Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

View Poll Results: Will the dungeons make the September date?
Yes 19 27.14%
No 15 21.43%
Thermal-nuclear war is more likely. 15 21.43%
A solar flare will burn out all computer equipment. Rendering the date moot. 21 30.00%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2010, 10:37 AM
Adventurer

Except Itzkoopa made the thread and the announcement, so he was the one doing the colouring in this case Charista.

But on to other things, do you think it will use the guild war format? or be one on one with monsters and after you finish off your monster the fight moves on to the next guild member and their fight?
Old 09-10-2010, 11:08 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairie View Post
Except Itzkoopa made the thread and the announcement, so he was the one doing the colouring in this case Charista.
Fairie, Koopa wasn't the one that ignored the third option and tried to pretend the fourth was a vote in favour, instead of abstainers as is the most likely case. Koopa created the original options, but it was Bullbound that interpreted them. The manipulation was in the analysis, not the options presented.

I have seen such things where the poller did inherently twist the options to make certain choices subtly impossible in order to draw a preconceived conclusion, but not in this case, since the "Yes" and "No" are clear and unsullied. If anything, by presenting an additional, colourful "No" option, Koopa may have skewed some "Yes" votes to "No", merely because the option was humorous.
Time of Death: 17:32 PDT November 14, 2011
It has passed into Myth and Legend.

http://zombunny.guildlaunch.com/index.php?gid=236408
Old 09-10-2010, 11:38 AM
Sheep

In the interest of keeping positive, what kind of format can we expect?

>> Much the same as a guild war, just with progressively more difficult monsters to defeat?

>> Will there be a finite number of dungeons?

>> How will rewards be given? Gear, xp, gold, acheivements?

More details should be forthcoming, Itzakoopa. Can you give us something to tell our guilds?
Old 09-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Adventurer

If I recall correctly from previous posts, the guild goes up against a single, very powerful monster, in much the same manner as your side of a guild war. There are also only 100 such monsters.

I'm hoping that second point changes, or that they're planning on adding more at some point. It seems a bit off that they'd add in something so desired by the community, then turn it into "here, here's something to entertain you for a couple of months before it runs out!"
Old 09-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Sheep

Hmmm ... so it's a boss mob?

>> How many people will be needed to defeat it?
>> Will you need a group containing mages, warriors and scouts, or will, say the guild Sherwood Outlaws (fictitious) be able to bring down the boss with only their archers?
Old 09-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Supreme Adventurer

What I meant about the ties, was that the counts for all the options were about the same. I added no color or interpretation. I meant exactly what I said. At the time of the post, they all had 8 votes, with the "No" option having 6. To me, that is all of them are tied, except for the "No" which had less than the others. 6 is less than 8 and 8 = 8 = 8. I mean exactly what I stated. Charista, I used no marketing speech with you and the antagonism, I feel, is misplaced. All my posts in support of the Guild Dungeons and waiting for them, were genuine. For information on formating and such, do a search for "Guild Dungeons" and "Guild Raids" but without the quotation marks. You will find some info on here, and even more information on the German servers.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:16 PM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweomer View Post
If I recall correctly from previous posts, the guild goes up against a single, very powerful monster, in much the same manner as your side of a guild war. There are also only 100 such monsters.
You are correct, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweomer View Post
I'm hoping that second point changes, or that they're planning on adding more at some point. It seems a bit off that they'd add in something so desired by the community, then turn it into "here, here's something to entertain you for a couple of months before it runs out!"
Playa Games would not just let S+F run out of content. It's not so much as giving some content for a few months and wiping your hands, as it is getting the development cycle under control. This content, no matter how simple it may seem, takes awhile to produce and (generally) even longer to test.

We wouldn't want to steam roll these bosses, or get steam rolled by them, right?
The Following User Says Thank You to iTZKooPA For This Useful Post:
Vyllyn (09-12-2010)
Old 09-10-2010, 05:38 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbound View Post
At the time of the post, they all had 8 votes, with the "No" option having 6. To me, that is all of them are tied, except for the "No" which had less than the others.
Please, then, explain to me how "Thermal nuclear war is more likely" does not mean "No."
Time of Death: 17:32 PDT November 14, 2011
It has passed into Myth and Legend.

http://zombunny.guildlaunch.com/index.php?gid=236408

Last edited by Charista; 09-10-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Blacksmith

You need to drop it Charista.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:13 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charista View Post
Please, then, explain to me how "Thermal nuclear war is more likely" does not mean "No."
Charista, I never stated that and neither did iTZKooPA. You should read the post I made which is number 26 in this thread.