Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Help & Questions

Notices

Old 06-24-2017, 09:43 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Looking For a Senpai

Pretty straight forward here. I've read through the forums, I've watched videos. However, I feel that actually talking to someone and going through all of my questions is the best way I learn. Anyone with ample game knowledge willing to devote a bit of time (During your play time is just fine?) and hop on discord or TS3 so I can throw a million questions at you about the game?
Old 06-24-2017, 10:21 AM
Community Manager

You can also post them here. We are here to help!

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 06-24-2017, 10:28 AM
Truffle Shuffler

The sheer amount of questions I have will be like reading a book as opposed to having a teacher answer the questions! And perhaps a friendship would be made! However, since you asked... allow me to go CaRaZy with questions!

Starting off with my experience knowledge, it was like a year ago and I hit lvl 30 as a ranger I believe.

1: We are at the starting line. The gun shoots to begin the race. What is most important? Do quests with most EXP first? I remember the first time using mushrooms to get a book that makes you get more exp or something whenever you discover items, is that still a thing?

2: What do you guys do with your first 30 minutes of gameplay (Even if it involves using RL $$)

3: Bam, level 10, I assume at this point you grind PvP and join/create a guild?

4: How do you spend your mushrooms to try and keep up with the headrunners? How much would 1 expect to have to pay to stay in the top 30 (Assuming time isn't a factor).

5: Lets say you hit level 20, are your priorities changing in quests? Do you still just pick the highest exp yeilding quest? If so, when does that change.

6: I've never had a pet before, is that later in the games?

7: From the threads I've read, you usually pick the slower mount first, then get the higher one after, is there a reason for this? Instead of going for the higher mounts right away.

8: Everyone has their own opinions as to what is strongest for PvE / PvP. From what I recall, hunter tends to lead the front with highest lvl. Early on, mages own dungeons more than everyone else? Warriors are super beefy end game?

9: I have a million more questions, I'll let these be the starting few.
Old 06-24-2017, 05:50 PM
Fidget's Griffin

I'm lvl 430 Mage on the first server I started. I'm nearly lvl 400 on two other servers I play on.

I am a guild leader on one and an officer on the other two.

People are going to disagree with what I'm going to say, but that's what makes the game fun - we can ALL play the game we want. There are no hard limits on how you play the game. It is NOT linear!

You ask how to start out. It depends on if you want to go for gold or exp. Do you want to be uber strong or do you want to level fast? There are advantages to both.

If you go the gold route, and I have seen people go this way, be 30 levels below me, and KICK MY BUTT, then you will have super high stats.

If you go the EXP route, you are going to level faster, you will initially get more gold (maybe) because you are leveling faster, and you will move up.

For ME, I started exp for the first 50 levels, then I moved to gold until lvl 150, then went exp until lvl 392 (which is when you hit the exp cap for each lvl - 1.5 bill) and now I'm back to gold hunting.

You mention PvP a lot - I, personally, have used the arena a total of maybe 50 times over 430 levels, and 10 of those were recently in order to acquire one of the achievements. Many people love the arena (PvP) - I'm not one of them. Yes, I'm losing out on some exp, because you get exp for the first 10 battles you win in the arena, but it's just not something that thrills me, so I don't use it. Again, that's just me, and I'm sure people would disagree about the arena.

You asked about the scrapbook (the book you said you bought with shrooms - now you find it in the magic shop after you hit level 10, I think) - yes, it's very much still in use, and vital to playing the best game possible.

I'm not sure who said buy a low level mount at first, but ummmm, nope. If you want to be competitive, then get your griffin/dragon, and get going. When I first started playing I thought I would be JUST FINE with the tiger mount. I quickly found out I was wrong once I started using the griffin, and I've never went back - in 6 1/2 years.

Mushrooms - buy thirst, keep your griffin mount. Those are the two best ways to use your shrooms. I play 320 thirst a day on all my servers. No one can say how much you'll spend. I do not waste my shrooms. I don't use them to skip tasks. It has to be a heck of an epic if I'm going to buy it from the shop (not just 3 or 4 extra stat points), etc. My shrooms are for my mount and my thirst, and MAYBE every 4 months for epics (because at my level, we don't see a lot of huge stat point jumps on new epics).

The pets are a new thing. When you reach level 75, the pet arena opens. You get pet eggs in quests and one or two in the shops. You get fruit from quests and defeating other pets in the pet arena. You feed your pets to build them up. For every pet you find, you get a bonus to your stats.

