Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Help & Questions > Character Advice

Notices

Character Advice Need help building your avatar? You've come to the right place.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:04 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Path of a Mage

Hey,

So I'm levelling a mage (I'm a newbie, started out a few days ago) and I wonder what do Veterans of this game have to say about the stats I should level.

Now I'm basically throwing it all on INT, and sometimes drop a few on constitution, if a have some spare gold and don't feel like waiting to get enough for INT.

I currently have:
42 Strenght (+5 bonus from an item, that also gives INT. Don't have anything better at the moment)
36 Dexterity ( I think I levelled 2 points of it, when I had some unprecious silver left over)
Intelligence 126 (Just throwing as much as I can)
Constitution 81
Luck 52 (Raised only a few times)

In case it's better for you to contact me ingame, for some reason, I'm on server 4 and my character name is "Profanity".

Cheers.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:30 PM
Supreme Adventurer

This post has been moved to the Character Advice subforum, where many questions and even more answers have been given. Please look through this area for several folks answering this question.

The FAQ tells you too, what each stat does. This helps determine if you should spend on it or not.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bullbound For This Useful Post:
bobo baggins (06-29-2011)
Old 06-29-2011, 06:49 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbound View Post
This post has been moved to the Character Advice subforum, where many questions and even more answers have been given. Please look through this area for several folks answering this question.

The FAQ tells you too, what each stat does. This helps determine if you should spend on it or not.
Alright, thanks.

But I'm not stupid, I fully understand what each stat does. But what I lack, is the knowledge of how much does "Dumping into seems best for the class" affect latter gameplay.

I know the basics, but I'd like to hear more, while I'm still low leveled. I'm aware that STR and DEX are the least of my worries, I know that INT is main stat, what I'd really like to hear is the balance between Constitution and Luck and do I really need it. I guess I should have said that from the start.

PS One more thing I didn't notice - this subforum. Once again, sorry
Old 06-29-2011, 08:54 PM
Adventurer

The differences between classes are irrelevant. What works for a Mage works for a Warrior and Scout.

I've explained this elsewhere, but the one I use and rpomote is 4:3:2:1:1 for Primary:Con:Luck:Secondary:Secondary. The cost of your damage stat should be 4x the cost of the damage stats for the other two classes. Con 3x, Luck 2x.

So, for a Mage, if your Int costs 100G, your Con should cost 75G, Luck 50G, and the other two stats 25G.

No, I will not go into a lengthy explanation of why. You can hunt around and find that explanation in other threads.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:18 AM
Wannabe Griffin

For gear I would recommend you, to only use DEX gear, in case you have no epics.

Edit: Didn't realize you are mage. Use Int gear then

Last edited by Swerd; 06-30-2011 at 06:54 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:51 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerd View Post
For gear I would recommend you, to only use DEX gear, in case you have no epics.
Why is that?
Old 06-30-2011, 06:53 AM
Wannabe Griffin

Oh sorry, didn't realize you are a mage
So use INT gear then
Old 06-30-2011, 06:57 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerd View Post
Oh sorry, didn't realize you are a mage
So use INT gear then
Ah, alright then!
That's what I'm doing, unless I can't get my hands on INT gear. Then I work with whatever I got.