Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > General

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you like the fortress?
It's great. 5 20.83%
It's good. 10 41.67%
It's ok. 8 33.33%
It's boring. 0 0%
I don't like it at all. 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2015, 06:49 AM
Community Manager

Default Fortress Feedback!

Please use this thread to post your feedback what you like and dislike about the fortress.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 10-07-2015, 01:45 PM

I like that is is something other then that I have to say the fortress is the worst update that has come out for S+F.

Pros:
Dungeon 14

Academy (Kinda) needs a bigg reservoir to hold exp so you don't have to login every 90 minutes.

cons:
troops ( if I wanted to play a strategy game I would find either an online one or play romance of the three kingdoms) it has also caused infighting in some guilds which is counter productive imo.

gems (waste of time searching for tiny bonuese if you can even find good gear that will hold them)

how much recourses needed to level past lvl 5 or 6 is too much also how long it takes to upgrade at the same levels is way to long.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bobo baggins For This Useful Post:
Neophyte (12-16-2015)
Old 10-08-2015, 12:03 AM
Truffle Shuffler

The only gripe I have of it is if your building up all you see is lvl 1-15 builds. While others are seeing what defense level your at 40-xxx. It would be nice to know what defense lvl your at while doing builds

I like it voted good something different more than quality has some missing items

would be nice in the pvp side of it to know how many soldiers you have and what your facing as its playing out no reverse body counts your fighting blind and have no way to know next time you need more or less.
Also in pvp if your soldiers are not killed and win you should get the surviving soldiers returning as in now you send 20 they all die even though you win but 20 go you use 1 return the 19 and don't penalize us for attacking

Last edited by voom; 10-09-2015 at 01:27 AM.
Old 10-08-2015, 05:23 AM
Mushroom Collector

I voted "It's good."

+ Good balance with building progress; there are some reasonable restrictions along the way while still allowing us some leeway on how to progress.
+ PvP aspect.

Dislike
- I agree with Bobo on this one, Academy capacity should be MUCH more right from Lv1. Especially for this small amount of XP points, having to claim them that often is too much and just ends up seeming useless.

- Can't search for gems while ANY construction is underway. It's bad enough that it takes hours (and on higher levels, probably days) to search for one gem. (One gem that btw might be a useless secondary stats or that we'll use on an armor that is replaced soon.) I suggest letting us search for gems at any time but not while the Gem Mine is under construction.

- Confusion over opponents' Fortifications levels. Please have the actual level also shown in our own Fortifications' tooltip.

- Lack of basic gameplay info in-game; some of us would rather be able to figure out easily enough how to play without having to refer to an off-site manual. Basic info that's missing IG: Soldiers are for attacks only, Archers and Battle Mages for defense only, all Soldiers sent to battle are lost, an opponent's number of Mages not known due to "invisibility" spell, a clock timer to show the 48hr protection after building Fortress Lv1, same (8hr) for Fortress after an attack, an indication that Woodcutter's Hut and Quarry are vulnerable to attacks.

Overall, I do like the Fortress update but for reasons mentioned above, I don't find the rewards themselves enough for the time put into into building the whole fortress.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sita For This Useful Post:
godevil (10-15-2015), Leander (10-08-2015), Neophyte (12-16-2015)
Old 10-15-2015, 05:55 PM
Blacksmith

So far im loving update,only change im looking forward to is extended bar on academy so we don't have to collect xp every 2h before it fills up completely. some people sleep.

Last edited by Tilithia; 10-15-2015 at 05:57 PM.
Old 11-07-2015, 04:43 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Would love to be able to search for gems while we wait for the friggin 7 day upgrades
The Following User Says Thank You to feefty For This Useful Post:
Neophyte (12-16-2015)
Old 11-08-2015, 02:14 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Only thing i don't like is that you can't look for gems while building. This makes it so, that gems are only for those who have all fort buildings maxed.
The Following User Says Thank You to MercuryGC For This Useful Post:
Neophyte (12-16-2015)
Old 11-14-2015, 11:39 AM
Crusader

Well, I've been playing the fortress long enough to come to an opinion, and although I rated it "ok", it is a major disappointment. My major complaint is that to compete at the highest levels you not only need to buy mushrooms but need to buy massive numbers of mushrooms.

