Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 09-21-2015, 05:57 PM
Blacksmith

Default Gold or XP after Level 300?

I know the very helpful guide of Charista on XP vs Gold, but it seems like after level 300, going for gold will be more profitable.

As for now, at level 330 I can buy around 11 points for my main stat with 310 thirsts a day if going for gold compared to only 5.5 points for XP. It takes around 14 days to level up which means by the time I level up with the XP-only way, the gold method would give me 77 more points. And the advantages from level-up (slightly more duty guard, and quest reward, slightly better equipment) do not seem to outweigh the benefit you get from gold especially for non-shroomers like me, I don't change my gears much often.

So is it worth giving up 50% level up speed for x2 more gold? I see many players on s1.de go for gold and their stats are a few thousands more than ones who are 20 levels above them.

Last edited by godevil; 09-21-2015 at 06:02 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to godevil For This Useful Post:
Sersemina (09-22-2015)
Old 09-21-2015, 07:13 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by godevil View Post
I know the very helpful guide of Charista on XP vs Gold, but it seems like after level 300, going for gold will be more profitable.

As for now, at level 330 I can buy around 11 points for my main stat with 310 thirsts a day if going for gold compared to only 5.5 points for XP. It takes around 14 days to level up which means by the time I level up with the XP-only way, the gold method would give me 77 more points. And the advantages from level-up (slightly more duty guard, and quest reward, slightly better equipment) do not seem to outweigh the benefit you get from gold especially for non-shroomers like me, I don't change my gears much often.

So is it worth giving up 50% level up speed for x2 more gold? I see many players on s1.de go for gold and their stats are a few thousands more than ones who are 20 levels above them.
I'd say wait this conversation out until after the fortress to see how that will affect things. Especially if bonuses and rewards are based on level (or even HoF rank, though that would be too genius for Playa )
Old 09-22-2015, 12:43 PM
Blacksmith

Playing for gold after level 300 is an interesting idea. Here are my observations on my two strongest guild mates: the first plays only for experience, while the second only for gold. The first, who plays for experience is 25 levels ahead. If both have the same toilet aura and update their epics regularly, this would mean that in terms of items he would have: ~3 points per level x 10 items x 25 levels = 750 points of primary attribute, constitution and luck more, coming from epics. Including the potion bonus, this would mean a 940-point gain. Sounds impressive, but read on. The second guy plays only for gold (probably started doing so after level 300) and the result is that he has 3600 points base primary attribute more than the first guy. Adding the potion bonus of 25%, this means 4500 primary attribute more So how do you think - is the 25 levels difference a price high enough to justify these 4500 points of primary attribute? I already decided for myself - I'm switching to gold
The Following User Says Thank You to Sersemina For This Useful Post:
godevil (09-22-2015)
Old 09-22-2015, 12:49 PM
Community Manager

Going for gold after level 300 is a strategy used by many players. Level ups are very slow for high-levels so increasing stats by spending gold is a good option.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
The Following User Says Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
godevil (09-22-2015)
Old 09-22-2015, 05:27 PM
Blacksmith

Thank you for your reply. So let me make this clear, the XP guy you mentioned have 940 more points coming from higher-level items, while the Gold guy have 3600 more base attribute points (let just not take in the potions yet)?

So the difference in the main attribute between the two is 3600 - 940 = 2660, plus the XP guy also have 940 more on Constitution (Luck attribute can be ignored). I wonder if that is correct?

Anyway, 2660 more points on the main attribute is really a kill.
Old 09-23-2015, 04:55 AM
Truffle Shuffler

hi, what if i try go for gold on ~160lvl? and when i reach 300lvl i was monster?
Old 09-23-2015, 08:11 AM
Blacksmith

You shouldn't do that since you will level up really fast from 160 to 300, it's better to play for XP to get more gold reward per quest at later levels/
Old 09-23-2015, 11:54 AM
Stable Boy

You are leaving out a few things. First, what is your goal in playing. If the HoF is the main goal and you don't shroom thirst and you are not committed to years of playing after 300, then going for gold after 300 makes sense. That is the only advantage that I see in doing this.

Second, eventually the faster leveler will outdistance your gold advantage in stat buying. As the faster leveler gets closer to level 350 the level separation will speed up even more. HoF means little to me; so I don't even look at the gold reward for quests.
Old 09-23-2015, 12:14 PM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilp View Post

Second, eventually the faster leveler will outdistance your gold advantage in stat buying. As the faster leveler gets closer to level 350 the level separation will speed up even more. HoF means little to me; so I don't even look at the gold reward for quests.
This is not what I see in S1.de, I'm pretty sure that the top 20 there are all shroomers, and while a level 390s there has 15k on both main attribute and cons (which is approximately the same as a lvl 350s from the same guild), a level 370s also from the same guild has 21k.

Receiving twice the gold a day is really beneficial. I think while you can get a few more per quest when level up, that "a few more" can be doubled when you play for gold. I'm not really sure about this, I need more confirmation and empirical tests from other players

By the way, I'm not focusing on the HoF, what I need is to be stronger to better handle the portal and guild dungeon so I'm wondering which method would be better after 300. And so far it seems like gold is the better one.

Last edited by godevil; 09-23-2015 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:09 PM
Stable Boy

Look at the gear equipped by those top 20 S1.de players. Those 390's players could do better with some upgrades. They will continue to widen the gap on any players going for gold. If that trend continues, the gold players will not be able to keep up by stat buying alone. Playing for gold will also require investing more in luck due to the level difference. It will also make gear selection more difficult because of armor stats.