Each class has its own advantages and disadvantages. I have never played a warrior, and from all of the complaining, I never will. They seem to be at quite a disadvantage across the board.

Maybe because Mage was my first character, but I'm still in love with her. She started off hard because she dies so easily, but once I had her built up, well, I have 38 million hit points and 15 mill damage. She's a beast.

I play scout/hunter on the other two servers. They are good. They are strong. I still prefer my mage. I'd read the threads saying how overpowered the scouts were and when I started my new servers I made my characters scouts. I don't see them as overpowered; they are simply just as strong as the others. It is all in how you build up your characters, if you put gold toward the substats (the ones not your main stats), and the gear you choose/get lucked into.

Ultimately, take advice, listen to others, but PLAY YOUR GAME. Do not allow anyone to say to you, "This is how you must play if you want to be in first."

I am in first place on my mage server. I've been there for 3 years. I don't attack in the arena. I get attacked, but I win. I switch between exp and gold, depending on if I'm close to a level. I have a griffin at all times. I play 320 thirst a day, without fail. I have a 99% full scrapbook. And I love this game, because I've always played it my way.

Behind every crazy woman is a man who made her that way! *AMEN!*
The Following User Says Thank You to MedusasSnakes For This Useful Post:
Leander (06-25-2017)
Old 06-24-2017, 05:57 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Which server you on?
1. YOU NEED THE BOOK AS IT ADDS EXP BONUS, and is a 1 time buy..
Find keys to open dungeons.

Other wise there are a few ways to advance quickly.. 1 is min max until you cant fight easy, then SIT and rebuild your character.. to include abit of defense.. that is fast build.

2. Just do the game, as there is nothing special to do..Inspect character, and know what you are doing, and then just do missions..

3.?? JOIN anyone anytime, and they can help also. Grind, yes..but there are a few different grinds..Eityher go EXP, or MONEY..money will help you balance each ability and put points where you want them...EXP is just your levels..

4. Mushrooms..and Choices. Buy or NOT to buy is your Choice..Iv seen a person take 6 months to get to #1..which means you wont have much of a life. IF you save mushrooms then you can use them to MAKE MORE TIME to do missions..OR BUY them and do the same..Expect about 1-5 per day.. TOP 30?? well see you in 6 months to 1 year...And Maybe longer..depending on Battles and Mushrooms..
You dont need Mushrooms to battle..pnly for missions..

5. I mentioned before..you have 2 main paths..EXP or money..money can help balance your person..(I have my own math to do this) and EXP which will gain levels...Levels help something, but NOT all .. As a min/max you will find those that you can kill quick and easy, and gain levels fighting. AND abit of money.. You will get to a point that it does not work, very well, and you start loosing allot..THEN you need to ADD POINTS to your abilities, then go to MONEY..

6. Pets will appear soon..between 50-100 ALLOT of things appear..WATCH FOR MIRROR PIECES

7. Go for the 30%...Later if you wish, go to 50%...IF YOU WANT..

8. Rangers are balanced, Mages get HIT damage and loose HP, Fighters get CONSTITUTION BONUS and armour..(mage I suggest LUCK, and its not easy)
READ the descriptions for each ability..Hover over each..
Old 06-24-2017, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahmahn View Post
The sheer amount of questions I have will be like reading a book as opposed to having a teacher answer the questions! And perhaps a friendship would be made! However, since you asked... allow me to go CaRaZy with questions!

Starting off with my experience knowledge, it was like a year ago and I hit lvl 30 as a ranger I believe.

1: We are at the starting line. The gun shoots to begin the race. What is most important? Do quests with most EXP first? I remember the first time using mushrooms to get a book that makes you get more exp or something whenever you discover items, is that still a thing?

2: What do you guys do with your first 30 minutes of gameplay (Even if it involves using RL $$)

3: Bam, level 10, I assume at this point you grind PvP and join/create a guild?

4: How do you spend your mushrooms to try and keep up with the headrunners? How much would 1 expect to have to pay to stay in the top 30 (Assuming time isn't a factor).

5: Lets say you hit level 20, are your priorities changing in quests? Do you still just pick the highest exp yeilding quest? If so, when does that change.

6: I've never had a pet before, is that later in the games?

7: From the threads I've read, you usually pick the slower mount first, then get the higher one after, is there a reason for this? Instead of going for the higher mounts right away.