1) watching a video used to win you a mushroom. Now it wins you 3 coins. If you watch 63 videos a day you will get 189 coins, one short of 20 spins on the wheel. Since there is one mushroom icon on the wheel of 10 possible prizes, you will win an average of 6 mushrooms a day. Yeah, you get some other crud, but only 6 mushrooms. For 60 videos. That's 10 videos for one mushroom, which costs 3 cents during mushroom sales. So basically we are now being paid 1/3 of a cent per video watched. Curb my enthusiasm.

This also makes it impossible to train for 300 min/day regardless of how many videos you watch since 6 mushrooms per day will not even cover the 9 mushrooms you need, much less POETLs and dragon mounts.

2) Fortress-village upgrades can be skipped for mushrooms, but at a cost of 1 mushroom per 10 minutes skipped. Not a big advantage at low levels, but once one reaches levels 10 and above where upgrades take days the advantage is immense to someone willing to spend the cash. You can jump 6 days ahead of your competitors for the cost of 864 mushrooms. I haven't done the calculations--someone else probably has--but someone willing to spend $1000 or so could jump way ahead of those of us not willing to do so.

The same goes for gems. Upgrading the mine makes mining for gems take more rather then less time. WTF? Of course, you can have your gem immediately rather than in 6 hours for only 36 mushrooms...

3) Ranking in the fortresses is based not on the level of your buildings or the number of soldiers, mages, etc. but on the number of fortress battles won. How do you win battles? Well, the easiest way is to spend mushrooms to skip opponents until you find one you can beat. Of course, you will eventually run out of soldiers, who take 10 min to train. This, at least, you can't buy your way out of. And of course, there are many more beatable opponents if you have spent mushrooms to skip days of time on upgrades.

4) gems can be used on the minions in the tower. But I'm on level 97. Tower levels give a 1% over baseline gold bonus. Right now I have 200% guild bonus and 97% tower bonus. So I can push myself from 297% to 300% if I beat those last 3 tower levels. Let's see: upgrade minion's equipment, upgrade minions, buy gems...for a 1% increase in the gold i'm earning now? What's the payback time on that? Once the tower is beaten the tower minions are useless.

5) the 14th dungeon. So what? I rapidly beat 7 levels, now I'm stuck at level 8, doing around 50% damage. I could do more damage, of course. All I'd need to do is spend 1000 mushrooms or so upgrading all my equipment to gemmable epics and then buy gems. That might get me another dungeon level or 2. For the prize of...another epic, which at best will be a minimal upgrade over all the equipment I just bought, and more likely will be all-luck and useless for anything other than the toilet.

I could go on, but you get the point. Unfortunately, Playa was either very greedy or very desperate and weighted this upgrade heavily towards those willing to spend large amounts of cash: those who buy the 1000 mushroom gold frames, for example. I've already cut back to 100 min/day training on server 1, and with my mushroom stash dropping below 700 I can no longer afford to keep my potions up to date. It's a matter of months before I have to decide between a big mushroom purchase and moving on.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spiny norman For This Useful Post:
Fartensburgh (11-14-2015), godevil (11-14-2015), Neophyte (12-16-2015)
Old 11-14-2015, 10:22 PM

I agree with you whole heartedly on fortress. But I do like gems in that it does help some and it has helped me on 2 of the servers I play on 3rd server I have all tower lvls cleared. they need to make gem searching possible while upgrading other buildings.(I can see no gem searching during mine upgrade)

I also like dungeon 14 BUT it would have been nice that the wall wasn't so soon being that I have a lvl 375 toon I am also stuck on dungeon 8.( considering that there are 20 dungeons in dungeon 14 it should have been split into 2 dungeons 14 and 15.)

Academy is also nice for some extra exp but having to login and or check fortress every hour or so for academy is crazy that needs to be fixed.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz

Last edited by bobo baggins; 11-15-2015 at 09:56 AM. Reason: added some info
Old 11-15-2015, 11:57 AM
Crusader

I don't see the big deal about having to check in at the academy every couple of hours to collect XP. You have to check in every hour to launch a dungeon attack. You need to check in every 2.5-10 minutes to launch a quest. You need to check in every 10 minutes to attack in the arena. You need to check in every 5 minutes to attack in the fortress.