Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Help & Questions > Character Advice

Notices

Character Advice Need help building your avatar? You've come to the right place.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:43 AM
Blacksmith

As a warrior you really don't need that much Dex. You should be focused mainly on str and con with some luck if you want it. Warriors have a hard start in the arena but it will all level out as you get higher leveled. The advantage of a warrior is their massive HPs so it takes a bit to build it up. Just keep leveling and putting your gold into your str and con and you should be beating up mages in no time.

The only thing that Dex and int will do for you is lessen some of the damage that scouts and mages do to you so they are not as important to upgrade unless you are having a particularly hard time on a dungeon monster.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:47 AM
Supreme Adventurer

In addition, if they are higher level than you but have lower stats, that doesn't mean they are going to be an easy pushover. Critical Hit, for example, is based on the level of the person you are fighting. The rate on your character screen is only if you are fighting someone equal level to you. Theer is also Armor which can reduce damage by up to 50%(warrior), 25%(scout), or 10%(mage).
Old 05-30-2010, 03:02 PM
Dummy

my base stats with warrior in lvl 10:

str 110
dex 55
int 52
consti 98
luck 71

with equipment
i have 5390 hp, but i have just 344-453 damage - its not so good damage(my weapon's damage 19-25), but it will be better.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Mushroom Collector

I just need to find a better weapon. Hopefully I'll be getting some mushrooms soon from paypal. Be able to get myself some decent gear. Stats are looking better though, at level 17.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeps View Post
I just need to find a better weapon. Hopefully I'll be getting some mushrooms soon from paypal. Be able to get myself some decent gear. Stats are looking better though, at level 17.
Have you gotten dungeon key yet? My Mr. Massacre is from there and +ALL is a welcome breather. I've been rationing my mushies like mad and even forgoing some exp and gold to increase my opportunities for drops (5 and 10 quests). Also, I sidestep the +int and +dex gear entirely. Every level opens up better gear and I hate blowing mushrooms on semi-good gear only to have pure gold* drop at midnight.

* pun intended. some of the best items don't cost mushies
Old 06-01-2010, 05:41 PM
Adventurer

the best stuff, for me anyway, seems to come from places other than the shops. Almost all of my good armor/weapons are either Epic drops, or quest rewards (I used the same helmet from level 18 or so until level 42). As a warrior, I try to focus on +str or +str/+con items.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, Keeps. My gear under level 20 was pretty unremarkable as well.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell
Read the Shakes & Fidget comics translated into English!
Sprechen sie Deutsche? New German comics here
Old 06-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Dummy

Adding on to what Dearl said, you also get better equiptment. Problem is if you're out of mushrooms, then I would go with what Kadiah (sorry if it'ss spelled wrong) said. You people have great ideas!
Old 07-15-2010, 04:42 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Default are these any good?

my level 7 warrior with
60 STR
42 DEx
37 INT
71 CON
27 LUCK
are these any good or should i change anything?
Old 07-15-2010, 10:34 PM
Adventurer

Looks pretty good to me. The key here, though, is to keep leveling. At low levels, HP is king and Warriors deal ~no damage. Keep pounding the pavement and raising your level (which is a HUGE difference in HP at your level). You might also want to invest in a little more luck. Having less than 15% crit generally means you almost never crit. While you get the least benefit from critting (low damage) you do still need SOME crits or you will stay at the bottom of the proverbial barrel for a long time. Also, low crit = tasty arena target.
goldrocks123 (07-22-2010)
Old 07-22-2010, 10:30 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Default how bout now?

alright so i lvled up a bit trying to increase luck are my stats okay now?
STR 121
DEX 49
INT 37
CON 84
LUCK 76
CRIT 15.83%
HP 5460
ARMOR 621
LVL 12