Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 01-15-2012, 07:21 PM
Voluntary Forum Moderator

Question Weekend Event Suggestion

I would like to see a weekend Event featuring Dungeons.
Specifically I would like to see the removal of the 24 hour cool down for dungeons ONLY.
This would allow ultra-competitive players to use thirst at their normal level of bonuses then join other guild(s) to help them with dungeons that most likely the player has already completed, then bounce back to their own guild the next day.
High levels who missed out on a early dungeon (I missed out on the first dungeon) could pickup the xp they missed out on without 'abandoning' their guild for 48 hours. As far as i understand you only receive xp for a dungeon once so it would be more of a 'mechanical' benefit to the lower bonus guilds while the high levels would receive a 'social' benefit of making friends and influencing people.
With a bit of co-ordination in the forums it might be possible for me to visit 4, 5 even more guilds in a weekend. There would be a good chance that members of 'rival' guilds would meet and interact in 'neutral' territory.
I have yet to meet a high level that did not enjoy passing on their experience and knowledge to appreciative players.
The down side is that a guild could miss out on up to 6 battles and a meany-head Guild leader might 'forbid' members to leave so he can attack the 'weakened' higher ranked guild. I hope and believe that use of that tactics would be in a tiny minority.
Overall the 'balance' of the guild HoF would not change but the lower ranked guilds would level slightly faster and the community spirit of the server would be greatly increased.
If there are any exploitable loop-holes I have missed please let me know.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeadMeat For This Useful Post:
DominicS (01-16-2012), iTZKooPA (01-16-2012)
Old 01-15-2012, 08:02 PM
Supreme Adventurer

There is no 24 hour cool down. A guild dungeon may be attempted as quickly as you can declare a guild attack.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:09 PM
Adventurer

I think he means the 24 hour no participation from when you join a guild. And then to exclude the dungeons from that rule so players could hop from one to another guild to join their raid.
Timing it right could allow you to jump quite a few guilds to help out.

Personally, can't say I'm fond of this idea.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbound View Post
There is no 24 hour cool down. A guild dungeon may be attempted as quickly as you can declare a guild attack.
Sorry if i was unclear. I mean the 24 cool down that occurs when you join a different guild that bars you from participating in guild attacks AND dungeon raids. I want the 24 cool down to not be applied to guild dungeons but to still be applied to guild battles.

@Vizari I would be interested to hear why you are not 'fond' of the idea. Is there a downside I have not thought of, or is it a 'waste' of a weekend event that could be used for x5 gold or x2 xp?

Last edited by DeadMeat; 01-15-2012 at 08:18 PM. Reason: avoiding double post
Old 01-15-2012, 08:40 PM
Adventurer

Well, one, it is indeed a waste of a weekend event, but that's just a small point of it.

More importantly, I'm not fond of guild hopping, even if just to help others.
Besides that, this event will be good for only a very slect few. Only a few will help, and only a few guilds will enjoy the benefits. Let those guilds grow on their own, I'd say.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vizari For This Useful Post:
DominicS (01-16-2012)
Old 01-16-2012, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizari View Post
Besides that, this event will be good for only a very select few. Only a few will help, and only a few guilds will enjoy the benefits.
First thankyou for sharing your thoughts.

You have played this game much longer than I have and with the complete absence of any positive comments I fear you may be correct.
I am a high level player on my server and I would jump at the chance to help other guilds if it did not affect my competitiveness in the HoF. Every person I have been in contact with both guild mate and 'rival' guild member has been patient and helpful. I for one refuse to believe I am an exception or even in the minority so..
"I reject reality and insert my own"
Delusional but happy,
DeadMeat
Old 01-16-2012, 04:31 AM
Stable Boy

Send a message via Skype™ to Azkasha

I started a character on Dutch server 1.
I was lucky and got in a top 5 guild (with Dungeon 1-25 done) immediately.

I started with a griffin and 300 thirst a day, and by the time I got to level 50 or so, I posted on the Forum to get other guilds to invite me and help them out with dungeons, when they are ready to do them.

I even came up with a timeline to do 3 guild dungeons in 1 day, and doing all my thirst in my own guild. (skipping all thirst ofcourse :P)

What I found out was, that I gained the XP for those dungeons, but I lost the XP for at least 6 guildattacks.

On balance, the XP I would not get from guildattacks was far HIGHER than the XP I would get from those 3 dungeons.

I did it only once, and I haven't tried it since.

With the proposed dropping of the 24 hour rule, I could probably do all the 23 guilddungeons I still need, if I found enough guilds that are willing to do all those dungeons and invite me to help them.

That would raise the problem of who is going to pay for all those dungeons, and what I can offer in return to those guilds that invite me.

I like the idea, but I am not sure many people will benefit.

BTW, I am now lvl 181 on the dutch server...
Old 01-16-2012, 08:54 AM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

I like the idea of doing this to create new bonds and a stronger community overall. Yet the sticky widget remains, just how many people would take advantage of this? Something to ponder over.

Thanks for the suggestion.
The Following User Says Thank You to iTZKooPA For This Useful Post:
DeadMeat (01-16-2012)
Old 01-16-2012, 09:35 AM
Supreme Adventurer

Azkasha, if you don't fight in a guild dungeon but win one that is past it, then you get the missed dungeon(s) too. Yes, you don't get the xp for the fight but you do get the scrapbook. While it would allow folks to guild jump to help others, you still have the 10 hour wait which means 2 dungeons in the day, same as after the 24 hour wait.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:02 AM
Adventurer

Bullbound... think!

Who says the raids need to start when the new player joins?

Raid one begins at 10 pm
Raid two begins at 11 pm
Raid three begins at 12 pm

Player finishes raid one, joins guild two a minute later, finishes raid two, joins guild three a minute later, finishes raid three.