Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 06-19-2010, 10:35 AM
Truffle Shuffler

It still doesn't eliminate all the challenge, just some of it. If you are looking for 1 stat specifically (Strength for example), it just makes it to where there's a 33% chance to get that stat vs. a 20% chance (assuming you are omitting 2 stats).......not much difference at all in the big picture.

Last edited by Ichigo30; 06-19-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:48 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo30 View Post
It still doesn't eliminate all the challenge, just some of it. If you are looking for 1 stat specifically (Strength for example), it just makes it to where there's a 33% chance to get that stat vs. a 20% chance (assuming you are omitting 2 stats).......not much difference at all in the big picture.
That's not how the shop works. Variability across 6 items, not to mention mushroom costs, multiple stat items, armor level, etc.

A 0% chance to get garbage does eliminate ALL of one aspect of the game, dealing with bad luck. If I am totally undiscerning between STR, CON, and LUK as a warrior, this would be a literal breaking of the game in my favor.

Now, to handle your fascination with some compromise, let's concede that if you pay mushrooms, you can get a way to get the items you want with slightly less challenge. That's what the shop skip mushroom is for. You can flip through pages looking for the gear you want all the live long day, at the cost of one mush per flip. OR you can wait till midnight PST like the rest of the patient users and cross your fingers that you don't get 0 for 12 again tonight, with nothing but garbage secondary stat gear that doesn't cost 10 mushrooms.

My testimony, as a player reticent to spend more than couple mushrooms flipping shop pages, is that I would not spend ANY mushrooms on flipping shop pages if I knew I was only one more midnight away from primo gear. The developers that rely on mushrooms to continue providing the game would be dismayed to hear that players are suggesting they cut off a contributor to their continued happiness.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:06 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDude2 View Post

A 0% chance to get garbage does eliminate ALL of one aspect of the game, dealing with bad luck. If I am totally undiscerning between STR, CON, and LUK as a warrior, this would be a literal breaking of the game in my favor.

The developers that rely on mushrooms to continue providing the game would be dismayed to hear that players are suggesting they cut off a contributor to their continued happiness.
This is where you are wrong. STR, CON, LUCK are not equal in value...not even close. Do me a favor and look at the top 5 Scouts that play this game. In the slots the they aren't wearing epic gear, they are wearing nothing but DEXTERITY items. No con, no luck... all dexterity.

Now lets consider if you were omitting 2 stats (Int/Str)...what are all the possible combinations you can get? 1. All Dex 2. All Con 3. All Luck 4. Dex/Con 5. Dex/Luck 6. Con/Luck.

So if you are playing by the philosophy that Dexterity is the only useful stat, than you would only have a 16.7% chance that each item will be useful to you. So I say again...in no way does this remove the challenge.

Last edited by Ichigo30; 06-19-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:24 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
This is where you are wrong. STR, CON, LUCK are not equal in value...not even close. Do me a favor and look at the top 5 Scouts that play this game. In the slots the they aren't wearing epic gear, they are wearing nothing but DEXTERITY items. No con, no luck... all dexterity.

Now lets consider if you were omitting 2 stats (Int/Str)...what are all the possible combinations you can get? 1. All Dex 2. All Con 3. All Luck 4. Dex/Con 5. Dex/Luck 6. Con/Luck.

So if you are playing by the philosophy that Dexterity is the only useful stat, than you would only have a 16.7% chance that each item will be useful to you. So I say again...in no way does this remove the challenge.
All right. I'll concede that primary stat is far more important than Con/Luk in the grand scheme of things. That doesn't make Con/Luk gear garbage when browsing through the shop though.

Top tier players browsed for a LONG time to get the gear they are wearing. By eliminating the garbage, you are merely speeding up the pace at which these items are found, making the game essentially easier.

Easier = less challenge. The amount of challenge decreased is subjective but I will tender to you that the end result will be detrimental to the game itself (by depriving developers of mushrooms), and is therefore a counterproductive measure to implement.

I don't believe I need to address anything else regarding this suggestion until you ameliorate the basic fact that it won't be implemented until we find a way to make it work.

So, let's put a general question out to the community:

How do we make this suggestion work for the Timmy AND the developers?
Old 06-19-2010, 11:49 AM
Truffle Shuffler

People spend mushrooms on thirst, skipping quests, arena, guild upgrades, potion of eternal life, griffin mount, and buying gear. Plus if you consider how much mushrooms cost....Let's just say it's real easy to spend way more money on this game than you would on a AAA mmorpg in the same period of time. I believe they are already making a killer profit.

But don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on the game and I buy the mushrooms myself.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:55 AM
Adventurer

In any case, if we consider that the developers are a little like Wall Street, you can't force a billionaire to give up some of his salary that he is used to. Even if they are making a killer profit, they need to have a good reason (like going to prison) to divest any of it back into the system.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:04 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Quote:

I find it funny that you are targeting a single build when suggestions that are balanced must work for all arrangements. I am not high up, but I am a scout that loves me my dex/con/luk gear. If I knew that I could stop getting str or int items, I would be doing SO much better than holding on to gear that is 5 levels old, or more. However, because I am getting gear with str and/or int bonuses, I can take them and lower my other stats or I can leave them for something better. If all I got was dex, con, and/or luck items, then I would be set and sitting pretty.

One of the choices I must make is if I want to search for better gear with a mushroom per page or wait. This also drives up the value of the desired items as they are not as easy to find. Omit given stats, and those desired items just became really plentiful.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:15 AM
Truffle Shuffler

All I can say is the shops are useless to me 99% of the time so why even have them. Oh well, it's time to move on and find a better game.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:26 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
All I can say is the shops are useless to me 99% of the time so why even have them. Oh well, it's time to move on and find a better game.
Some folks like shopping? I would until recently flip through a few pages of stuff in each shop each day looking for any improvement in gear. The search for that next best thing was fun. I've learned a little more patience since burning through my s (in various ways), but I still check the shops each morning to see if there's something I want to save up for, or if there's a potion I should grab for my belt.

This morning there was a Potion of Eternal Life there, so I for one am very glad the shops still exist!!

BTW, if you are leaving - I'm sorry to see you go.