Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 06-29-2010, 10:43 AM
Dummy

Lightbulb Add higher thirst quests

Flow time (time you wait) for quests once you get past the earlier levels can be 20, 10, or 5 minutes. If a person gets a Griffin Mount it cuts the time for these to 10, 7.5, 5, 2.5 minutes. After playing for awhile I can see this being tedious as a casual game. I would like to offer the suggestion to add 50 thirst quests at the tavern for the later levels. The treasure might be a little better but not epic as not to seem too similar to the dungeons.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:39 AM
Adventurer

I would be annoyed if I got an unlucky roll and all three of my quests were 50s and all low relative experience.

Currently, the worst that can happen is I lose 10-20% of my free thirst to a bad quest roll and get stuck with more gold instead of delicious exp. If they started issuing 50s, I'm sure the gold would be nice, and so would exp occasionally, but opportunity for a mushroom drop just got murdered and so did my casual arena fights.

I think that a better idea would be to allow certain players to "turn off" mounts if they REALLY want an even more tedious 20 minute wait time instead of a 10. Personally, however, I enjoy being able to do a quest, spend some gold, catch an arena, attempt a dungeon, and then start another quest. If I just did 1 or 2 quests a day... I would have to multi-abuse just to keep my 2 hour playtime interesting.
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueDude2 For This Useful Post:
moreum (06-29-2010)
Old 06-30-2010, 04:56 PM
Dummy

What do you mean by multi-abuse?

To address the issue of getting a low experience 50 thirst quest, maybe those quests need to have a bonus of say 10-20 percent added to them because you wouldn't be able to do the in-between activities of spending gold, catching an arena, and attempting a dungeon. This would insure that these long quests are most of the time worth doing.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:23 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth View Post
What do you mean by multi-abuse?
I mean, if I had 50 minute wait times, what is really the point of the game? If I'm waiting for 50 minutes at a time and watching TV, the game becomes a little more casual than can really be counted as a game. I'd have to start either multiple characters on the same server, or play multiple servers just to keep myself busy. As it is, 20 minutes is a good window to write a short anecdote or make a sandwich or call a friend. 50 minutes is enough time TO GO TO THE STORE. If you have a game where YOU GO TO THE STORE during the compulsory break period, how can that really be considered a game?

Quote:
To address the issue of getting a low experience 50 thirst quest, maybe those quests need to have a bonus of say 10-20 percent added to them because you wouldn't be able to do the in-between activities of spending gold, catching an arena, and attempting a dungeon. This would insure that these long quests are most of the time worth doing.
Some of us consider the wait times to be considered the COST of not doing arenas and dungeons. It makes the game strategy revolve around planning the time appropriately. Rewarding players for NOT utilizing certain portions of the game (arena and dungeons) seems to be counter to the fact that its a game and ought to encourage the use of all features.

Long quests should NOT be worth doing most of the time. In fact, in-game, most of us try to opt for shorter quests to increase mushroom procs, quest counters, arena opps, and so we won't have to spend so much time on the message boards that we can't spend our gold in-game.

We already have a long wait option, it's called City Guard. Tavern quests and City Guard should be mutually exclusive of each other as much as possible and not have the line blurred between them.