Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > News Section > Sales, Events & Contests

Notices

Sales, Events & Contests Announcements for bonus sales, special events and related contests.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:03 AM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA
Post Shakes(peare) & Fidget: To Shroom or not to shroom (Contest)

If games be the food of love, play on. And if you’re a winner of North America’s latest Shakes & Fidget contest, you could be playing Shakes & Fidget - The Game for a lot less. The Shakespeare-inspired contest will offer the largest rewards ever to its winners. A total package of 1000 mushrooms are up for grabs!

Contest Details:
  • Each player can submit one (1) entry to the contest.
  • Entries must be submitted by email to patrick@playa-support.com with the subject of Shakes(peare) & Fidget Contest. Include your character name and server that you want the mushrooms delivered to, should you win.
  • Submissions should be between 250 and 750 words.
  • Entries are accepted as of this posting and must be submitted by June 15, 2012 at 11:59 PM (EST). Be sure to proofread and polish your submission before sending the email, as only the first entry will be accepted.
Winning entries will earn themselves a spotlight on the forum and Facebook for the whole community to see.

Where to view submissions
Entries will be collected and posted to a locked forum thread on the North American forum. A second thread will be made available for commenting. This post will be updated with the relevant links.

Playa Games maintains the right to ignore or remove submissions that do not follow the Terms of Service of the game or forum.

$$ Prizes $$
A group of forum moderators and community managers will thin the submission to a maximum of ten (10) entries. From that collection, the community will vote for their favorite entry. The top three winners will receive the following awards:
  • 3rd Place - 150
  • 2nd Place - 300
  • 1st Place - 500
One voter will be randomly selected from the pool and awarded 50 for participating in the polling.

Prizes will only be distributed to accounts on the US or Canadian servers.

Some hints:
  • You do not need to rewrite an existing work. Feel free to write in Shakespearian style but with your own fresh ideas.
  • Longer does not mean better.
  • Sticking with S&F humor will go a long way.
  • Here’s a great Shakespeare quote repository in case you need a refresher.

Example by North American Volunteer Moderator DeadMeat:
Fidget and Shakes went on a camping trip.
After partaking vital sustenance and a good measure of wine, with the sky, it seemed, pouring down stinking pitch, they retire seeking deep blessed sleep.
Some hours later, Fidget awoke and nudged his dearest partner in greatness. "Shakes, look up at the newly bent celestial bed and tell me what ye eyes drinkth in."

Shakes replied, "I see stars numerous beyond counting."

"Mayhaps you can inform me what their appearance portends?" Fidget asked.

Watson pondered for a minute. "Astronomically, Methinks that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, It creeps in mine eyes that Saturn traverses into Leo. Horologically, I surmise that the hour is 3 turns passed high moon. Theologically, I can see that God up above is powerful beyond measure and that we are but specks on the wind. Meteorologically, I suspect thou shall experience a nipping and an eager air on the morrow. What thoughts do you make of this?"

Fidget was silent for a minute, then spoke. "Shakes, Thou puking swag-bellied scullian!
Thou spongy malmsey-nosed wagtail!
Thou warped beetle-headed vassal!
Thou paunchy unchin-snouted pignut!
Thou hath not so much brain as ear wax.

Somebody has robbed thy tent!"

*Rules subject to change*
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iTZKooPA For This Useful Post:
DeadMeat (06-11-2012), Gynx (06-07-2012), Hurin Thalion (07-15-2012), KyBoRgMeN (07-03-2012)
Old 05-25-2012, 11:14 AM
Assassin

Accepted submissions will be placed in the below threads.

Please direct any questions on the contest or comments on the submissions here.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:09 AM
Assassin

How are your submissions coming?
Old 06-15-2012, 08:25 AM
Assassin

Today is the final day to get in the Shakes(peare) & Fidget entries. Submissions will be reviewed, narrowed down and added to the thread early next week.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Assassin

The submissions have been thinned down to a handful of entries. The community will be allowed to vote on their favorite, with the most votes receiving the First Prize. Players are encouraged to discuss the submissions on the official discussion thread.

