Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 07-17-2010, 09:53 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Mushrom page broken

Can't buy mushrooms on sale day when it's broken, or is it just me?
Old 07-17-2010, 10:06 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Got the same problem. The mushrooms page gives me nothing but a background picture.

-Ess
Old 07-17-2010, 10:26 AM
Sheep

Send a message via AIM to spacey Send a message via Skype™ to spacey

Oh good, I am not the only one having trouble then.

I get the same thing, just the background image, cannot pull up any way to buy them.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:37 AM
Supreme Adventurer

Y'all may need to log out and clear your temporary internet files. I have tried Firefox and Internet Explorer on both s1 and s2 with no trouble.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:48 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Still not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbound View Post
Y'all may need to log out and clear your temporary internet files. I have tried Firefox and Internet Explorer on both s1 and s2 with no trouble.

I tried what you said... cleared Temp Int Files in BOTH FireFox and IE... even used a third party program to CCleaner to wipe out everything includeing index.dat and it's still showing up blank for the Mushroom buying page.

Any other suggestions?
Old 07-17-2010, 12:52 PM
Adventurer

Faster internet?

Seriously, though, I saw that this morning (right after reset). I set my dudes to sleepy guard and closed the browser.

If you have chrome or firefox, you may need to go to task manager and "End Process" if they are hanging. If you are using IE, I recommend restarting your machine.

Normally, closing your browser window with Google Chrome will burn through some of the caching problems, otherwise you'll need to clear Chrome's cache manually.

I don't know what CCleaner does, but I typically don't trust third party stuff to clean my cache. Windows/Mac are both somewhat effective at getting rid of Internet cache unless they are spyware/malware compromised. Third party stuff tends to be spyware/malware.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:55 PM
Truffle Shuffler

I use Malwarebytes and SuperAnti to clean daily so I know cc is good times... I'll do as you suggest.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:00 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDude2 View Post
Faster internet?

Seriously, though, I saw that this morning (right after reset). I set my dudes to sleepy guard and closed the browser.

If you have chrome or firefox, you may need to go to task manager and "End Process" if they are hanging. If you are using IE, I recommend restarting your machine.

Normally, closing your browser window with Google Chrome will burn through some of the caching problems, otherwise you'll need to clear Chrome's cache manually.

I don't know what CCleaner does, but I typically don't trust third party stuff to clean my cache. Windows/Mac are both somewhat effective at getting rid of Internet cache unless they are spyware/malware compromised. Third party stuff tends to be spyware/malware.

Nope dude... still Nadda... reboot didn't help.

It's not a slow comp.. I'm running Windows 7... 8 GB Ram...

I went to my laptop and tried to use XP to see if it was the diff... nope... same on my lap top
Old 07-17-2010, 02:07 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Seems to me to be a Windows 7 thing. I can't see the page at home. Cleared cache, tired IE and Firefox. But at work on a XP machine I could see it just fine, same with a mac OSX. First time I haven't been able to see anything from S&F at home.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:31 PM
Adventurer

I, on the other hand, can't access the mushroom page from Mac OSX (running Safari, already tried everything suggested as "tech support", namely clearing temp internet files, restarting my comp, restarting my internet connection, restarting the browser (all separate events), and clearing cookies). One of my guild-mates is running IE of somesort and Win XP and his page also doesn't work. My mushroom page also doesn't work on the UK server.