Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 04-06-2010, 09:35 AM
Mushroom Collector

Default Bigger & better weapon shop/ magic shop

Can we get more items then just 6 in the weapon and magic shop? Like say about 20? Just attach a scroll down bar. Furthermore, I would like to see items that actually relate to your class. Warriors don't want to see intelligence and dexterity items in the shop.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:46 AM
Supreme Adventurer

Zeth...you do realize that intelligence helps to defend against a mage and dexterity helps to defend against a scout, right? The items, I suspect, are meant to help offset the lower categories. From what I have read in game, on the FAQ, and on the forums, your defense against a class seems to be about half of the stat that they use as their attack stat. Yes, it would be nice to log on and see at least one or two items that relate to your class's primary stat, but the others do help too.

I definitely agree with the better part of the suggestion though, as I have repeatedly found only one or two items that I felt were as good or better than what I already had from the day before. If this means expanding the inventory to accomplish this, then go for it. If this is just a bad database function, then fix the database and keep the six items. With a fair selection of goods, the shop size should be fine.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Mushroom Collector

Yes I know intelligence and dexterity help defend you and having a few of those items is ok I suppose. But when all 6 slots are filled with Intelligence/dexerity items, well it sucks pretty bad.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Adventurer

I suppose it's not really a reason not to do it... but having your equipment availability partially based on chance seems to me to be one of the things that sets this game apart from all those other browser-based RPGs. Good or bad, at least it's unique.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:08 AM
Mushroom Collector

I don't really buy a lot of items outside of spending money on my stats to really care but I will say this, I had cycled through the weapons menu 6 times before I realized I was spending a mushroom with every push of the button
Old 04-07-2010, 05:24 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteRpg View Post
I don't really buy a lot of items outside of spending money on my stats to really care but I will say this, I had cycled through the weapons menu 6 times before I realized I was spending a mushroom with every push of the button
Even though it says "New Goods 1 <mushroom symbol>" on the button?
Old 04-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Mushroom Collector

lol
Old 04-12-2010, 02:11 PM
Dummy

Actually, I haven't played a game like this and I thought the "new goods 1 (mushroom symbol)" meant that was the price of the item if you wanted to purchase. I spent all my mushrooms switching through the store items in both the magic and weapon shops before it dawned on me what was going on. (totally blonde moment, I know) none the less...I'm not complaining...It's all part of learning the ropes. Would have been nice to rent that Griffen though
Old 04-13-2010, 01:01 PM
Stable Boy

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteRpg View Post
I did the same thing! Just one of those "If all else fails read the instructions." moments!!

I do wish there was more "weapons" there. They have been several times I have nothing but armor to choose from.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:29 PM
Dummy

I agree. This 6 item offering is sparse & sometimes doesn't offer
anything worth even looking at, much less thinking about. Even
after refreshing the stock multiple times - more often than not,
players won't find anything suitable, unless they're changing
the stat bonus focus. It'd be nice to have a 15+ item selection.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]