Great don't change a thing 1 4.55%
Good needs some tweeking 19 86.36%
Meh it is ok will help with dungeon 5 22.73%
Blah a waste of time have better things to do with my gaming time 2 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2016, 02:57 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Wow,,
talk only about 1 comment, when there are a few more..
Old 04-26-2016, 02:23 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGuinness View Post
not offended, just trying to say that, compared to other updates (like the fortress), the pet update is much more fair.

If the Fortress Update was more fair, I wouldn't be Fortress Level 20 for the last month already.
The fortress is like a strategic game,you either have someone to steal resourses from,either you have better chance of seeing you kids getting married before you reach lvl 20 at all buildings

And with pets ,it's fair and it's not at the same time (it's not showing me the stats from the new pets i get) ,but that's a bug that will be fixed sooner or later. And now imagine a new player,getting into the game a little too late after this patch, and this new player would want to have his "spring" pets or don't know maybe he'll join a day after the halloween and so on (so they'll have to wait one year to get 1% bonus) . From my point of view and my point of view only ,this is bad ^_^
Old 04-26-2016, 06:35 AM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullion View Post
The fortress is like a strategic game,you either have someone to steal resourses from,either you have better chance of seeing you kids getting married before you reach lvl 20 at all buildings

And with pets ,it's fair and it's not at the same time (it's not showing me the stats from the new pets i get) ,but that's a bug that will be fixed sooner or later. And now imagine a new player,getting into the game a little too late after this patch, and this new player would want to have his "spring" pets or don't know maybe he'll join a day after the halloween and so on (so they'll have to wait one year to get 1% bonus) . From my point of view and my point of view only ,this is bad ^_^
International Servers are popping up so frequently that newer players will migrate over there and leave the US Server barren except for a few.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:02 AM
Mushroom Collector

if the US servers become so barren as to the fact that everyone has migrated, most non die hard players will just quit. I for one will not bother trying to level up on another server. It have played for about 5 years to get where I am at, I will not be repeating that on a new server.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:29 AM
Community Manager

I don't think servers will become extinct. New players (Steam etc.) will start on one of the freshest servers (international worlds) and old players might create additional accounts there as well but the veteran players will always be around on old servers. Even if there are only 300 active accounts left...if you have a level 300 account, quitting and starting a new level 1 account elsewhere does not make much sense in my opinion. You would just spend so much time and maybe money to reach a level and achievements you already have with your old account anyway.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 04-26-2016, 02:48 PM
Wannabe Griffin

reallly?

Then the Vets, inviting NEW players to join is Obsolete??
I can see trying to get a NEW person, that finds he is BEHIND in development, getting upset and just quiting..
Old 04-26-2016, 06:33 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Too much investment to quit, which is my I chose 1 account to focus everything on
Old 04-26-2016, 09:37 PM
Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
I don't think servers will become extinct. New players (Steam etc.) will start on one of the freshest servers (international worlds) and old players might create additional accounts there as well but the veteran players will always be around on old servers. Even if there are only 300 active accounts left...if you have a level 300 account, quitting and starting a new level 1 account elsewhere does not make much sense in my opinion. You would just spend so much time and maybe money to reach a level and achievements you already have with your old account anyway.
I disagree. When they opened international server 1 I started a new account, and I am now over level 300. I've got a guild with 50 active mates, active chat, and active competition: we're around level 12 in the HOF, and have beaten 44 dungeons. The server is competitive: we are close enough to several other guilds that we win or lose more than the base 20 honor in most of our guild battles.

Compare that to US server 1. Our guild is ranked #3, but we've beaten all the dungeons and have been climbing more on the basis of the attrition of those above us than anything we've done. As evidence of this, we're on level 8 of act 3 of the demon portal, as we have been for months. At one point we were down to about 85%, but now we can't even reach 90%. Part of the reason is that I (who am ranked #2 in the guild) stopped buying mushrooms about 6 months ago and now train only 120 min/day. My potions are starting to run out, and when I finish burning through the remaining mushrooms I'll probably quit on server 1. At this point I'm just going through the motions. You can't compete with pets without training 320/day. On the international server my pets are #3. That's where I plan to spend my future money and effort. It's a lot more fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGuinness View Post
Too much investment to quit, which is my I chose 1 account to focus everything on
You may wish to read up on the sunk cost fallacy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunk_costs

Last edited by spiny norman; 04-26-2016 at 09:39 PM.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:23 AM
Mushroom Collector

I understand what you are saying, as I am also on Server 1. My guild is #2 and I am 54th in the personal HOF. However I am not a shroomer. I have previously bought some but it was never to thirst 320 per day. I would maybe use 1-2 shrooms a day for extra thirst but not regularly. At this point what would be the incentive for me to join another server?

Without shrooming it will take me just as long as it has on this server to get anywhere close to where I was on the new server. I would still be lagging far behind anyone who does buy a lot of mushrooms, so why bother.

As for the pet situation you are right about not competing if you do not shroom. I have the 4th pet for each color but I have only won 1 fight in the last 2 days. I keep getting matched up with higher level pet owners who have gathered way more fruit than I have. At this point its almost useless for me to try to attack. my only hope is that the further I knock myself down the list the easier my opponents will be.
Old 04-27-2016, 02:57 PM

Well I can say yes shrooming help out but not as much as you may think on s3 I do 320 thirst and am ranked 12th on s10 where I don't I am ranked 28th. As with anything else it in game it is strategizing. Yes s3 my total pet lvls are higher then s10. but part is luck in getting fruit in quests but knowing where to use them and part is knowing when to use which pets in pvp. I have won some that I shouldn't because I picked the right ones at the right time.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz