Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 11-19-2013, 10:33 PM
Crusader

so if I understand it correctly, everyone on the server is given the opportunity to donate items to a witch, and after the witch has received enough donations she will release a scroll. If an individual item is worth .002%, then 500 items equal 1% and 50,000 items will be required to reach 100%.

US server 1 would appear to have around 8,000 players above level 66. Assuming 5000 of them are active, they would have to donate an average of 10 items (and they must be specific) to reach 100%. But if I understand correctly, no one would have to donate, and once the scroll is active anyone can benefit from it regardless of whether they donated or not. Which would seem to lead to a major problem with freeloading: Selling an item in the store gives you an immediate gold bonus, while sacrificing it to the witch gives you (1) nothing immediately, (2) a trivial contribution to the long term goal and (3) a net loss to your competitors, since you have sacrificed something of personal worth for something that gives you no net edge. It also sounds like this is a one-shot deal, like completing the magic mirror, except rather than personal it is for the server. If that is the case, then anyone who joins a server after the witch has been paid off and the scroll feature activated may never even see the witch.

What does the scroll do? I guess it shows up in the shop periodically, and if purchased can be used to upgrade a piece of your equipment, presumably by bumping one or more of its stats.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:50 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Most points are correct spiny,

what the rolls do is more cryptic - stats have been ruled out, this leaves

a) Gold / Exp bonus types
b) Dungeon/Raids/arena "boosts"
c) increased finding chances in shops, reduced prices, (cheaper leasing of animals)
d) ? New added attributes for unknown usage ?
-------
bonus amount also unrevealed (EXP wise as set bonus for example:
10% are not much, not forcing to complete the sets and not motivating, instead 100% give shroomer the "need" to have it and the down votes from casual shroomer and non shroomer)

In total there are 9 bonus types (+ may be set bonus)
head, torso, hand, foot, Weapon, extra, ring, belt, chain

each slot has only 1 bonus type, that means you have head-roll for example and with bad luck, after all 9 are unlocked you need 1000 turning pages to find the weapon-roll because you only find the already purchased ones per random generation.

Some bonus types are fixed, others are said to scale with level - so if guessed types correct (type a/b level based, type c fixed, type d with no information no chance to make reliable guesses)

------------
Edit 1:
Update 522:
now donations to witch reward some gold if item was not from arcane toilet and therefore "smelling"

item value depends on "active" players on server - s1.de around 400k players get 0.002% = 50000 donations, 1/8 considered active - hopefully everywhere as it is realistic for players with dayly activity

Leaving based on activity decline

Officer in the Top 1 guild and sort of co-leader for > 1.5 years
> Lvl 300 10/30/12 as 17th player (stopping financing)
> 17/5xK is either a sign for a superior player or the warning sign for the deaths of many before

> 11/23/13 retiring as guild officer

Last edited by Ragorth the Vengeful; 11-20-2013 at 05:25 AM. Reason: version 522
The Following User Says Thank You to Ragorth the Vengeful For This Useful Post:
merton (11-20-2013)
Old 11-20-2013, 05:11 AM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
http://forum.sfgame.de/showpost.php?p=632893
http://forum.sfgame.de/showpost.php?p=71&postcount=8

Can someone please translate this into English, the Google Translator is an epic fail.
In case somebody is still interested, this is my take on translating the manual for the witch:

Quote:
As we can gather from today’s Build (← this is a pun on a German tabloid called “Bild”, who probably don’t fancy being called a tabloid at all), the witch has been sighted.
At first we will release the update on s1.sfgame.de and, as always, roll it out to the other servers later on.
Please keep an eye on the News.
Also, the apps will be updated, on iOS it will be v1.4, on Android v1.6. When these versions will be available in the respective stores depends on how fast the updates are being checked and approved of.
We recommend installing the updates as soon as they are available, because otherwise graphic errors can occur.

Hint: After the rollout of the PC version, you should conduct a complete refresh of the game site by clicking into the address bar of your browser and, depending on the browser, pressing [Ctrl] and [F5] or [Ctrl] and [R].

The changelog for version .520 in detail:

- Feature “The Witch” and “The (Spell? Enchanted?) Scrolls”
- The Cursed Tube (I suspected Telly. German version is a colloquial word for TV)
- fixed gambler bug (negative gold value)
- fixed epic item generation bug in the Magic Shop (no price tag)
- info message for friend invite now has a “Reply”-button.
- new start screen and graphic under “Options”

The (German) manual has already been updated with regard to the witch, but I’ll explain the first two items to you in short:

The Witch: Starting at level 66, you will be able to click an inconspicuous book in the Magic Shop to enter the witch’s hideout.
The witch manufactures enchanted scrolls, if you and all co-players on your server supply her with enough items.
You can see which items those are by pointing at the cauldron. You can also see how many have already been donated (other than in the toilet, donated items are gone and epic items don’t give a larger bonus than common items!).
The required kind of item (rings, armour, ...) switches at midnight, but the progress remains.
As soon as you have reached 100%, the witch begins to create one of the scrolls. This takes one day, at the end of which the scroll activates automatically. It can be bought in the Magic Shop when it appears in the shelves (just like other items).
With a scroll, you can enchant a respective item, which you have to equip to receive the bonus named in the scroll. For each item only one scroll is applicable, additional scrolls are deleted on activation!
The enchantments don’t come into effect on tower companions.

