Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > General

Notices

Old 04-15-2016, 09:45 AM
Fidget's Griffin

Default Pet Hints and Tips

Instead of trying to parse out things in the other thread, let's keep hints and tips in one thread.

Post things you KNOW are true here.

I'll start

If you put your pet fruit in the toilet, it only gives you 10 points.

Behind every crazy woman is a man who made her that way! *AMEN!*
Old 04-16-2016, 09:31 AM
Crusader

This may not meet Med's suggestion that we only post stuff we know to be true, since some is opinion, but take from it what you will:

1) Fire>Earth>Light>Shadow>Water>Fire, etc. in a circle

Not clear whether Fire has any advantage over anyone other than earth, however

2) All your battles for the same day will be against opponents with the same attribute. So don't waste your level 3 light against a level 1 shadow because you may need it against a level 2 or 3 shadow.

3) advantages are relative, not absolute. Level 2 light will probably beat a similarly matched level 2 shadow, but is unlikely to beat a level 3 shadow.

4) Pay more attention to the level of your opponents than the sum or even average of your opponents. A level 4 is much better than two level 2's.

5) Searching the habitats is confusing due to the overlap of the names of the pets you have and the pets in the habitat. The picture that pops up is the picture of the creature you will battle. The pet you will be battling with is the one you had highlighted when you clicked on the "habitat" button. So if it shows a picture of Ocodile, and yours is level 4, but says "explore now with Goldy?", you will be battling an Ocodile with your level 1 goldfish. And you will lose.

6) Hoard your fruit. Having 6 apples may clutter up your inventory now, but if you have 3 earth pets it's only a 2 day supply. This problem will disappear when you have 5 or 10 pets. Consider holding some fruit in reserve. A level 6 pet is better than 2 level 3's. Save a piece of fruit to feed your highest level pet tomorrow before you feed your lower level pets today.

7) Selecting shorter quests over longer quests will give you more chances per day to find fruit an eggs.

8) It is possible and perhaps likely that certain types of fruit and eggs can only be found on particular types of terrain. Skull island, for example, might give only plums and water pet eggs. This needs to be further explored. Since water pets give strength, warriors would benefit from questing in terrain that gives water eggs and fruit.

edited to add: I have been tracking this today, and don't have enough information to say that it is definitively true since I have seen so far only 8 fruit drops, but so far they seem to be following a pretty consistent pattern. Wet places (flooded caldwell, eg) drop plums (water fruit), hot nasty places (Magmaron, eg) drop strawberries (fire fruit), Sunny pleasant places (Evernight woods is nicer than you would think) drop lemons (light fruit), and dark nasty places (moldy forest, eg) drop grapes (shadow fruit). I have not had an apple drop since I started paying attention.

The only place so far where I have seen 2 drops was Magmaron (the lava place) and it dropped strawberries both times.

Last edited by spiny norman; 04-16-2016 at 01:30 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spiny norman For This Useful Post:
MedusasSnakes (04-17-2016), Palaven (04-21-2016)
Old 04-17-2016, 07:36 AM
Blacksmith

Skull Island confirmed twice.
Just found blue egg in Magmaron....doesn't make much sense. something else is at play.

Last edited by Tilithia; 04-17-2016 at 07:39 AM.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:03 AM
Fidget's Griffin

Pet habitat level 4/10 - the monsters are level 14.

Old 04-19-2016, 12:02 PM
Community Manager

What are your pets' levels that you defeated the level 10 creature? Level 10 vs. level 10 doesn't work for me.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 04-19-2016, 08:22 PM
Fidget's Griffin

I have a level 11 pet.

Last edited by MedusasSnakes; 04-19-2016 at 08:26 PM.
Old 04-20-2016, 12:08 AM
Blacksmith

Level 11 didn't work for me aswell. But from that I went straight to 13-14 and everything went smoothly.
Old 04-20-2016, 05:14 AM
Community Manager

Wow! My best pet is level 10. I don't find food.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 04-20-2016, 06:03 AM
Fidget's Griffin

That's my best server.

The other servers don't look so good lol

I haven't started playing yet today, so hopefully things will improve all the way around.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:58 AM
Blacksmith

You play on more then one server?

Where do you guys find the time?