Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Help & Questions

Notices

Old 06-29-2016, 09:22 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Tower Followers

I have a question about tower followers, namely how and when do you get them?

I have recently passed level 100 and have opened up the Arcane Toilet, which transforms your items to items usable by your followers. I have read that at level 125 you can open up the Shadow World dungeon in which your tower followers can aid you. I have also read that your tower followers can aid you when you open up the "Tower" after completing the 9th dungeon (around level 180+).

My question is when do your followers become available (level 125 for the Shadow World, or later), and is there anything special you need to do? I am holding "transformed" items they can use from the toilet, but if they do not show up till much later in the game I might as well destroy them and make room for more items.

Thank you for any help you can shine on the subject.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:12 PM
Community Manager

Clear dungeon 9 to unlock dungeon 10 and the tower. The followers will be automatically in the tower.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 06-29-2016, 01:49 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Smile

Thank you so much for answering Leander.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:12 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Follow up to the above question. The game manual states about the Shadow World: "After unlocking the tower and your followers and reaching level 125 you can find the key to the shadow world in the gem mine of your fortress."

Does this mean that your tower followers have to be level 125 to find the key, or just your character? Since your character would have to be level 170+ (give or take a few levels) to complete dungeon 9 and unlock the tower, I assume the level 125 requirement is for your tower followers. Thanks again for the help.
Old 07-11-2016, 12:14 PM
Community Manager

Just you. Normally, your followers have the same level as you upgrade them to the max (which is your level) anyway.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 07-11-2016, 12:20 PM

Well considering that your followers start out at level 150 the answer is your character has to be lvl 125

have fun, fight hard, die honorably

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 07-11-2016, 01:03 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Thanks Leander and Bobo for the responses. I'm only level 131, so I have not gotten the tower followers yet. It is good to know this information in advance. Keep up the good work.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:06 PM

yeah you wont get tower till you clear the first 9 dungeons.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 01-06-2017, 05:36 PM
Truffle Shuffler

I thought I would reply to my old post with some updated information, so that anyone searching on this topic would have the information as well.

It has been around six months since my post, and in that time I was able to get eight characters to the Tower and Shadow World areas. Here is some of what I have learned.

First off, how to get to the Tower and Shadow World. You need to do two things. One, reach level 125 on your character. And two, clear the Pyramids of Madness (Dungeon 9). Once you have done both of these things, the Tower and its three followers will be available. To open up the Shadow World, search for a gem in your fortress. Instead of a gem you will find the key to the Shadow World.

The ninth boss of the Pyramids of Madness (tenth boss is a spoiler so I will not use it as an example here) is level 190, so you might think you need to be close to this level to clear the dungeon. You would be wrong. Most of my characters could clear this dungeon around level 125 to 135. But you should wait until you are level 150 and I will tell you why.

First, the followers you get start out at level 150 and cannot be upgraded until your character is at a higher level than them. Second, and more importantly, the beginning bosses you will face in the Tower and the Shadow World are very difficult to defeat until your character is closer to level 150 or higher, in my experience. For these reasons I would wait until your character is at least level 150 before opening these areas up.

As a tip, when you get closer to acquiring your followers make sure to start saving items for them. This is especially true for weapons and armor that are not for use by your character’s class. You will get three followers, one of each class (warrior, scout and mage). You can buy weapons and armor from the weapons shop for the follower that is the same class as your character. Also, the magic shop sells necklaces/rings/trinkets that any class can use. The only way to get weapons and armor for your followers that are not the same class as your character is from the Arcane Toilet. Since the toilet transforms items randomly (same slot, different class) it might take a while to get good weapons and armor for all classes, so the earlier you start the faster you can equip them.

As another tip, start saving gold before you get your followers. You will need to buy them items for the slots that you were not able to acquire beforehand. Also, it cost gold to upgrade each follower every time you level up. The first time you level them is cost about 150,000 gold per follower, so to level all three followers from level 150 to 151 will cost around 450,000 gold. And it gets more expensive each level after that.

I hope this information helps out those who had questions about followers and the Tower and Shadow World areas. Now have fun!

Last edited by Zanfir; 01-06-2017 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanfir View Post
I thought I would reply to my old post with some updated information, so that anyone searching on this topic would have the information as well.

It has been around six months since my post, and in that time I was able to get eight characters to the Tower and Shadow World areas. Here is some of what I have learned.

First off, how to get to the Tower and Shadow World. You need to do two things. One, reach level 125 on your character. And two, clear the Pyramids of Madness (Dungeon 9). Once you have done both of these things, the Tower and its three followers will be available. To open up the Shadow World, search for a gem in your fortress. Instead of a gem you will find the key to the Shadow World.

The ninth boss of the Pyramids of Madness (tenth boss is a spoiler so I will not use it as an example here) is level 190, so you might think you need to be close to this level to clear the dungeon. You would be wrong. Most of my characters could clear this dungeon around level 125 to 135. But you should wait until you are level 150 and I will tell you why.

First, the followers you get start out at level 150 and cannot be upgraded until your character is at a higher level than them. Second, and more importantly, the beginning bosses you will face in the Tower and the Shadow World are very difficult to defeat until your character is closer to level 150 or higher, in my experience. For these reasons I would wait until your character is at least level 150 before opening these areas up.

As a tip, when you get closer to acquiring your followers make sure to start saving items for them. This is especially true for weapons and armor that are not for use by your character’s class. You will get three followers, one of each class (warrior, scout and mage). You can buy weapons and armor from the weapons shop for the follower that is the same class as your character. Also, the magic shop sells necklaces/rings/trinkets that any class can use. The only way to get weapons and armor for your followers that are not the same class as your character is from the Arcane Toilet. Since the toilet transforms items randomly (same slot, different class) it might take a while to get good weapons and armor for all classes, so the earlier you start the faster you can equip them.

As another tip, start saving gold before you get your followers. You will need to buy them items for the slots that you were not able to acquire beforehand. Also, it cost gold to upgrade each follower every time you level up. The first time you level them is cost about 150,000 gold per follower, so to level all three followers from level 150 to 151 will cost around 450,000 gold. And it gets more expensive each level after that.

I hope this information helps out those who had questions about followers and the Tower and Shadow World areas. Now have fun!
After reading your post here are a couple corrections. tower opens once you clear the first 9 dungeons your lvl has nothing to do with it. But shadow world you need to be lvl 125 and have also opened tower to access it.

Tip for companion gear drop items in toilet you get from quests cheaper then buying gear from shops. plus you most likely wont even beat the first lvl till abt lvl 180-190+. also use your old gear for companion of same class if they had same type of item drop in toilet for hopeful new gear for 1 of your other 2 companions. another tip is if having trouble beating a mob add some points to the stat that is main stat of mob help lower dmg taken plus it adds the points to your companions as well.

till you reach lvl 250+ what I did was lvl 1 companion a day so as to not take a big hit on lvling them all at once.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz