Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Help & Questions > Character Advice

Notices

Character Advice Need help building your avatar? You've come to the right place.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:48 PM
Mushroom Collector

Default How does the Mage compare to the others?

I've personally only played the game, and it doesn't seem like any one class is better then another, really just different stats being filled up, different pictures, same general effect.

So, this aside, I know that Mages are an even match for the others, and being "better" relies on skills level, equipment (Both damage, defense, and additional skill points). I get that... Just don't understand why that makes the Mage even with them.

A warrior has, from what I've seen, the highest HP, Def, and uses the shield to get 25% block (I've actually never seen, that I can remember, someone missing an attack, just doing small amounts of damage is all)

A scout has high def, which is also evasion, to avoid getting hit, (Again I havent seen someone dodging a blow, just getting low damage, so not sure if thats due to evasion or due to blocking). They also have decent armor def and higher hp.

There is a clear stat to aide the others in negating damage. I don't really see a clear one with the Mage. I do add onto str and dex every now and then to beat dungeon bosses, but never felt like I was super vulnerable without it. I always seemed to do either very well, or died. Not really much of a close fight.

So it made me wonder if maybe INT gave something like accuracy or something? I doubt it since accuracy would naturally affect the luck stat but all the same, a accuracy to negate evasion or blockage would make sense.

The only other thing I can think of is that when you play on a scout or a warrior the placement of what the 3 main stats (Str, Dex, and Int) do are changed. Str is next to...damn forgot the name... not defense or... bah, you know what it says. Dex is next to evasion and int is next to attack for a mage. I assume a warriors attack is next to his strength, so maybe his evasion is next to his int?

Not quite sure if I am making myself clear or not. If you dont understand I'll try to reword it better, but I am curious what stat makes the mage equal. They clearly are equal, just wondering how.

"I want a word with your boss..."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-07-2011, 10:55 PM
Blacksmith

Well warriors do block and scouts do evade attacks, but not against mages.. which is why you haven't seen it happen. The defense and evasion "numbers" are a bit misleading. Your damage from a warrior is reduced somewhat based on your strength, and your damage from a scouts attack is reduced based on your dexterity, but these numbers are generally not enough to win you a battle if your own damage stat (which is int for mages) is too low. Mages have the lowest constitution because their attacks cannot be blocked or evaded, and their weapons tend to do more damage, so it's balanced by the fact that their hp is significantly lower.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:05 PM
Mushroom Collector

Ah that makes sense. Unblocked damage vs high hp

"I want a word with your boss..."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]