The Cursed Telly is a winged TV which appears in the Tavern or during an adventure from time to time. Like with the Sponsor Pay videos, you can use it to watch a video and receive a mushroom.

Have fun with the new features,
Your S&F team (I’m not the S&F team, obviously, just trying my best translating this.)
Quote:
The Witch

You can find the way to the witch by, with at least level 66, clicking on the first book in the lower shelf to the right behind Fidget in the Magic Shop (yes, the inconspicuous book).

This is where the witch secretly brews her mixtures for the enchantment scrolls, but she is missing ingredients.
You can find out which ingredients those are for each day by hovering the mouse over the cauldron.
Here you can also see how many of the ingredients have already been gathered (in per cent). The required amount is measured in points.
Don’t freak out over the number displayed, because all players on your server donate for this goal together.
In order to donate an item, drag it over and drop it into the cauldron. You can donate as many items as you want per day, but other than in the toilet, you won’t get these items back!
As soon as you reached the demanded number, the witch is ready to start. She needs 24 hours to finish an enchantment scroll.

The scrolls that have already been activated are pinned to the wooden board above the witch for display. They can be bought in the Magic Shop.
The scrolls grant you different bonuses that are activated when you use the scroll to enchant the respective item.

Hint: Epic items give the same amount of points as common items.
Hint: Each item can be enchanted only once.
Hint: The bonuses granted by the enchantments only come into effect on your character, not on your companions in the tower!
[SIGPIC]http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/6284/psa.gif[/SIGPIC] ← That's me there! Yup, the charred lump of... er... matter. Goo. Whatever. Pretty blocky for a lump of goo, actually... and a little blinky and disappeary, too.

Last edited by G.Hermann; 11-20-2013 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Added translation of the news - and forgot three sentences! oO Added those, too. - Not Telly, but Tube
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G.Hermann For This Useful Post:
Ghettoforce (11-20-2013), spiny norman (11-20-2013), Vyllyn (11-20-2013)
Old 11-20-2013, 07:20 AM
Crusader

Still not clear to me whether sacrificing an item to the witch gets you anything other than the gratitude of the other players on your server.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:36 AM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post
Still not clear to me whether sacrificing an item to the witch gets you anything other than the gratitude of the other players on your server.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragorth the Vengeful View Post
[...]
Edit 1:
Update 522:
now donations to witch reward some gold if item was not from arcane toilet and therefore "smelling"

So they get you as much gold as if you sold them, from what I understood.

Yes, it is possible for individuals to lean back and let others do the sacrificing,
and yes, it is going to happen a lot.
But you want those enchantments. Badly!

And besides, since they mercifully give us back our gold and let us donate items that alreay pleased the gods,
it's not really our loss. Instead, it is even a good feeling to have a use for converted items or old epics from the tower,
which we otherwise would have to give away to Shakes or Fidget for free. Those two earn enough as it is.
[SIGPIC]http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/6284/psa.gif[/SIGPIC] ← That's me there! Yup, the charred lump of... er... matter. Goo. Whatever. Pretty blocky for a lump of goo, actually... and a little blinky and disappeary, too.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:37 AM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

The patch is being deployed to Germany and Poland today. If all goes well with that beta process then it should be deployed internationally tomorrow.

Enter the Witch!
Old 11-20-2013, 11:23 AM
Blacksmith

its already on s7 but not s3? thats weird but it needs somethings changing like mentioned already the fact that everyone has the benifits from others donating maybe make it so the guild who dantes more gets better benifits or the player who donates more gets better
Old 11-20-2013, 12:11 PM
Sheep

The only thing I'm curious of is if the witch takes flushed items.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:31 PM
Stable Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheavon View Post
The only thing I'm curious of is if the witch takes flushed items.
Yes the witch takes flushed items. Today on S1 she's taking rings!
The Following User Says Thank You to BlackJet For This Useful Post:
Rheavon (11-20-2013)
Old 11-20-2013, 07:38 PM
Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTZKooPA View Post
The patch is being deployed to Germany and Poland today. If all goes well with that beta process then it should be deployed internationally tomorrow.

Enter the Witch!
Or perhaps even sooner...

Quote:
So they get you as much gold as if you sold them, from what I understood.
It actually seems to be better than that. I'm too impatient to wait to find out, so I bought a ring in the store for $2 million. It's resale value was $500 K. Donated to the witch and was rewarded with $1 million. Now I don't expect to buy more items for donation, but what if the witch pays off at twice the rate of the cheapskates in the store there is no reason not to drop items in the cauldron.

I'm still kind of surprised that they put all this effort into the witch, which would seem to be a one-off feature: once her brew is done, it is done, if I understand correctly. Much like the magic mirror. We are already at 6% on server 1, so we should get to 100 in a week or so. After that, the enchantment scrolls will be available, but it sounds like the witch goes away.

Also not clear why players under level 66 are left out. I could understand cutting off players under level 10 or so to keep people from creating dummy accounts to collect extra items, but why level 66?

Last edited by spiny norman; 11-20-2013 at 07:50 PM.