Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 12-20-2011, 08:52 PM
Voluntary Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTZKooPA View Post
Don't let everyone that posted dissuade you from your worry. Many of the people posting here are more of the hardcore types, thus have accepted PvP for what it is, a core part of the game that has to be dealt with like any other feature. But this is only anecdotal. There's is a devil's advocate play here that I will speak on. There is an opposing group of players that dislike the ability to attack every ten minutes without cost.
Ok.. consider me undissuaded
Old 12-21-2011, 04:46 AM
Truffle Shuffler

I usually avoid attacking the same person more than twice in a day when I'm picking targets for honor.

I used to spam attack every 10 minutes or so when picking targets for scrapbook. I even received a mail from one of the guys I attacked saying that repeated defeats against the same person exposes BOT usage. o.O

A second person sent me a mail complaining about my constant attacks, so now I increased the time between scrapbook attacks to one hour or so while I'm at work. (dungeon -> scrapbook attack -> city guard)

Personally I don't mind being attacked, but I understand people may get annoyed when they are spammed.

Last edited by Fabao; 12-21-2011 at 04:51 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fabao For This Useful Post:
DominicS (12-21-2011)
Old 12-21-2011, 07:02 AM
Blacksmith

Send a message via ICQ to polopoloyuuu

Bobo, it's good that they attack you and lose though, as it increases your win count..
Old 12-21-2011, 09:15 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabao View Post
I usually avoid attacking the same person more than twice in a day when I'm picking targets for honor.

I used to spam attack every 10 minutes or so when picking targets for scrapbook. I even received a mail from one of the guys I attacked saying that repeated defeats against the same person exposes BOT usage. o.O

A second person sent me a mail complaining about my constant attacks, so now I increased the time between scrapbook attacks to one hour or so while I'm at work. (dungeon -> scrapbook attack -> city guard)

Personally I don't mind being attacked, but I understand people may get annoyed when they are spammed.

Personally I do up to 3 attacks a day on a single person. But considering I'm in the top 10, and the top 10 tends to be 1-2k honour apart between 1 and 10, I'd say that's fair. Usually I don't attack a person more than once per hour, though, but on occasion it happen.

And when someone is out of pots I'm likely to farm them for a bit.

When doing the scrapbook some epics were very rare, and the ones that had those were 30+ levels above me. Had to spam those for some time. (sent an apology letter along for the spamming), I only had one that went on to threaten me to stop.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:08 AM
Supreme Adventurer

Quote:

It can be a sign of bot usage, when you repeatedly attack the same person, lose, and there is no change in honor. A number of bot programs that are not allowed, have been exposed because they attack based on ranking and were extremely regular with their timing.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:32 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbound View Post
It can be a sign of bot usage, when you repeatedly attack the same person, lose, and there is no change in honor. A number of bot programs that are not allowed, have been exposed because they attack based on ranking and were extremely regular with their timing.
So, should I worry about that?
I mean, is the usage of bots detected regularity and timing only, so my behavior could really be interpreted as botting? o.O

In my case, after finishing the quests I do the same routine for about 3 or 4 hours, while I'm at work.
try a dungeon level, attack a specific player and work for another hour.
Since I'm attacking for scrapbook, it takes a while before I switch to another target, 99.999% of the time I lose.

I work listening to music, so when I hear that the city guard is done, I immediately tab to the browser to repeat the same routine.

Can this be interpreted as bot usage? x.x
Old 12-21-2011, 01:48 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
So, should I worry about that?
I mean, is the usage of bots detected regularity and timing only, so my behavior could really be interpreted as botting? o.O

In my case, after finishing the quests I do the same routine for about 3 or 4 hours, while I'm at work.
try a dungeon level, attack a specific player and work for another hour.
Since I'm attacking for scrapbook, it takes a while before I switch to another target, 99.999% of the time I lose.

I work listening to music, so when I hear that the city guard is done, I immediately tab to the browser to repeat the same routine.

Can this be interpreted as bot usage? x.x
If you manage to attack exactly every 10 minutes you might want to worry, otherwise, I doubt you have anything to worry about.

Also, make a small list of items you need and people that have them. Then don't attack someone constantly, but attack person a, then person b, then person c, etc. You're still working on your scrapbook just the same, only in a less spammy way. (that's how I did it, at least)
The Following User Says Thank You to Vizari For This Useful Post:
bobo baggins (12-21-2011)
Old 12-21-2011, 02:36 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizari View Post
If you manage to attack exactly every 10 minutes you might want to worry, otherwise, I doubt you have anything to worry about.

Also, make a small list of items you need and people that have them. Then don't attack someone constantly, but attack person a, then person b, then person c, etc. You're still working on your scrapbook just the same, only in a less spammy way. (that's how I did it, at least)
I already have all the items from my level range and below. Missing only the top epics. (3 valuables, 11 warrior, 13 mage and 11 scout)
What I do is attack the lowest player with an epic item I don't have, and keep trying if I feel there's a chance of winning.

I also check other players every couple of days to see if there's an easier target with the same epic, but that's unlikely.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:46 PM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

Also, if you are just farming for the scrapbook, saying so in your description is a good idea. Will cut back on potential retaliations and other misunderstandings.
The Following User Says Thank You to iTZKooPA For This Useful Post:
DeadMeat (12-21-2011)