8: Everyone has their own opinions as to what is strongest for PvE / PvP. From what I recall, hunter tends to lead the front with highest lvl. Early on, mages own dungeons more than everyone else? Warriors are super beefy end game?

9: I have a million more questions, I'll let these be the starting few.

!) as medusa said up to you. I go exp no matter what on 1 server I am top player in the top guild the other I am ranked 3rd. both are warriors as ppl know that is not an east feat.

2) Quests. in between I do arena and dungeons once opened. ( magic mirror helps a ton once you can get it.)

3) I pvp from level 1. as for a guild depending on if new server or not and if you plan on spending real money. old server find a guild and join. New server depending on if going hardcore or not plan on spending some money to max out guild.

4) Not including the guild bonuses if you start your own guild you will need 10 shrooms a day for questing (300 a month) 50% mount (50 a month) also depending budget and how hardcore u want to go expect to spend about 1000 additional shrooms a month. those would b used for clearing dungeons quicker( retrying before cooldown is done.) buying new gear ( I don't recommend using shrooms on gear till at least lvl 100+ as they get out dated quickly.) arena to fill SB quicker.

5) lvl 20 no changes. first small change is lvl 60 and that is to get mirror pieces.

6) pets start lvl 75 and they gives a stat bonus for each one you collect not opened.

7) if you plan on shrooming (cashing, spending) then get the 50% mount before you even do your first quest. if not then get with the 25 shrooms u get from validating email buy 50% mount then drop to 30% when it expires.

8) pvp each class has a class it can beat easier and also a harder one but any class can beat any other class depending on build and lvl. as for dungeons scouts rule followed by mages and warriors. as for guild wars I think warriors hold a small edge especially once you get to lvl 350+

from my understanding u plan on starting on the new server when it opens. maybe you want to start on an older one as a free player so you can see how things work. this way you make less errors in build and game style.

Also once u can open dungeon 6 expect it to take awhile the key for it is hard to find.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
The Following User Says Thank You to bobo baggins For This Useful Post:
Leander (06-25-2017)
Old 06-25-2017, 03:57 PM
Blacksmith

A couple of suggestions:

Classes are actually pretty balanced.
However Scouts have 50% chance to dodge a non-mage attack. That is the reason Scouts shine in extreme situations and are generally better for Dungeons.
It's simple math - if you roll dice enough times you will get 10 dodges in a row and your opponent won't and you will kill him.

I wouldn't advise playing Warrior. There are a couple of reasons but the main one is that because of additional item (shield) he is just harder to gear up and in the end more expensive to play.

Hall of Fame is all about stats.
Sooner or later you will be positioned there according to your stats. So I wouldn't stress much about loosing in Arena and just click it. Sometimes you will lose sometimes you will win. But still it's FREE XP.

XP or gold
I would recommend going full XP till at least level 125-175. Gold events won't give you that much at the beginning and with higher levels real gold starts coming in. Then you can switch to gold if you feel like it and on gold events.
After you hit 1,5 bilion xp per level (or even sooner) there's no real need for going XP (aside from xp events).

10th and 11th beer.
On those during your last mission, even if you have 2,5 minute left you can get a 10 minute mission (that lasts 2,5m minute). So you should always try get a short mission as your last on those two beers.
Yeah, sounds strange. Ask in your guild, people will explain this.

Cost of playing
To have fun you need to spend 13 shrooms a day (mount + beers).
If you really want to go all in you need (on avarage!) 13 more per day for Wheel of Fortune.

400 shrooms a month doesn't sound so bad, but people tend to keep all 3 mixtures up at all times and that will cost you 100-250 shrooms a month (preferably spent on epic event).

Stats
You should invest of course mainly in your main stat and Vitality.
As for the rest I wouldn't invest more then 2k points. 2,5k points for secondary stat would be pushing it.

Last edited by Arturu; 06-25-2017 at 03:59 PM.
Old 06-25-2017, 06:19 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Thanks for all the input! I know there isn't a "meta" in the game, but it's still nice to hear what people do. More questions incoming.

1: Are there specific bosses / dungeons worth farming over and over again for a specific loot? Or should I always be focus on purely progressing as far as I can.

2: Class Specific question: Wizards, it seems there are 2 ways to build them, you can either go mostly damage some life or you can split damage and reach 50% luck. Do you guys feel that one is easier to maintain and better for dungeon progression?

3: If you get the exp book early on (day 1), should you be buying the shop gear to help increase the numbers? Or will you slowly over time just see it in battles.

4: Is there any benefit to owning your own guild or being an officer?

