Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Help & Questions

Notices

Old 06-05-2016, 07:42 AM
Fidget's Griffin

Default Question about Pet PvP and Fruit Questing - An Anomaly?

Previously I chalked this up to coincidence, but the pattern has been apparent for me for quite a while.

I find that while questing for fruit, I achieve the highest TYPE of fruit based on that is available for pet PVP.

This is especially the case for Water Fruit (Plums) where typically I do not get many plums on average, but each day there is a water PVP I get more plums in questing that day than any other fruit.

Today I received 5 plums from PVP and 5 plums from questing - more plums than any other fruit today.

I've seen this pattern with ALL fruit during their PVP times.

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this pattern?
Old 06-05-2016, 08:23 AM
Blacksmith

I think this is just a coincidence. It's like the horoscope - when they guess right, you think there is some real science behind it, but when they get it all wrong, no one pays attention. If you get up to 10 fruits a day and you have 5 different types, it could turn out that 3 fruits of the same type is considered a high drop rate, but 2 fruits is something average. I think the difference between 3 and 2 fruits is not significant enough to make any conclusions. You got 5 plums today - congrats ... I got 1
Old 06-06-2016, 06:50 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Today is Shadow and I got mostly Shadow fruit
Old 06-06-2016, 07:39 PM
Community Manager

My findings are that I almost find no fruits with 100 thirst but drinking 1 to 2 beers suddenly makes the fruits drop like mad.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 06-06-2016, 08:14 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
My findings are that I almost find no fruits with 100 thirst but drinking 1 to 2 beers suddenly makes the fruits drop like mad.
If I find 3 or 4 in my first 100 thirst, I'm usually getting 10-13 fruit that day.

Typically I find 1-2 fruit in the first 100, 2-3 in the 2nd 100 and 3-4 in the last 120
Old 06-07-2016, 06:25 AM
Blacksmith

Thumbs up

Got the same on 2 accounts

Old 06-13-2016, 10:24 PM
Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGuinness View Post
Previously I chalked this up to coincidence, but the pattern has been apparent for me for quite a while.

I find that while questing for fruit, I achieve the highest TYPE of fruit based on that is available for pet PVP.

This is especially the case for Water Fruit (Plums) where typically I do not get many plums on average, but each day there is a water PVP I get more plums in questing that day than any other fruit.

Today I received 5 plums from PVP and 5 plums from questing - more plums than any other fruit today.

I've seen this pattern with ALL fruit during their PVP times.

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this pattern?
I do believe this is the case, but probably not as much as you think. It seems to me like about half the fruit that drops on a given day is the same as the fruit in the PvP battles. It sometimes seems like more, but that is probably because the first 3 pieces of any other fruit that drops gets fed to whatever pet you are actively feeding, whereas assuming you win at least 3 PvP battles all the fruit that matches today's PvP gets stored.

As an example, let's say today's PvP is plums, and you start the day with your inventory empty. You win 4 PvP battles. If 3 plums and 3 lemons drop, you will end the day with 4 plums in your inventory and no lemons despite equal drops.

Doesn't seem to be much that can be done about it either way.

Last edited by spiny norman; 06-13-2016 at 10:25 PM.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:02 AM
Fidget's Griffin

Fire day today

Received 5 Strawberries from PvP

Received 5 Strawberries and 1 Plum from Questing
The Following User Says Thank You to BMWGuinness For This Useful Post:
Xs3roN (06-24-2016)
Old 06-24-2016, 02:59 PM
Mushroom Collector

A few days ago i shared my fruit-statisics of the last 2 months in the german forum. http://forum.sfgame.de/showthread.php?t=74552

This a detailed table of my fruit findings. I added a secound sheet called "English". It is like the first one, but all the german bits are translated.

For you BMWGuinness i added the first column. It is percentage of the friuts which randomly droped with the same element like PvP was that day.
With an average of 21,12%. So i don't think that the system is biased.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggman95 For This Useful Post:
spiny norman (06-24-2016), Xs3roN (07-04-2016)
Old 06-25-2016, 12:14 AM
Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggman95 View Post
A few days ago i shared my fruit-statisics of the last 2 months in the german forum. http://forum.sfgame.de/showthread.php?t=74552

This a detailed table of my fruit findings. I added a secound sheet called "English". It is like the first one, but all the german bits are translated.

For you BMWGuinness i added the first column. It is percentage of the friuts which randomly droped with the same element like PvP was that day.
With an average of 21,12%. So i don't think that the system is biased.
This is EXACTLY the type of data I was hoping to see.

Sounds like the perceived bias towards fruit of the same element as PvP is an artifact. Probably recall bias--we notice the days it happens, don't notice the days it doesn't-- reinforced by the extra fruit building up in the inventory because we typically only use 3 fruits a day of each type.

It also shows that the range of fruit drops per day is quite broad: over 67 days, your lowest 5 were 1, 3, 3, 4, and 4 and your best 5 were 15, 13, 12, 11, and 11.

Or to summarize a different way, the average was 7.7 fruits per day, but 10% of the time you got 5 or less and 10% of the time you got 11 or more, so we should not be surprised when that happens.

Now if only we had data on the frequency of fruit drops at different quest lengths...