Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > General

Notices

Old 04-15-2015, 08:12 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Default What do we LIKE about the update??

I dunno, I needed a little positive, because we all know we are going to find each and every bug there is and tear it to pieces.

So - what do you like about the update?

My favorite thing right now is the chat. I LOVE that I don't have to leave what I'm doing to go check chat. Right now, I have a page open with my next SB victim, the timer counting down, and I can still pull out the chat.

I loved that today, people who don't normally chat ... they jumped right in while we were talking about all the new things. It was fantastic for me!! (thanks to my guild mates!!)

I liked that when I was refilling my beer, I didn't have to keep going back to the bartender, but that the window stayed open, and I could throw back another 5 beers.

I'm sure I'll think of more things, but those jumped instantly to mind
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MedusasSnakes For This Useful Post:
godevil (04-15-2015), Leander (04-16-2015)
Old 04-15-2015, 08:21 PM
Fidget's Griffin

I like in the hall of fame, when you click on the "+" you can click the balance to show a comparison between someone else and yourself easily.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:43 PM
Fidget's Griffin

I never would have thought of that as an option, but it is pretty neat.

I'm not sure if it's something that I will use, but I like that it's there for others who would find it useful.

OH! And I like the female gnomes faces now. I know they aren't right, but they are certainly entertaining. I think they need to rethink the plastic surgeon they hired for the gnomes

Last edited by MedusasSnakes; 04-15-2015 at 08:48 PM.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:39 PM
Stable Boy

The comparison feature is something I used a lot today while updating my scrapbook. Let me get to my scrapbook faster without leaving the HOF.
Aside from a scroll bar, the new guild layout is awesome for managing guilds with folk's activity displayed as "Now" or to a recent hour range. Makes it more important to stay active. The fact potions are displayed right next to this as well as the green/red sword/shield/portal (once the portal bug is fixed) really helps to tell who is taking things seriously in your guild.

Separating attack messages from normal ones is a huge thing for me, as I am constantly clearly attacking messages and really won't have to do so anymore.

The pull out guild chat is neat and will be useful when coordinating things in the guild.

The fact you can keep scrolling through the HOF while looking at character profiles is a huge plus, makes looking for scrapbook items so much easier.

I like the fact the scrapbook is finally expanded (though wish they would have reworked the EXP bonus instead of rescaling to a new 100%, but I guess we have to make sacrifices somewhere).

I'm liking the friends list & ignore functions, but will have to see them used a bit more for their full potential.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:53 PM
Blacksmith

nothing specific but the overall smoothness of gameplay is better. less clicks to do certain things if you follow me.
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:03 PM
Crusader

I like that you can go back to the tavern while on guard duty. That allows you to click on the videos when they pop up.

Also like that the battles go much faster. The back-and-forth hits must be at least 3 times faster than with the old graphics, which makes it tolerable to watch.

Last edited by spiny norman; 04-15-2015 at 11:06 PM.
Old 04-16-2015, 03:37 AM
Fidget's Griffin

I like that it tells us our inventory is full when we try to start a new quest.

As the game doesn't refresh to our characters after a quest, but instead stays in the tavern, this is kinda vital because we don't see as random items are dropped in our inventory.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:18 AM
Mushroom Collector

good

but the bugs : (

Last edited by Legends killer; 04-16-2015 at 10:19 AM.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:19 PM
Mushroom Collector

I enjoy the color/font/appearance of the epics now. Also, I think the sound effects have changed for a lot of weaponry. Am a big fan of the Cleaver of Discord (Halloween wep)'s occasional 'scream'-like sound! It's also nice to not have to hover over the cauldron, now we can just read the item at top of the Witch.

Did they increase character description length?If so, that is pretty nice!
Old 04-16-2015, 04:02 PM

hmm what do I like about the update............. It killed the botters. End of story.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz