Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 06-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Wannabe Griffin

Default Guild combat complaint

Something has to be done about the guild war system, and it has to be done ASAP. We are a guild in uk server 1, we are ranked no.1 and we have more than 3000 honor difference from the second guild. That means we can no longer attack them and gain any exp from guild wars. We have to wait for them 1-2 weeks to reach within 3000 honor difference (hopefully they wont lose to the third guild as they are really close to power with them), meaning that for the next 1-2 weeks we cannot attack and gain exp anymore. This system is retarded. Considering the UK forums are pretty much dead, I post this thread here since it could concern your servers as well.

I am really wondering who was the genious who thought of this system, and I am wondering why do we have to organize all of our 50 members to not join the attack in order to lose honor to the second guild in order to be able to attack them.

Don't tell me it's to give the weakest guilds a chance, cause this is unfair to all the people of the first guild who spend money to progress etc, and they get a disadvantage against people in other servers because of this.

Something has to be done, this system needs change.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgeKen For This Useful Post:
Gynx (06-07-2012), iTZKooPA (06-10-2012), Jengas (06-07-2012), Priam (06-11-2012)
Old 06-07-2012, 04:09 PM
Blacksmith

It's a problem on our server as well (or at least it was). I agree the system does need to be revised for the sake of the 1st spot gaining honor without limit. Perhaps the restrictions shouldn't be honor based, but rather rank based. So the guild attacking will always receive honor and exp as long as their target guild is within 10 ranks above and below them. This will allow the rank1 guild to attack down to rank 10, but not below that to prevent a rank 50 guild from bullying rank 500 guilds, which would be silly. Guilds within 10 ranks are of reasonable competitive range, and I think it's a decent replacement to the honor limit. Honor wouldn't be obsolete either, since rank is determined by total honor points.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

Any game that allows players to be the top of something have this problem. Currently, Playa views the "issue" as helping close the gap between guilds, effectively leveling the playing field by, admittedly, severe diminishing returns.

That being said, the developers are looking at adding a new mechanic that would address the issue while not affecting other gameplay in an adverse way.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iTZKooPA For This Useful Post:
bobo baggins (06-07-2012), DeadMeat (06-07-2012), GeorgeKen (06-08-2012), Gynx (06-07-2012), Jengas (06-07-2012)
Old 06-08-2012, 01:53 AM
Wannabe Griffin

Thanks for your contribution Jengas, thats exactly what I am saying, and I am not even asking to attack top 10, I am asking to be able to attack at least 1 guild to not lose exp that I would gain if i could start any attacks on any guild.

The problem with current system Koopa is that our server in UK1 has very low competition, which in the long term resulted in gathering all the top and active players of the server in the guild I am in, leaving us no serious threats. That being said, I have been trying to compete with players from other servers (such as US servers), and since US servers seem to be more active, they have guilds who compete against each other (which means that no guild can really go above 3000 difference).

But in UK server 1, where we have no competition, we have to choose between a) organizing 50 people once a week to not participate in the guild battle (which is very hard as you understand because there are always people who join before they read the message we send), or we have to wait 2-3 weeks without attacking anyone until some guild reaches us again within 3.000 honor and then we can attack them for 3-4 times before the difference goes above 3.000 honor again... (and thus wait for 3-4 more weeks).

What we ask is at least give us the chance to attack the second highest guild in the server so that we wont lose exp, as it is now, one aspect of the game has been destroyed for us (we can only attack 3-4 times per 3-4 weeks, which sucks)
Old 06-08-2012, 03:03 AM
Supreme Adventurer

GeorgeKen, the US servers do have guilds that hit that 3000 honor gap fairly consistently, actually. There may be 8 servers, but that doesn't mean they are all active. There are actually a number of suggestions on these forums to address the issue to help minimize the gains that lead to the gap but some gap is always going to exist no matter what system is put together. Even with the ranking suggestion, when rank 1 gets so strong that no one can touch them, then folks will complain that there is no method by which rank 1 can be matched and no incentive to try.

With the current system, the lack of honor and xp gaining does provide the other guilds some chance to catch up and present a challenge, albeit a small one. Have you and your guildmates considered going to some lower guilds and helping them out for a bit, even if it is only a couple of members at a time?
GeorgeKen (06-08-2012)
Old 06-08-2012, 03:15 AM
Wannabe Griffin

We already do this for 2-3 guilds, nonetheless when our players return to our guilds, all that is left in the lower guilds is the bonuses we helped them gain, but still with their inactive players they cant do much.... No one would accept leaving a guild of 188% bonuses to go to a guild with 150% permanently though... In the end, the lower guilds (and i suppose this happens to all top guilds in any server as you mentioned too) cannot compete with the top guild in any server, meaning that all top guilds in all servers deal with the same problem... The only solution to enable the guilds at least attack the guild just below them (if you are no.1 you can attack only no.2) no matter what the honor difference it is.

At the moment, I am playing in UK server and i wont be able to start another guild war for 1-2 weeks at least. In the mean time, my competitors in the US server will gain approximately 28 million exp more than me (14 million exp more than me per week) due to the guild wars they do while we wait to be able to attack the second strongest guild in the server.....
Old 06-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Adventurer

I think the change should be quite simple. The honour itself is fine. If #1 could keep gaining honour, eventually they'll be 100k ahead and pretty much impossible to gain up on.

But, gaining experience from attacking the guild ranked below you, whether it's within honour range or not, should always happen. That way you could get the actual benefits of attacking, without getting ahead in honour even more.

The same is happening on US servers, though. On s2, #1 guild is letting #2 guild win loads of battles, both attack and defense, because they were too far ahead.

Last edited by Vizari; 06-09-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:38 AM
Crusader

Isn't that the system we have now? As far as I know, you can attack anyone you want, you just won't get any honor if they are out of range? what are the benefits of attacking, other than honor?
Old 06-10-2012, 07:48 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post
Isn't that the system we have now? As far as I know, you can attack anyone you want, you just won't get any honor if they are out of range? what are the benefits of attacking, other than honor?
Gold for arena and Exp for guild wars
Old 06-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post

this thread is about guild wars, no you cannot attack another guild if the difference is higher than 3.000