Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 06-15-2010, 04:27 PM
Blacksmith

Default Thirst/Skip option

First of all,I would like to say that I hate skip option and I think that its stupid way to spend your money.

Second, can someone tell me why is there limitation on how many beers you can drink? If I'm not mistaken you can drink beer 10 times a day expanding your total thirst to 300.
So, my suggestion would be to remove 10 beers limit per day, and allow players to play whole day long as much as they wish.
Every time you want to increase your thirst by 20 you pay 1 mushroom and so on, and you can do that as much as you can.
I'm sorry if this was brought up, i had a long day and forgot to search forums.
So, tell me what do you guys think.

Last edited by goku; 06-15-2010 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:36 PM
Adventurer

Skip feature is great for those of us with a schedule to keep to. Nothing like telling your kids you're late to pick them up for soccer practice because you were waiting for your tavern quest to finish.

As for limitation on beers, it's a balance issue to prevent a character from going 1-100 in one day. Also, to prevent player at level 150 from 'buying' his place in the ranking by spending $1,000,000.00. While game pplz would probably love the income, their player base would disappear lickety split and the company would lose all credibility.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:35 PM
Mushroom Collector

The skip option is a great way to get more casual but richer players into the fray. Just adds to the pool of fodder imo. I am able to rack up more lambchops with more sheep to slay.
I come to give your throat a smile with a simple cue, for it is but your purse and life I persue. Again and again I find myself with another body to turn blue. For you see, I am the stuff of nightmares, your worst dreams come true. Proud member of "none" For those we have defeated, hope your wounds are healing well. For those in front of us, , , we are comming.

http://forum.sfgame.us/showpost.php?p=4985&postcount=80
Old 07-05-2010, 08:26 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDude2 View Post
Skip feature is great for those of us with a schedule to keep to. Nothing like telling your kids you're late to pick them up for soccer practice because you were waiting for your tavern quest to finish.
Um, I sure hope that NO ONE was telling their kids they would be late to pick them up from soccer practice because they were waiting for a tavern quest to finish (before OR after the skip button). If they were, that's a perfect example of why some people shouldn't be allowed to breed.

Anyways. Back to the topic.
I think removing the cap for beers consumed is a bad idea. Right now the difference between paying and non-paying players is obviously out of balance (ask the top 200 players how many of them play with shrooms...oh, gee, lookie that), but it's not so far out of balance that us non-mushie players feel like we're being robbed of a good playing experience. Sure, I *clearly* have a disadvantage from paying players, but I'm OK with that. The difference level-wise is only about 2:1, which isn't so bad. If you remove the 300 thirst cap? The imbalance between mushroom players and non-mushroom players would be obscene. And it would completely deter "free" players, especially the ones like about half of my guild yesterday that said "oh, hey. There's a mushroom sale today. Maybe I'll buy a few mushrooms to spend on a mount? Yeah, let's do that". I personally think a lot of players, 100% freebies and the "maybe I'll pay a little" players would either stop playing the game, or wouldn't join at all in the first place. Wouldn't be a very smart marketing move.