Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Help & Questions > Character Advice

Notices

Character Advice Need help building your avatar? You've come to the right place.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:55 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizoid View Post
I was looking at the top ranked people in both servers and noticed some interesting trends. I tried to focus on people who were high for their level.

They all seemed to keep their Resistance stats pretty close to their Attack Stat and Constitution. Some ignored luck, but most kept it right below Attack/Con and just slightly above the Res stats. I think there's a big psychological effect in those for attacking people... and... it really does help them survive attack.
Are you talking about overall stats, Quizoid, or base stats? Also, how are you defining "close" and "right below"? I'm curious. I'm only on S1, but I don't think I'm seeing the trend you're seeing.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:06 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaidah View Post
. . . Raising your primary stat and con should always be your first choices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gragon View Post
. . . raising your main stat by 10 will increase your damage multiplier by 1 raising your int 20 will lower Sophia's multiplier by 1. So raising Int would only be as good if it was less than 1/2 the cost of raising your main stat, and even then only against wizards.
Thank you, folks, very helpful.

So I was going to conclude that since wizards (for example) are only one third of the enemies, and resistance to them is only worth half the cost of primary stats, that I should put one sixth the lvl-up into resistance stats.

But this does not address the issue of cost.
If my primary stats are 6 times the level of resistance stats, but for me to raise resistance stats only costs 10-12% of what it takes to raise primary stats, then it seems like a better idea to toss money at the cheap trick

And perhaps to let cost drive the balance rather than stat lvl - so on secondary stats, buy when they cost one sixth as much.

Does this seem sensible? and thanks!