekend or the weekend after. Moreover, I expect we will have an Experience event and then an Epic event - both a great reason to buy mushrooms.

Not having a sale today is quite a blow to me too as my plans for the game heavily relied on the expected sale. My mount will expire tomorrow and then I will have mushrooms for another two days... Not to mention that my fortress development plans require spinning the wheel 20 times a day next week. I've never bought mushrooms without a sale, but I'll have to find a temporary solution.
Old 02-14-2016, 05:27 AM

We had a sale 1/29 I suspect we will get one in the next weekend or 2. A slim chance on one for st patricks day but my thinking is they will go with the full weekend over a 1 day sale.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 02-15-2016, 10:01 AM
Community Manager

I was also surprised there was no Valentine's sale as we used to have them the last couple of years. Hope, Playa will come up with one soon.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 02-15-2016, 11:54 AM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
I was also surprised there was no Valentine's sale as we used to have them the last couple of years. Hope, Playa will come up with one soon.
They have been pretty generous with mushroom sales, but they have come at weird times recently.

I think it would be advantageous for Playa to re-examine the Mushroom Sale.

1. Major European and North American Holidays (The duration of the day if its during the week and the duration of the weekend if its during the weekend)
2. Any Friday there is a new server release
3. Oktoberfest (The entire time)
Old 02-15-2016, 06:43 PM

I have a better idea have the shroom sale either every 4th weekend or epic event. Have holidays be for increased resource production and or faster upgrade timer or have 1 day events for the holiday.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 02-15-2016, 10:28 PM
Blacksmith

and maybe add 5 - 10 free spins on holidays?
Old 02-16-2016, 04:02 PM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
I have a better idea have the shroom sale either every 4th weekend or epic event. Have holidays be for increased resource production and or faster upgrade timer or have 1 day events for the holiday.
I like the suggestion to have fixed dates for mushroom sales. I guess the initial idea was that these sales are something special - a moment to celebrate. However, I think everybody will be happy if we have a mushroom sale every four weeks or every other weekend or why not every weekend? Everybody will be happy.
Mushrooms don't cost anything to Playa - the company expenses are fixed and it makes no difference to them whether they sell you 3000 or 3600 mushrooms, their only concern is how often they sell. It may turn out that people spend 3600 mushrooms faster than they spend 3000 - this would mean they will buy more often. Yesterday I bought 125 mushrooms to patch the situation till the next sale and I can assure you I am spending them very carefully. Had I bought 3600 on a sale, my expenses would be far more unreasonable (if you have more, you spend more). Also, I am sure many people buy mushrooms only during a sale, because otherwise they would feel screwed (like I did) for not making the best deal. This means the sale day is the only day they can buy mushrooms because of their strong inner resistance- they just don't see another option. Not knowing when the next sale day is could be quite frustrating and will certainly reduce the amount of mushrooms you spend. If I knew we were going to have a sale this weekend, I would start spinning the wheel right away, because I need resources.... but here I am - waiting because of the uncertainty.