Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Help & Questions

Notices

Old 09-21-2016, 06:43 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
I would use earth for that one. as for water it is a good choice as well but waters bonus is against fire.
oh, right my bad, still getting used to learning the elemental advantages.
Old 09-21-2016, 10:45 AM
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseOne View Post
how do i search for someone's pets in the HoF?
like i see that he has 24 pets total, but i cant see which ones he has leveled as you mentioned,
Yes, you only see his/her total but you also see the rank and honor. It helps you guess if the pets are dangerous (some high levels among them) or if just the total is high but the pets have all been upgraded so no high levels are to be expected.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 09-21-2016, 10:55 AM
Blacksmith

At the beginning when everyone was just starting to raise pets,i used to do

lvl total minus number of pets in the element
and that would give me rough idea how maxed pet could be. of course this stopped working once everyone got their first lv 100 pet.
Old 09-21-2016, 02:11 PM

Quote:
how do i search for someone's pets in the HoF?
like i see that he has 24 pets total, but i cant see which ones he has leveled as you mentioned,
you cant can only see how many total pets in HoF and total level of an element if they r a PvP target for you.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 09-21-2016, 03:44 PM
Truffle Shuffler

-.-, just noticed that with every attack i make, my opponent's total level changes, sometimes drastically, for example today is Vs Fire,

i attack with my water and his total from 43 went up to 63 after i beat him with my water, i then used earth since it had the closest total level, beat him again and his total level dropped to 50(something), i then attack him again with my shadow, i lose and his total is now 55,

wtf is going on, why is it changing up and down like that
Old 09-21-2016, 03:47 PM
Mushroom Collector

because after you attack once, it randomly selects a different person for you to attack.

for example (using names of people who posted in this thread already) if you attacked me first I might have a 43 for that pet group. After that battle is over if you attack Bobo than his might be 63 for that group.

Each battle is against a different person and his pets may vary largely from the previous person.

for example I am looking at a guy with 190 for his earth pets right now. Earlier in the day I happened to hit one of the upper guys and he had 321.
Old 09-21-2016, 04:05 PM
Truffle Shuffler

WAIT WHAT, DIFFERENT PEOPLE!?!
i NEVER noticed that ._., and i was wondering like HELL (why did he have a lvl 60 this time but before he only have a lvl 30 pet) OMFG HOW BLIND CAN I BE
Old 09-21-2016, 07:49 PM

Quote:
WAIT WHAT, DIFFERENT PEOPLE!?!
i NEVER noticed that ._., and i was wondering like HELL (why did he have a lvl 60 this time but before he only have a lvl 30 pet) OMFG HOW BLIND CAN I BE

LOL yeah it changes the player once you attack. which is why unless it is your last attack even if you know you cant win you still attack just with your worst element.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 09-21-2016, 08:05 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
LOL yeah it changes the player once you attack. which is why unless it is your last attack even if you know you cant win you still attack just with your worst element.
its amusing how, every question-mark i had about the pets just clicked together.
neat
Old 09-23-2016, 01:44 PM
Crusader

The basic strategy is to use the weakest pet category you have that you think will beat your opponent. If you don't think any of your pets can win, sacrifice your weakest pets.

The trick is to try to figure out where your opponents are, and use your pets effectively. Let's say you rank your and your opponents based on relative strength, 1-10, 10 the best. If your pets are 1-3-5-7-9 and your opponents 2-4-6-8-10, think about how the battles could go. If you match up this way:

1 vs 2
3 vs 4
5 vs 6
7 vs 8
9 vs 10

you will lose all 5 battles and win no fruit. But if you match up this way:

1 vs 10
3 vs 2
5 vs 4
7 vs 6
9 vs 8

you will win 4 of 5

How do you know how strong your opponent is? Total level helps, but also pay attention to how many pets your opponent has. This is especially important as your level rises. For example, let's say your total pet level is 320 and you are going against someone who is at 380. If you have trained your pets the same way, you will lose. But let's say you have 13 pets open and your opponent only 10. That most likely means he doesn't have a pet strong enough to open habitats 11, 12, and 13, while you do. You also get a 5% pack bonus for each pet of a given type you have, meaning that you will have a 65% bonus and your opponent only a 50% bonus. So your odds are pretty good.

Similarly, if you have a total of 380 and your opponent 320 but he has 12 pets and you only 11, then his top level pet is probably better than yours. He may have used a strategy like #2 or #3, below.

There are several different strategies for leveling pets.

#1 is to get your level 3 pet to 100, then start leveling the highest pet you have found, get that one to 100, and so on.

#2 is to to get your level 3 pet high enough to unlock the best pet that it can unlock--say to level 90, unlocking pet #11--and then jump to pet #11. By leaving your level 3 pet at 90 you will run the risk of losing battles to people who level all the way to 100, but you will gain an advantage by starting the leveling of your next pet 10 fruits earlier. People who use this strategy will collect fewer total fruits but have better top level pets--they will be stronger than their numbers.

#3 is to raise your level 3 pet to around level 45 or 50, then jump to the level 9 pet, then level 14, then level 18, then level 20. I did this with my earth pets, where I now have the level 20 pet up to 85, which is much better than my other pets (my 2 other level 20 pets are at 21 and 13). I don't think this works well if you try it on all your pets at once because you start out weak and will lose lots of battles to people who have less total fruits than you do.