Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Guild Section > Server 3 > Small Talk

Notices

Small Talk Events, congratulations, announcements...

Old 03-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Blacksmith

Default so frustrating

i seem to have hit a wall in regards to recruiting. why? why? why do people insist in staying in primarily inactive guilds with low bonuses? for example i attacked a guild with 43 members. they defended with only six people. SIX. 6 out of 43. really? i messaged the six active members and asked them all to join my guild instead. none of them were the guild leader. only two were officers. i can understand the officers wanting to stay to a point but the other members i do not. their bonuses are very low so that is not a reason to stay. why be in a guild that does not benefit you? one of them did reply and basically said i like this guild because it does do much. WHAT? why be in a guild at all then? doesnt that defeat the whole point of joining a guild? guilds only help if they actually do something. holy moses. i mean this is just one recent example but i keep seeing this type of stuff. keep in mind these are not low level players. i am talking at least 100+ characters so i know they understand how the game works but do not seem to understand how guilds can benefit them. i know i am preaching to the choir here but i just needed to vent.
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ralff For This Useful Post:
DominicS (03-10-2012), iTZKooPA (03-11-2012), Ziaxia (03-10-2012)
Old 03-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Maybe they all don't have much time to play, don't think they will make regular wars, and just want to get what they can? Just an idea. I can't speak for others. But, if that is their approach, do you want them in your guild?
Old 03-10-2012, 05:41 PM
Adventurer

recruiting can be VERY frustrating...even at the top..some people just want to stay where they are..because their friends are there. I respect that and theres not much you can do about it barring inviting all the friends too.

and well.. in your case it is entirely possible that its a group of friends. for example, i have recruited people before who played snf only because star wars' old republic online thing wasnt out. once that came out..the entire guild disbanded, 2 people came to my guild, and the rest quit the game.

gotta just move on to the next.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gynx For This Useful Post:
lspiderl (03-29-2012), Ziaxia (03-27-2012)
Old 03-10-2012, 06:16 PM
Blacksmith

Thumbs up I feel ya. :(

I completely share your frustration, Ralff! I have to admit that I was one of the hold outs too. I was in a guild with one other person, and I refused to abandon the guild....for a LONG time. No other reason other than I liked running my own guild and just the two of us made it into the top 80 which I was proud of.

What finally got me to switch was the constant conversation between the guild leader of the new guild and myself. He kept after me, not overtly, but just chatting and throwing in a "well you know if you had joined us..." every now and again. lol. Finally I decided to join and though it took some work to build the guild, it was ultimately a decision I have not regretted.

That being said, that's a lot of work just to get one player. lol. I wouldn't mind doing that though...if, like you, I could get SOMEONE to converse with.

If you do find a way around it (or through it ) do me a favor and let me know.

Until then, back to the grind. Good luck to you!
Old 03-10-2012, 08:38 PM
Sheep

As one of the recruiters for my guild.
I feel your pain ralff, but all I can say is people will and do play to have fun
While I do sometimes find others idea of "fun" to be
I will however always respect it!

Just keep your eyes open and keep whispering and mailing

you may just find a gem of a guild mate
A or maybe a but my favs are the

Last edited by Ziaxia; 03-10-2012 at 08:51 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ziaxia For This Useful Post:
Lord Arse (03-27-2012)
Old 03-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Wannabe Griffin

i too feel your pain. as far as recruitment goes. i myself personally have paid just about every shroom (short fo maybe 100 of them) to max out my guilds exp an gold bonuses. spent i dont know how many shrooms to raise my guilds fort to 40 people busted my ass to burn 3 fat bars a day for weeks on end. have whispered guilds and told them point blank hey we are maxxed give what ever gold you want hell dont give any i dont care just come join my guild lets build some thing here. and i never hardly ever get a damn response let alone one that i find to my liking. its just so damn frustrating trying to recruit in this game. i will say though that a few times i have found a couple daimonds in the ruff sorta speak. an that im glad i have the members i do have....now if i could just get a few members of a couple of other guilds to stop trying to recruit the ones i do have =(
Old 03-27-2012, 04:03 PM
Sheep

I did the EXACT same thing damn it! It hurt my wallet like all hell.

and then I moved out of the guild I shroomed, into a guild with a few good players and even better then 100% bonuses in the long run I think I did the
right thing by moving, the shrooming was painful and the move hard at first.

but I'm very happy I moved my cash hungry crew and my butt over
Old 03-27-2012, 04:14 PM
Blacksmith

Send a message via ICQ to polopoloyuuu

Pretty sure Gynx can seduce people to join the guild. Unfair advantage.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:20 PM
Sheep

I got that same advantage so its fair to me
only mine's Russian
Old 03-29-2012, 10:12 PM
Stable Boy

i think half of recruiting is realy just luck . to catch the right people at hte right time . i spent forever trying desperately to recruit and lucked into finding 2 differnt two man guilds that were ready to say screw it why not now their my top cvontributing officers and we are growing like wildfire but more importantly we like our steady but semi casual growth and we have dropped the focus on recruiting and put it into maxing our bonus's as much as possibly while strengthening our selves and if we get new people great if not we will worry about it when our bonus' are higher ..... either way were having fun . doing at least 1-2 guild fights a week and jsut PLAYING the game to enjoy it
The Following User Says Thank You to lspiderl For This Useful Post:
DeadMeat (03-29-2012)