Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Guild Section > Server 1 > This is War!

Notices

This is War! Declarations of war, guild battles, guild war videos...

Old 05-15-2010, 09:04 AM
Dummy

Default Legacy vs (new) REAL - Who wins?

Can Legacy hold on to the #1 spot vs merged Libertines/REAL?

What do you think?
Old 05-15-2010, 09:55 AM
Dummy

There's only 1 way to find out... FIGHT!!!!
Old 05-15-2010, 10:39 AM
Supreme Adventurer

At this time, yes. And, it isn't just REAL and Libertines that merged. Didn't REAL merge with another guild shortly before Libertines joined them? Yup, they did. gensou gets really animated about it, so I'll let him/her (I never trust genders online, no offense) start with the rants, raves, and speeches on that one.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:07 AM
Blacksmith

I agree, a fight is the way to go. Let's look at some stats to get a better idea of who is on each team...

Level 100+
REAL- 3 Players (Lvl 108, 101, 101)
Legacy- 1 Player (Lvl 104)

Level 90-99
REAL- 3 Players
Legacy- 7 Players

Level 80-89
REAL- 6 Players
Legacy- 7 Players

Level 60-79
REAL-17 Players
Legacy-22 Players

Level 40-59
REAL - 19 Players
Legacy- 12 Players

Now that we know the stats, let's take a look how each round of players is going to end up. (Please be reminded that I'm a member of REAL. I'll try not to be biased, but I can't help it if I am ) Cheers.

Round 1 - Levels 40-59
According to the number of players, REAL will outlast Legacy in this round. However, we must account for the fact that 14 of REAL's players are between the levels of 40-49 and only 4 of REAL's are in the 50s. This means that Legacy has 8 players that are in the 50s which will counter the high number of level 40s that REAL has. So after this round, my prediction is that REAL's 40s will take out at least 2 or 3 of Legacy's level 50s. This will leave 4 REAL vs 5 Legacy. This is a toss up, so my guess is that they will cancel out.

Round 2- Levels 60-79
This round is similar to Round 1. I think the same result will occur. REAL has the advantage with 13 players between 70-79, while Legacy only has 10. Both sides will cancel each other out, leaving a even battle field for the higher levels to compete.

Round 3- Levels 80-89
Here we are, this is where the cookies are made. Now we have less than 10 people on each side fighting in this round. This means we will need to take an even closer look at levels. REAL's two level 80s will take out Legacy's 81 and half of the health of one of Legacy's 82s. Then REAL's 84 will kill the 82 and the 83. Legacy's 85 will come in, take out the 84, but then get killed by REAL's 85. Both teams now have a 88 and a 87 left. So, you guessed it, this round ends in a tie.

Round 4- Levels 90-99
Legacy will most likely take the cake in this round. They have more level 90s and one that is even 99 (will probably be 100 before the battle). Let's take a closer look. REAL's lowest level 90 is 94. Legacy's is 90, 91, 91. The 94 will most likely take out both the 90 and 91. I will go ahead and predict that the 94 will die while taking out half of the second 91's health. Next up is REAL's level 95 who is currently ranked above Legacy's 97. Therefore, the 95 takes out the second 91, the 93, the second 93, and even the 94. REAL's 95 will most likely die after this the 94. So who is left? REAL still has a 97, while Legacy still has a 97, 98, and 99. My guess is that Legacy's 97 takes out REAL's 97. So, now Legacy is up by two players (Lvls 98 and 99) going into the last round.

Final Round- Levels 100+ and any remaining players
So here we are 3 vs 3. REAL's 101 takes out Legacy's 98, but not the 99. REAL's 101 takes out the 99 and only has half health left. Legacy's level 104 easily takes out REAL's 101 and only took minimal damage. So here it is.... Final battle.... REAL's top player versus Legacy's top player... Both are scouts so let's look at stats. REAL's top player has a higher Dexterity, while Legacy's has a higher constitution. In my experience as a scout, usually the higher Dex takes the prize. Legacy's scout has a higher luck, so a few crucial hits could win the game. So who wins?

Final Decision
I have come to decide that the match is a toss up. Both sides are evenly matched. Both sides have great players. Good luck to both teams and may the better team win. I hope there are many battles to come =)

*****Disclaimer*****
I realized I am biased towards REAL. Please feel free to make your own corrections/predictions. I won't mind one bit. Constructive criticism only please. Click the "Thanks" button if you read the entire thing, haha!

Have a nice day.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:11 AM
Wannabe Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbound View Post
At this time, yes. And, it isn't just REAL and Libertines that merged. Didn't REAL merge with another guild shortly before Libertines joined them? Yup, they did. gensou gets really animated about it, so I'll let him/her (I never trust genders online, no offense) start with the rants, raves, and speeches on that one.
not much to say, XD. Let's fight it out!

on a sidenote, I'm male.

Last edited by gensou; 05-15-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:15 AM
Supreme Adventurer

Solid Tech, the problem with going by levels alone is that there are a number of members in Legacy that have focused solely on gold and stats, with minimal exp gain. I'm sure there are members of REAL that are like that too. However, their placement and dedication to such is what makes a big difference. Also, there is the matter of how the stats are spread out and the classes that fight each other. If a mage (pure stats) fights first against 8 scounts (pure exp), then there is a pretty good chance that the mage is going to do quite a number on that group of 8 before being defeated.

As for the top players vs top players, in the Lib/Leg fights of before, it was not unusual to see the last few fights be interesting, even though there may be 3-10 levels difference (I think 10 levels was the biggest difference). The first fight, which Libs recorded and posted on the forums, will show how there is some luck, but also a lot of chipping away by lower level members to defeat the big guns until the last maybe fifth of the fight. The winner did so not because of the upper levels, but because so many low levels were able to get a few hits in on the enemy.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:24 AM
Blacksmith

@ Bullbound

I completely agree with you. It is tough to analyze battles between players in this game. Most of us realize that levels mean nothing (Except for constitution, I guess). It would take hours to calculate and predict who would win each individual battle. Personally, I don't think I will make it far against Legacy's lowest level in a battle right now. I'm level 40, he is level 41. Lately, all of my quests have been geared towards experience. I think the best prediction would be to ask each individual player how he/she would do. That's how I predicted Round 4 (Level 90s). I looked at the high score tables and I asked members from REAL how they think they would do against Legacy. (Again, I realize bias is present)

Like you said, a perfect prediction is impossible, but it is always fun to guess =D

Solid