5: On weapons, what is more important, raw damage with +all stats, or + primary stat and decent damage.

6: Why do multiple dungeon keys drop if you only need 1 to open it?

7: I've seen youtube videos and photos of people with over 7k mushrooms, how is that possible? Did they really spend hundreds of dollars? Or am I missing something.

8: How many times would you reroll the shop to get your book? I'm sure it's RNG based and some people may get really unlucky, would you stop after 10 retries?

9: Is there a point to making multiple characters on the same server?

10: If you could restart your character from level 1 and reach where you currently are now in 1 hour, would you have done anything different?

11: Are there any items pre-lvl 150 in the shop that you would spend mushrooms on?
Old 06-25-2017, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahmahn View Post
Thanks for all the input! I know there isn't a "meta" in the game, but it's still nice to hear what people do. More questions incoming.

1: Are there specific bosses / dungeons worth farming over and over again for a specific loot? Or should I always be focus on purely progressing as far as I can.

2: Class Specific question: Wizards, it seems there are 2 ways to build them, you can either go mostly damage some life or you can split damage and reach 50% luck. Do you guys feel that one is easier to maintain and better for dungeon progression?

3: If you get the exp book early on (day 1), should you be buying the shop gear to help increase the numbers? Or will you slowly over time just see it in battles.

4: Is there any benefit to owning your own guild or being an officer?

5: On weapons, what is more important, raw damage with +all stats, or + primary stat and decent damage.

6: Why do multiple dungeon keys drop if you only need 1 to open it?

7: I've seen youtube videos and photos of people with over 7k mushrooms, how is that possible? Did they really spend hundreds of dollars? Or am I missing something.

8: How many times would you reroll the shop to get your book? I'm sure it's RNG based and some people may get really unlucky, would you stop after 10 retries?

9: Is there a point to making multiple characters on the same server?

10: If you could restart your character from level 1 and reach where you currently are now in 1 hour, would you have done anything different?

11: Are there any items pre-lvl 150 in the shop that you would spend mushrooms on?
1) each dungeon can only be cleared once. that being said clear them as fast as you can.

2) most ppl who have mages tend to go the damage route but when I had mages I went more balanced and it worked for me as tended to beat those damage mages cause they didn't have the HP to keep up with me.

3) I don't suggest buy gear just to fill SB do enough PVP and you will get everything.

4) being a guild leader or an officer or just a regular member not much differences other then that officers can start wars/raids and invite players to the guild or kick players. a guild leander can do that as well as promote and demote player to b an officer or a regular player also only the GL can post stuff on the guild wall. But IMO if you are gonna be a GL and a good one expect to spend money on maxing out guild (cost about 7k shrooms) if lucky you will have a few other shroomers that are willing to help with it but don't expect it.

5) depending on class will depend on what to use. warriors I found normal weapons with str onlt bonus is best other 2 classes either normal item or 3 stat epics can work. Also for me I found having a weapon with a better low end damge is best. some say high end is better but imo youwill tend to hit more at the low end then the high end so better to have the better low end side.

6) if you don't use the first key before you pick a quest you can have a chance to get another key as the opening of the dungeon triggers the code to not give that key anymore.

7) Yes ppl will spend that much and will actually use that much in a month. I had a player attack me in arena over 100+ times a day for over a month most of those attacks cost him a shroom an attack so as you see pplwill buy and yes spend them with out a thought.

8) if plying for free don't refresh to find it as most tend to get it within a week 2 at most without refreshing. if you shroom then yeah refresh till you get it. ( I believe you cant get it till you reach lvl 10 but don't quote me on that.)

9) making multiple characters on the same server will get you banned.

10) with my first toon yeah I would have started shrooming sooner

11) before lvl 100 nope except the PoeL's but after lvl 100 just epics and PoeL's and maybe a better weapon.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 06-26-2017, 02:25 AM
Wannabe Griffin

ART?
"Classes are actually pretty balanced.
However Scouts have 50% chance to dodge a non-mage attack. That is the reason Scouts shine in extreme situations and are generally better for Dungeons.
It's simple math - if you roll dice enough times you will get 10 dodges in a row and your opponent won't and you will kill him."

abit WRONG THERE i THINK..
25% for ranger, 50% on Fighter..(fighter has shield)
And the complainers on fighter tend to want a DPS(DAMAGE PER SECOND) not a TANK(EXTRA HEALTH AND DEFENSE)..and build them WRONG and dont see it..