Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 09-02-2014, 10:07 AM
Adventurer

Default The Rise and Fall of S3's Army of Darkness

Hello to all of the great players on Shakes and Fidget!

Some of you know me, some once did, and likely most of you do not anymore. I have many friends and a few enemies...ahem...but hopefully those enemies simply stem from me being the leader of the #1 guild on s3, from our guild having the most honour of all US-based servers (or at least we used to!), and the first to beat dungeon 46. We have been #1 since Sept of 2011, which may possibly be the longest of any US server. We have never been challenged and haven’t lost a fully-readied battle since then either. However, as with every guild who has tasted the top, we find more and more of our players retiring, and most everyone not caring at all. All guilds eventually crumble and it is time to let ours fall as well.

I have several people to thank.

First and foremost is Jabroni. While I may have been the heart of the Army of Darkness, and the vocal leader, he was the brains (go figure! )…helping track our players, our competition and targeting people we wanted to recruit as well. We would never have been number one with him and I am proud to call him a friend off the game as well. Thanks again for EVERYTHING.

Mallen, also known as Ash, amongst several other names on many of the US servers was the original founder of Army of Darkness, though he was not leader for long. However, without his initial push and deft recruitment, we would not have challenged some of the better guilds on the server. I must thank him for his humour and dedication to the game and to me, otherwise we would not have been as formidable or had as much fun.

Grogon. We would certainly have fallen from the top rank a couple years ago if it wasn’t for you. I am happy to call you a friend and am headed your way first when the zombiepocalypse hits.

Thaenor, Wallabee Champ, Shadow are/were three of my closest companions and friends. I will always consider them to be forever loyal. Thanks for everything guys. You helped keep the conversation fun and made me want to log on each day. You know where to find me.

LexLuthor. If you had only had more patience, you would have taken the top spot from us. But I am glad you merged with us to keep unwanted multi-account playing children from thinking of challenging for the top spot.

Greenchild, Lucy MPM, Brodric, Valinor, Kiss, Quilp, Estella, KillaD, Darren00, PandoraX…with us nearly from the start and loyal to the end. Thank you for all that you guys did.

SaiTaan. My guild leader from Zombunny on s1. I learned from you and hopefully that helped make my guild just as much fun as Zombunny was in its heyday. I love ya. Talk to you on FB and hope to visit ya one day!

Orenthal. Yes Orenthal. We had differences. Things got heated. Names were called. You’ll never be my friend. But you know what? I would have quit this game in early 2012 most likely if it wasn’t for you. You kept me interested just enough to ensure you never got the top spot. The developers at SnF owe you a favour or two, as I spent some money to keep shrooming and help keep AoD in the top spot so you never would.

Valhalla. The first mountain we had to climb and the one we most respect. Thanks for the able leadership, keeping us motivated, and for merging with us when we finally beat you guys and you toppled. You had a good run and we tip our hats to you.

To all the players and guilds we attacked (mostly that’s been just one since Sept 2011), its just a game. Enjoy your ascent. Thanks for the honour, the gold and the barbs we traded on the ride. It has been fun!
To the admin of the forum and game, we have had some issues certainly, but you created a fun game and environment. Keep up the good work and enjoy the trips to the bank

To any of the last members of AoD. You can keep playing. You can keep the fight going and try to take down Dungeon 47. I will cheer you on. I believe many of you will either quit the guild and flock to Mithrall or Island, or perhaps this is the impetus to quit the server, or even resign from the game altogether. Its been a fun ride for sure. I hope you all have fun with whatever choice you make.

You have my email and facebook accounts, so you all know where to find me.
Take care!
xo
-Caena

PS – Bobo Baggins. Enjoy #1. Beat the living isht out of Island and Orenthal for me.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:38 AM
Sheep

Caena, thanks for being a great leader.

It was fun being your uber-geek, spreadsheet tracking, IOMT smack talking, fantasy football competing, facebook chatting, sports debating, movie reviewing, music critiquing, beer comparing, friend and guild mate.

Most of those we are still doing. The game was fun, but the friendship with you is what I take away from the last almost 4 yrs.

-Showing up in Scotland one day with a bottle of single malt in tow…

Rob/Jabroni
Old 09-02-2014, 11:14 AM

Hats off to you gynx your guild was the top guild when I started my s3 which is my first toon you and all that were top 15 players and guilds was my goal I have done both.

I don't think any of that would have been possible if you weren't playing. So thank you for being here and if you decide you still want to go on but not with AoD you have a home in mithral hall as does anyone in AoD.

For any of those who decide to retire you will be missed but have fun with what ever you do and always remember the fun times you had playing this great game.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz

Last edited by bobo baggins; 09-02-2014 at 12:22 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:52 PM
Stable Boy

Thanks Gynx. Thanks go to Mallen who recruited me from s1. So I guess this makes me a gun for hire on s3.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:57 PM
Blacksmith

thanks for the help when i asked gynx. best of luck to you. sadly iomt has taken #1. while trueschool floats back and fourth between 4 and 5 which is weird because we have beat iomt twice (defenses) but never beat mithral hall (and never will).
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:09 PM

It is close ralff just a matter of time of catching up some again from all the moving and shaking of the players who kept playing from AoD.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 10-09-2014, 12:17 AM
Mushroom Collector

Hi Gynx.
I never knew you or your guild,since i was too low level for that.But for many months and even years top guilds always on close watch from many players.Your progress would stimulate us to keep going and maybe one day reach same achievements which you have reached.
It was a sad moment for S3 when lost 80% of the top guild.
To blame the game itself since it didn't motivate players enough to keep them playing,lack of variety and new ideas.
I hope developers realize that and keep working harder.
As for the Gynx and the rest of your guild,maybe one day you will come back when game becomes more interesting and we can do some pvp.(c u in 5-10 years when reach your level)

All the best R L .