Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Help & Questions > Character Advice

Notices

Character Advice Need help building your avatar? You've come to the right place.

View Poll Results: You should
Just get a lower powered, yet more consistent weapon 1 4.00%
Keep leveling, it will work out eventually 14 56.00%
Save up Luck and Int till the plateauing goes away. 1 4.00%
Quit complaining and just stop fighting Arena matches. 9 36.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2011, 11:46 AM
Mushroom Collector

Unhappy Feeling outclassed...

Level 17

STR: 146 DEF: 73
DEX: 114 EVA: 57
INT: 225 DMG: 1105 - 3126
CON: 138 HP: 4968
LUK: 170 CRIT: 25%

Wep Atk 47 - 133 (90) +52 str
Armor: 163

When I first got that weapon it was quite the leap up from my last weapon, but now that I've had it for a while, and been pouring in gold into Int and Luck, I haven't touched the other stats at all (STR and DEX were brought up to 100 each, any overage is weapons/gear)

I seem to be leveling faster then I can keep my Luck up which is messing with my damage. I was more consistent 2-3 levels ago then I am now (Only just got it back up to 25% luck today)

When I fight in the Arena, most of the people it offer are level 18-26, with the occasional level 17 and a rare 16. I cant beat any of them anymore, for all the int and luck I've been getting over the past 2 levels since gaining this weapon, my damage seems to be plateauing right around 1200-1300 doing consistently low damage.

The obvious thing would be replace my weapon with something else, which I am looking for, but all the weapons I find have 52-58 attack with 1 or 2 different stats around 20, normally dex, str, and sometimes luck. Its rare to see con and I haven't seen a weapon with int since early on when I started the game.

I am honestly thinking about stopping quests altogether and only doing guard duty, racking up a lot of gold, and increasing my luck till I nearly do a critical every turn, then go back to leveling. Leveling seems like it is hurting my damage rating, and despite what a lot of the members here say about preferring level over stats, which I can see how it would benefit them having the increased critical's over the smaller players, I am finding it increasingly hard to win fights.

Any quest that has a decent item that I'd replace an old one with, say a belt giving 20 int, the monster is only 1-2 levels above yet always tends to win. Thats sort of expected, if items you wanted were easy to get we would all be super powered.

I am stuck on dungeon 1, level 6. Again, expected, the banshee is level 22 and I am level 17. Still sucks that she can 2 shot kill me though.

Arena offering mostly people who's level is higher then mine, and the few I fight with similar level or lower, whom I'd be more a match for or have a slight advantage, still cant win against them.

Any tips you can think of would be greatly appreciated.

Updated
Level 18

STR: 100 DEF: 50
DEX: 131 EVA: 65
INT: 332 DMG: 2428 - 3454
CON: 148 HP: 5624
LUK: 160 CRIT: 22.22%

Wep Atk 71 - 101 (86) +26 Int +22 Luk
Armor Rating: 188

Last edited by Magester; 06-14-2011 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Gave armor rating
Old 06-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Weapons and gear are all randomly generated, so it can be a while between weapons sometimes. If you read the thread about leveling that Charista wrote, there is a lot about how you may not be able to beat folks at times, but gain more levels and you will.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Mushroom Collector

You could try looking for opponants in the Hall of Fame instead of the Arena. Not only can you pick your battles there but you can see their stats and equipment beforehand too.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Adventurer

You don't mention your Armor? Having low armor can get you killed really fast. You also need to look at the class of the person you are fighting, your Int. plus your weapon is your Dam. and if you are fighting another Mage then your Int. plus Armor is defend, but if you're fighting a Scout you use Dex. plus Armor to defend, then against a Warrior you use Str. plus Armor to defend. The common point here is that Armor helps keep you alive no matter who you're fighting. I was losing a lot until I started getting my Armor raised up.

Finding a weapon that adds Int. instead of Str. would help you a lot, too.

I always check the Arena for fights but if it seems to far off, I go see who is near me in the Hall of Fame and pick someone closer to my own level.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rizathivax For This Useful Post:
Magester (06-12-2011)
Old 06-12-2011, 04:48 AM
Mushroom Collector

It never actually crossed my mind to check the hall of fame for opponents. I also added in my armor rating, so hopefully that will be enough without having to write out all the stats for each piece of gear I am wearing.

As stated, I did want to raise my def for scouts and warriors so I brought each to 100 points, everything after that, the 14 dex and 46 str is from gear. I planned on leaving that alone and focusing on int con and luck to bolster my attack, hp, crit.

I look every day in the magic shop and weapon shop for new goodies, going to stock up on PoEL, and int pots. (Of which I found my first ever today =P) The weapon of today is a 47-79 +40 dex. Both my current weapon and that weapon have the same min damage, so I am not going to take it.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:05 PM
Adventurer

The total of your armor is fine. After a lot of teeth grinding & sweating in the shops I finally started using a simple method for deciding which item to buy or selll I add the armor + bonuses of the items and keep the one with the highest total points. For weapons it's max damage + bonuses = total points. Yes I can hear everyone crying that's stupid, etc. But all said & done the character with the highest total points has the advantage. Now you have a lot of wiggle room, like when comparing two items with the same totals for say which has the most int. or armor or damage & is it really worth twenty gold + 8 mushrooms for a total gain of 3 points? Again, I not saying this works for everyone but it can clear the doubt up & get you back to kicking backsides & taking names faster.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:57 AM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizathivax View Post
The total of your armor is fine. After a lot of teeth grinding & sweating in the shops I finally started using a simple method for deciding which item to buy or selll I add the armor + bonuses of the items and keep the one with the highest total points. For weapons it's max damage + bonuses = total points. Yes I can hear everyone crying that's stupid, etc. But all said & done the character with the highest total points has the advantage. Now you have a lot of wiggle room, like when comparing two items with the same totals for say which has the most int. or armor or damage & is it really worth twenty gold + 8 mushrooms for a total gain of 3 points? Again, I not saying this works for everyone but it can clear the doubt up & get you back to kicking backsides & taking names faster.
....Or you can just use the Shakes and Fidget weapon damage calculator

Also, finally found a better weapon. 71 - 101 +26 int +22 luck and upgraded my gear. Updated the top of the page to show the difference

Last edited by Magester; 06-14-2011 at 02:10 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:28 AM
Supreme Adventurer

Keep in mind the calculator is one player's view of what is best and is not an official calculator.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:41 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magester View Post
....Or you can just use the Shakes and Fidget weapon damage calculator
Tis true, but I agree with what Bullbound said. Also it only does weapons, there are magic items & armor to worry over, too.

I've started using my simple process for deciding which quests to choose & so far it's working pretty good for me. Add gold + the experience as hundreds (exam. 1235 would be 12 points) = total quest points. But I always take an item quest, regardless of the total points because they don't tell you what the item is worth.

Next I'm going to see if it works for picking opponents in the Hall of Fame.

"Beware the power of the lowly abacus!"
The Following User Says Thank You to Rizathivax For This Useful Post:
DominicS (10-21-2011)