Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Help & Questions

Notices

Old 05-21-2016, 03:01 PM
Blacksmith

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedusasSnakes View Post
That's untrue,

I play on w1.

It resets at 6 p.m. my time. At midnight my time I hit the guild portal. It doesn't start flashing again until midnight the following day. If I do not attack it right at midnight my time, it will flash at me until I attack it, but not the entire time.
I will repeat.

If player's timezone differs from server's timezone portal acts incorrectly. Both flashing and attack possibility.

What exactly is "untrue"?
Old 05-21-2016, 04:33 PM
Truffle Shuffler

I guess they never plan to fix it? It's W7 i'm on.
Old 05-22-2016, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvm1975 View Post
I will repeat.

If player's timezone differs from server's timezone portal acts incorrectly. Both flashing and attack possibility.

Well I haven't see it on the 3 US server I play on in months and none of them are the same timezone as me. So it is either a flash issue or browser issue at least it most likely is. Or it is an OS one.

All I can say is that some ppl are still getting it and some are not.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 05-22-2016, 08:09 AM
Crusader

this is a problem related to differences between the times of server reset and demon portal reset. I "fixed" it by waiting until just before server reset to attack the portal. It still has the same annoying behavior, but now it only happens in the middle of the night between the server and the portal reset rather than all day.
Old 05-22-2016, 09:20 AM
Truffle Shuffler

I can try that but won't the guild button continue to flash at you because you hadn't entered the portal?
Old 05-22-2016, 10:03 AM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvm1975 View Post
I will repeat.

But they don't act incorrectly. They simply start flashing at midnight local time. They reset for each person/time zone at midnight.

w1 resets at 6 p.m. local time, but the portals don't reset until midnight local time.

s10 resets at 3 a.m. local time, but if I log into that server at midnight, it's flashing, though I'm unable to attack it until the game resets.

s8 resets at local time midnight as do the portals.

It's no different that when it's "day" and "night" with the pets. It's based on server time, whereas the portals are reset at local time (even if you can't attack them until server reset time).

Yes, it would be great if everything was set on one time or the other, but it all boils down to timing.

The portals used to reset at midnight local time for each person, but one of the updates screwed it up and it's never been fixed. We've had to adjust.

Behind every crazy woman is a man who made her that way! *AMEN!*
Old 05-22-2016, 10:15 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Thanks Medusa, so I guess I need to figure out when International 7 resets? Then what? Also, how do I find out when 7 resets? I'm in US, east coast. Thanks!
Old 05-22-2016, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
Thanks Medusa, so I guess I need to figure out when International 7 resets? Then what? Also, how do I find out when 7 resets? I'm in US, east coast. Thanks!
all servers reset at 00:00 server time u can check that in chat as all chat messages show server time.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
The Following User Says Thank You to bobo baggins For This Useful Post:
MadDawg (05-22-2016)
Old 05-24-2016, 06:38 AM
Truffle Shuffler

I just want to follow up on this in case someone else has the same problem. I was able to fix the issue. I'm on the East Coast of the US and server time is 6 hours ahead of my time. What I was doing was clicking on the portal before midnight my time but after the server reset which is 6pm my time. I think what the other were trying to say is to wait. So I waited until the next morning when both the server day and the day here in the US were the same. No more problem with the flashing guild button or asking me to enter the portal when I already had. Best of luck, good hunting!
The Following User Says Thank You to MadDawg For This Useful Post:
bobo baggins (05-24-2016)
Old 05-24-2016, 04:58 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
I just want to follow up on this in case someone else has the same problem. I was able to fix the issue. I'm on the East Coast of the US and server time is 6 hours ahead of my time. What I was doing was clicking on the portal before midnight my time but after the server reset which is 6pm my time. I think what the other were trying to say is to wait. So I waited until the next morning when both the server day and the day here in the US were the same. No more problem with the flashing guild button or asking me to enter the portal when I already had. Best of luck, good hunting!
I'm glad you got it figured out. I know the flashing is annoying

Behind every crazy woman is a man who made her that way! *AMEN!*