Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 06-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Stable Boy

Default repeat attacks

ok i see now reason to allow whats become basicly griefing by letting people both individuals and guilds repeatedly attack the same person or guild over and over and over bakc to back to back . I feel there should be some kind of buffer period in which you cant attack the same target again

like say 1 week for individuals and 2 days for guilds

or something to that effect
Old 06-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Supreme Adventurer

1 week is a really long time. Also, you put this in bugs and complaints, not suggestions.

Even a 10 minute delay would help with a lot of the problems, and for the guilds it is a bit harder. There is the 90 minute delay during which time another guild could attack, and some guilds have asked another to attack them to interrupt the cycle.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Voluntary Forum Moderator

This suggestion would put players and guilds at the top of the HoF at a severe disadvantage. For example on S7 I have only 2 players in my honour range, 1 of whom is in my guild. For my guild we have only 1 guild within our honor range to attack. Implementation of your suggestion would reduce my guild battle XP by 75%, and reduce by arena battles for honour to a maximum 2 attacks per week.
I would find this situation very unpleasant. As for griefing my personal opinion is that more than 100 attacks within a few hours causes me the minor grief of a full mail box. Out of curiosity what is YOUR definition of "griefing" for individual and guild attacks.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:38 PM
Stable Boy

well notice the end of my statement "or something to that effect" allows for playin with the numbers

however the 1 week was for individuals because there are many individuals so theres no reason with hundreds and hundreds of individuals to be attacking the same person back to back to back to back
as for the guild thing i put 2 days which is a fair amount given the time it takes for an attack to go through you could still attack someon then attack 2 other guilds and then go back tot he first one again if youw ere doing non stop attacks

that said for those at the tippy top with limited targets YOUR AT THE TOP things shouldnt be balanced around your specific needs your less than 1% of the game population they should be made idea for the majority of players not the minority
Old 06-07-2012, 02:01 PM

They have made the game to be for balanced all. Yes guild wars for the lower levels guilds it is easier to attack different guilds. But what is the difference if it is a different guild 2 times a day or the same one either way you will be attacked. In some ways I like being attacked by the same guild I lose to as it gives me a measure on how my guilds are doing against a better opponent. I know everyone is different but that is my opinion.

As for arena attacks yes it can be annoying but it also gives me a goal to get better and turn the tables on them.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz

Last edited by bobo baggins; 06-07-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:01 PM
Crusader

I'd rather attack different people in the arena and fill my scrapbook. so If I attack you, don't take it personally. If I attack you repeatedly, it means we are around the the same level and the computer keeps matching you with me.

Last edited by spiny norman; 06-07-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post
I'd rather attack different people in the arena and fill my scrapbook. so If I attack you, don't take it personally. If I attack you repeatedly, it means we are around the the same level and the computer keeps matching you with me.
This is the reason behind most attacks. The data shows that the majority of players use the Arena function to find a target.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Stable Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTZKooPA View Post
This is the reason behind most attacks. The data shows that the majority of players use the Arena function to find a target.
yeah that does happen however when a person intentionaly targets the same person over and over and over thats a completely differnt thing
Old 06-13-2012, 04:46 AM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by lspiderl View Post
yeah that does happen however when a person intentionaly targets the same person over and over and over thats a completely differnt thing
if that happens my guild and i will all attack said person sending them a message to stop or you could send them an actual message asking them to stop. the former has worked every time while the latter not so much. i guess a mailbox completely full of red does kind of wake people up.
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.