Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Community Area > Off Topic

Notices

Old 11-16-2011, 04:44 AM
Stable Boy

@Dominic

My understanding of the matter is:
Shakes and Fidget started out as a comic about two love-able characters out of the a certain MMORPG game with over ten million players created by a certain gaming company (against forum rules to mention them, I believe; but everyone knows what I'm talking about I'm sure). The comic's popularity grew until eventually the two original creators started creating Shakes and Fidget merchandise. This is when the gaming company stepped in and took legal action. I believe that is why these forums, since it is the official forums for SnF, prohibit users for mentioning products by said gaming company.

@mmorpgplayer
The graphics and battle mechanics are pretty nice but the level design for FFXIII is frankly too linear. Compared to previous best selling Final Fantasy games (FF7 through to FF10, pretty much) where you could do whatever you pleased, it was quite a let-down for many. But I can understand why many find it a great game - truth be told, after spending hours on games like Skyrim sometimes a bit of linearity is appreciated

Also: show of hands, who's getting Mass Effect 3?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blackhatnot For This Useful Post:
DominicS (11-16-2011), iTZKooPA (11-17-2011), Minnow (11-17-2011)
Old 11-17-2011, 12:56 PM
Truffle Shuffler

I remember seeing the comics in the early heydey of that soulsucking game and they were hilarious! I really feel for the creators of S&F, Lawyers can suck the soul right out of you (not all, but at least here in the USA, Lawsuits are WAAAY out of hand).

I played Battle Realms, thought it was beautiful (sorry the artist was a tool, but arrogance happens alot, especially if they have other shortcomings).

Medal of Honor was one of my favorite shooters because of the realism, don't know much about the followups.

I can't wait to try Skyrim (Morrowind was awesome, as long as you got a difficulty slider to keep it interesting), the new Star Wars MMORPG (it's gotta be better than Galaxies at least) and there is a third game, third in a series, that i'm looking forward too. Fable was awesome but too short, what about the second one?

I enjoy LOTR online, Conan blew and not sure about Bloodmoon yet, but so far it's not as good as s&f. Dragon Age Origins was excellent, Awakenings was pretty good. Haven't heard great things about DA2, maybe it's the same kind thing they had with Knights of the Old Republic (awesome) and KOTOR 2 (not so good), rushed out and unfinished.

Last edited by Minnow; 11-17-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:39 PM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

You all have no souls. How could both Zelda Skyward Sword and Mario Land 3D have been overlooked?
Old 11-18-2011, 03:13 AM
Blacksmith

@Minnow: DA2 was pretty bad ,but DAO is one of my fav games.

You forgot to mention GOD OF WAR.

Last edited by WebsteR; 11-18-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:26 AM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

Sadly, God of War is one of those franchises I've never gotten around to playing.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:35 PM
Blacksmith

Too bad iTZKooPA its one os the best hack and slash youll ever find.

The first 2 parts were PS2 exclusive and the 3rd was for the PS3 ,there are 2 parts for the PSP but they dont have much to do whit the story.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:39 AM
Stable Boy

Agreed, DA2's strategy and story elements were complete trash when compared to DA: O. Its saving grace is the fact that they made the combat much more fast paced. I think if Bioware combines DA: O and DA2 (epic storyline and more strategic combat with the faster pace of DA2), then DA3 will truly be a game to remember. DA2 didn't "fail" because it was unfinished, it failed because I think they tried to fix what was lacking in DA: O but took it a little bit too far.

Skyrim is very, very good. Of course there is a little problem with the main storyline (a little bug where a major character loses his voice, but that can be fixed with a mod), and it's a little bit too short, but the amount of other things you can do in the game is unreal. Also, it appears as if there will actually be unlimited quests for you to do (several factions will offer you quests where the quest objective is generic, and it looks like these quests never end). Definitely worth a shot. They also fixed the terribly clunky leveling system of Oblivion.

And if anyone's into shooter games, Battlefield 3 has astounding graphics and amazing an amazing multiplayer experience. The singleplayer campaign was meh, but still well made and interesting enough for me to finish it in one go. The multiplayer, though. Magical.

Although I could be a little bit biased towards the Battlefield series; been a regular player since I was around 12
The Following User Says Thank You to blackhatnot For This Useful Post:
WebsteR (01-21-2012)
Old 11-22-2011, 02:13 PM
Community Manager

I don't like single player games that much but the wait for an outstanding RPG is over: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim!

I simply love it.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
DominicS (11-22-2011), Lord Arse (01-20-2012)
Old 01-19-2012, 10:27 PM
Blacksmith

Send a message via Skype™ to moreum
Default ANNO 2070

Hey recently I have stumbled upon and bought ANNO 2070 it's a strategy building game which is the latest out of its series. I wonder if somebody is playing it here. You can also download a demo if you want to check it out.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:51 AM
Blacksmith

Skyrim has had me completely hooked now for the last couple of months. It's one of them "just 5 more minutes then bed" games where you suddenly realise it's gone 1am and you have to be up in 5 hours... every day of the bloomin' week!