Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 04-28-2015, 07:34 AM
Sheep

Default Decreased Potion Rate

It's just something I noticed in the last week or two, but there seems to be a definite lack of purple potions recently. I literally just burnt through 100 shrooms to try and find out, but couldn't. Three days ago, it took me 50 shrooms to find one. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

I do love this game, but if it's gonna be this way I might have to find something more affordable between no flying tube and waaaay too much shrooms just to find the one potion I need.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:55 AM
Truffle Shuffler

I am having trouble finding %25 luck potion lately. But that happened before.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:14 PM
Community Manager

Everything is completely random so you have been very unlucky. I would not spend so many mushrooms just for 1 potion. If you have enough gold you can also buy other potions you do not need and immediately sell them again so the shop slot is refreshed and you maybe get the potion you need.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
The Following User Says Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
Magiktron (05-20-2015)
Old 04-29-2015, 12:49 AM
Blacksmith

flipped through 100 shrooms for a pink potion. never had to do that before in over 4 years of playing but yeah its completely random..........
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:07 PM
Crusader

2 pink potions in the magic store this morning. So I'd say you've had a run of bad luck.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:37 PM
Blacksmith

lets go through the steps

1. shakes rolls out a terrible unneeded update. players quit in droves shakes loses money.

2. shakes finds out botters are somehow abusing the floating tvs. shakes loses money.

3. shakes removes floating tvs rather than actually figuring out a way to stop the botters which causes more players to quit. shakes loses even more money.

4. suddenly potions are so scarce players are forced to spend large quantities of either purchased or earned mushrooms.

5. just in time for a 20% mushroom sale. shakes profits.

i am not the only one who noticed this and we are not amused. when you notice few people are purchasing mushrooms this time you know why. fix the game and stop screwing your paying players.
Signifying nothing.
Old 05-02-2015, 02:39 PM
Crusader

Sorry, I think you are being a bit paranoid here. There is a whole lot of "random" in this game. On epic weekend I've had 3 epics in a single store refresh and I've gone 120 refreshes with none. I've had 3 epic helmets in a row or 3 epic armor in a row on multiple occasions. I've also had 4 "luck only" epics in a row at least once.I've had 5 witch's item of the day drop, including 3 on consecutive quests, and I've had none. Today so far is a "none".

It's possible there is a problem with the random generator, but it's more likely it's just luck. You're not seeing pink potions right now. The day before yesterday I had two big pinks, yesterday I have none, today I have a big blue, a medium pink, and a small yellow.

You know, I expect Playa to design the game to maximize their profits. That's called "capitalism". I'm sure they want the TV back more than we do, so much so that I wouldn't be surprised if the developers were working more on fixing the TV integration than fixing the remaining bugs in the upgrade or finishing the fortress.
The Following User Says Thank You to spiny norman For This Useful Post:
Leander (05-04-2015)
Old 05-03-2015, 02:04 PM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post
Sorry, I think you are being a bit paranoid here. There is a whole lot of "random" in this game. On epic weekend I've had 3 epics in a single store refresh and I've gone 120 refreshes with none. I've had 3 epic helmets in a row or 3 epic armor in a row on multiple occasions. I've also had 4 "luck only" epics in a row at least once.I've had 5 witch's item of the day drop, including 3 on consecutive quests, and I've had none. Today so far is a "none".

It's possible there is a problem with the random generator, but it's more likely it's just luck. You're not seeing pink potions right now. The day before yesterday I had two big pinks, yesterday I have none, today I have a big blue, a medium pink, and a small yellow.

You know, I expect Playa to design the game to maximize their profits. That's called "capitalism". I'm sure they want the TV back more than we do, so much so that I wouldn't be surprised if the developers were working more on fixing the TV integration than fixing the remaining bugs in the upgrade or finishing the fortress.
i may be being paranoid but you are definitely being naive. while shakes does nothing but makes things worse for long term players other games i play compensate players for their mistakes. they do not punish them.
Signifying nothing.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:31 PM
Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralff View Post
i may be being paranoid but you are definitely being naive. while shakes does nothing but makes things worse for long term players other games i play compensate players for their mistakes. they do not punish them.
gee, how could Playa compensate players for the TV being on the fritz?

How about offering a 20% bonus on mushroom sales?

Oh, wait. That is what they are doing this weekend.

So much for punishing us.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:46 AM

They will be getting the flying tube fixed at some point. I haven't when but remember that it is hurting Playa as much as the players since that is money they are not getting while it is down. Yes the 20% sale does help the paying player but does nothing for the free player just be patient and they will get it up and running as soon as they can.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz