Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Help & Questions > Character Advice

Notices

Character Advice Need help building your avatar? You've come to the right place.

Old 10-29-2010, 06:26 AM
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikednal View Post
Reading your post and looking at your avatar, made me wonder if you needed a hanky!! Just kidding.
Bluedude is just mad he choose a warrior.

MAGES + constitution FTW
Old 10-29-2010, 07:53 AM
Stable Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikednal View Post
Reading your post and looking at your avatar, made me wonder if you needed a hanky!! Just kidding.
ROFL!!!!
Old 11-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Mushroom Collector

Send a message via MSN to vicarious Send a message via Yahoo to vicarious

I am new, started today. From what i read here I am planning on 2:1 for ever 1 point in luck, str and int, I will have 2 in con and dex.

So far everything has worked out great. Lost one fight, but that was literaly as soon as I logged in, since then, nope, and only lost one quest.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:10 PM
Truffle Shuffler

So as a Scout, should you ever add anything to strength or intelligence?

Are they used in defending against Mages and Warriors at least? So if I lose to those classes in the Arena, would I have better defense against them with more Strength and Intelligence?
Old 11-06-2010, 01:03 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Yes.

Yes and no. The scout's strength does mitigate a small portion of a warrior's damage and intelligence does mitigate a small portion of a mage's damage. Will that help you win? It really depends on how close the fight it and what their dexterity is. Their dexterity rating works the same as your strength or intelligence, except against you. It is one reason scout vs scout battles can last so long. Your dexterity not only mitigates some of the opponents damage, but also pumps your damage.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bullbound For This Useful Post:
Broncobiv (11-06-2010)
Old 11-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Radiation

Based on the equations in the Game Mechanics thread, Dex seems to be worth about 7 times as much as Str and Int. Con is hard to compare, but it's definitely at least as valuable as Dex. I keep Dex and Con at the same level and invest in Str and Int only whenever a point in one of them costs 1/7 or less what a point in Dex or Con would cost.

Luck's value is debatable. If you only consider overall DPS, Dex is worth about 7-10 times as much as Luck. However, while investing loads of gold in Luck results in lower overall DPS than if you invested the money in Dex instead, it does make you more "bursty". So while your overall damage output will be worse, you have a chance of being able to kill enemies you wouldn't be able to kill without that crit-based burst. This is particularly helpful against Mages, since it's basically just a damage race that they will usually win unless we get lots of crits.

TL, DR Stat weights:
S: 1/7
D: 1
I : 1/7
C: 1
L: Personal preference, between 1/10 and 1.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:37 PM
Mushroom Collector

I would say the best stats for a scout are:
1) Keep high dex. high dex = try to own your enemy faster that he owns you
2) Keep high cont. scout with high hp and good dmg is epic good
3) Just try to keep int + str in a medium amount so to not have troubles with enemies.

(It's just my opinion)
Old 02-22-2011, 01:48 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Well, I agree almost everything here (I have a 120 scout on Italian server 2). I can only add one thing, secondary stats (Int and Str) are important only for higher levels, according to my experience. I've started pumping them up a little when my guild did not need much donations anymore, and we decided to strengthen up instead, and used the "small change" on them. But if against warriors we have armor and evasion which mean a lot, against mages we have nothing but Const and Int. So I decided to stop pumping Strength up, since it's quite useless if compared with Int.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:17 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Hey guys. I'm fairly new to the game.

Currently a Level 12 Scout on S1
S:72
D:120
I:71
C:109
L:89

My bow gives a +20 to my dex so I realize I'll have that for a while and my armor rating is 213. From what I've read this should have me on the right track. Right?

Last edited by Mystic; 06-30-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:47 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Look's good.
Your dex is a little low, but i guess you are not full geared with dex items now.