Submissions are listed in no particular order. The names of the entrants have not been included to keep votes based upon the merit of the entry.

Thanks to all that helped make this contest happen, especially all the entrants and DeadMeat for his example submission.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iTZKooPA For This Useful Post:
DeadMeat (06-20-2012), Hurin Thalion (07-15-2012)
Old 06-20-2012, 02:11 PM
Assassin

Post Submission #1

Shakes dreamt happily…
Full many a glorious morning have I seen
Flatter the mountain tops with sovereign eye,
Kissing with golden face the meadows green,
Gilding pale streams with heavenly alchemy;
Anon permit the basest clouds to ride…
And yet…this cloud…something was rotten in the state of Denmark…

Awoken with a start and gasping for air, Shakes declared soundly “Fidget, thine Eggs of Kadosh seemed to be most foul!”

“Aye, and my stomach is upset most terribly…I must find that farmer and beat him” Fidget responded while scrambling for new undergarments; the “briefs of doubtful hygiene” were likely soiled.

Holding his nose, Shakes proselytized “A plague...a plague on both of your houses! Blow, blow thou winter wind!”

“I do declare we need to find that chicken and abscond with him!” suggested Fidget.

“We could do that, or even get rid of the hen...but mayhaps we ought to simply be rid of the rooster that is causing the problem to begin with…p’raps a little cut where the issue began?!” replied Shakes mischievously.

Fidget’s mind worked quickly and he hastily crossed his legs together. “Aye, the most unkindest cut of all…”

Later that morning Shakes and Fidget rode their horses to the scene of the crime; Farmer Ferdinand’s humble farm.
“Welcome good Shakes and Master Fidget” smiled Ferdinand from the roost.
But upon seeing Fidget looking green with an odorous cloud trailing behind him, “What, has this thing appear’d again to-day?!”

Looking upon his unhappy cohort, Shakes grimaced “I have seen nothing, but smelled everything”.

“Your eggs were most foul, Farmer, as if the Lord of Darkness himself sent them to me!” cried Fidget.

“Twice thy chickens have produced profane ovum!” cried Shakes.

Fidget unsnapped the holster and readied his Astral Staff of the Know-It-All for a spell. “I will fight you…fight until the last gasp!” cried Fidget.

However, unbeknownst to both our young heroes, Farmer Ferdinand had quietly turned on his Chicken Master 3000 and adjusted the setting to “Majorly Clucked”.

Seeing the certain outcome of his brethren reduced to a cloud of feathers and dust, Shakes stepped forward and quickly uttered “Parting is such sweet sorrow”…and hoisted Fidget upon his mount.

With daggers, nay foul eggs still in mind, Fidget could only muster “My words fly up, my thoughts remain below!” and with that, both Shakes and Fidget galloped off toward the town to grab a mug of mead.

Hoisting a frosty mug, Fidget mused as he pointed to his upset stomach “Oft expectation fails, and most oft there”.

A buxom bar wench strolled by and caught Fidget’s lingering eye.

“Asses are made to bear and so are you…” slobbered Fidget to Viola the wench.

She rebuffed his drunken advanced by paraphrasing the little lad himself and pointing between his legs “Oft expectation fails, my dear Fidget, and most oft there”.

Drunk and rejected, Fidget returned to his table and his nearly passed out cohort.

“Lechery, sir, it provokes, and unprovokes; it provokes the desire, but it takes away the performance” bemused Shakes before his head hit the table, upsetting his sixth mug of ale.

“Nay, then, thus: We came into the world like brother and brother; And now let's go hand in hand, not one before another” replied Fidget...and thus, his head too fell to the table.

The End
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iTZKooPA For This Useful Post:
Hurin Thalion (07-15-2012), Jakkall (06-20-2012), Wallabee Champ (06-20-2012), Ziaxia (06-20-2012)

Tags
community, contest, mushrooms, voting