Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 11-12-2014, 03:21 PM

Default State of the game dicussion thread

Please post all comment here about the state of the Game thread here

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 11-12-2014, 05:36 PM
Blacksmith

The new graphic looks pretty cool but I hope they won't make it too polished because it will be laggy. The one thing that this game is more friendly than other browser games is its loading speed and simplicity.
The Following User Says Thank You to godevil For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (11-13-2014)
Old 11-13-2014, 04:34 AM
Mushroom Collector

I'm definitely looking forward to the revamp.

Something I'd like to see too though is more "female-friendly" art. Right now, afaik, all of the "official" characters in the game are male except for the witch and occasional questgiver. And there are these small details like the armors displayed at the Weapon Shop being only male-fitting, toilet, male city guard; well, that make the game seems geared towards male players rather IMO. I'm not familiar with S&F comics but from what I understand, both the characters featured prominently in it are male. So, I guess that kind of explains it. But well, the game's playerbase does include female players as well. And while it's not that big of a deal either, still I think it would be nice to have female players acknowledged too

Also, I'm hoping that the update will include more customizations for our character's looks *cross fingers*
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sita For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (11-13-2014), Teenage Ghoul Scout (11-14-2014)
Old 11-13-2014, 05:10 AM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sita View Post

Something I'd like to see too though is more "female-friendly" art. Right now, afaik, all of the "official" characters in the game are male except for the witch and occasional questgiver. And there are these small details like the armors displayed at the Weapon Shop being only male-fitting, toilet, male city guard; well, that make the game seems geared towards male players rather IMO. I'm not familiar with S&F comics but from what I understand, both the characters featured prominently in it are male. So, I guess that kind of explains it. But well, the game's playerbase does include female players as well. And while it's not that big of a deal either, still I think it would be nice to have female players acknowledged too

Also, I'm hoping that the update will include more customizations for our character's looks *cross fingers*
You have a point but looking back in the day, the time of S&F, feminism wasn't a solid concept. A heroine looks pretty much like a hero, she wears metal armor, drinks in the tavern, and rides dragon? However, I would really love to see more friendly-looking female characters (the female dark-elf and goblin look horrid); and maybe more female gears like you said that suit the type of character you choose.
The Following User Says Thank You to godevil For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (11-13-2014)
Old 11-13-2014, 08:18 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Old Graphics

I'm an old school guy. So i like the old graphics.

If you can make it happen I'd like to be able to attack higher level monsters during the quests. We could get more gold & more XP. If we lose we get NOTHING. It just seems like the monsters at my same level (227) are so easy to beat. Sometimes I kill them with one shot. I'd like a challenge.

Thanks, the game is fun and addictive . Keep it up
The Following User Says Thank You to On3 For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (11-13-2014)
Old 11-14-2014, 06:53 AM
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sita View Post
Something I'd like to see too though is more "female-friendly" art. (...) I think it would be nice to have female players acknowledged too
I don't mind seeing mostly male NPC characters in S&F, but I would very much love to see more aesthetically pleasing looks for the female player characters.
They're mostly pretty ugly

That said, I like both old and new graphic.
The old artwork is just plain cartoonish, which I like.
The new artwork seems to be polished, more artistic and generally making more "professional" impresion while still keeping its cartoonish appeal, which I like as well!

Last edited by Teenage Ghoul Scout; 11-14-2014 at 06:54 AM.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:58 AM

I like both as well would be nice to have some completely new backgrounds either in the old way or new. Even though I do like what we have it is good to change things up once in awhile as well so ppl can hey look they added a new background check it out will get ppl talking and maybe keep them interested longer.

Either way is fine by me but might also want to add some more to it once in awhile just to keep things from getting stale ( examples holiday seasons r coming up some holiday themed brackgrounds would be nice.)

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 11-15-2014, 06:56 AM
Crusader

I see updating graphics as a high effort/low yield activity. Let's face it: I've done 40,000 quests. There are maybe 200 different quests: probably more like 1000. That means I've done, on average, each quest and seen each graphic at least 200 times. So yeah, maybe the graphics look stale, but after 5 or so repeats the new graphics will be just the same. It's not like I stare at the screen for 10 minutes while a quest is running. I run them in the background while surfing the web or reading my email in another browser window.

I'd like to see more activity that actually makes you think during the game. There really isn't a whole lot of strategy above selecting the best quest. I haven't lost a battle against a quest monster since the first month that I played, so it's not like I have to think, "oh, I should use a helmet with extra dexterity if I'm going to chose that quest".
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spiny norman For This Useful Post:
godevil (11-15-2014), MedusasSnakes (11-15-2014), Zaj (11-26-2014)
Old 11-15-2014, 07:37 AM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post

I'd like to see more activity that actually makes you think during the game. There really isn't a whole lot of strategy above selecting the best quest. I haven't lost a battle against a quest monster since the first month that I played, so it's not like I have to think, "oh, I should use a helmet with extra dexterity if I'm going to chose that quest".
Maybe an increase in in-game activities will attract players more. Something like a guild fortress where members of the guild can donate money to upgrade it, and I'm not talking about the fortress icon that increases the member limit, instead it's a separate fortress tab where you can upgrade the look (the tables, materials, decorations) of the fortress. Each level upgraded gives % bonus to member's armor.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to godevil For This Useful Post:
Sita (12-01-2014), Zaj (11-26-2014)
Old 11-15-2014, 10:30 AM
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by godevil View Post
Maybe an increase in in-game activities will attract players more. Something like a guild fortress where members of the guild can donate money to upgrade it, and I'm not talking about the fortress icon that increases the member limit, instead it's a separate fortress tab where you can upgrade the look (the tables, materials, decorations) of the fortress. Each level upgraded gives % bonus to member's armor.
I like this idea