Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Strategy & Tactics

Notices

Old 05-06-2012, 12:00 AM
Adventurer

Default Stats

Do you think this will do any good against opponents?
Old 05-06-2012, 02:14 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Send a message via Skype™ to hiroichi

My guess is that you got some nice deff against the other two class...i think your dex should be around 3000
Old 05-06-2012, 02:36 AM
Adventurer

um... that is not my character

I am wondering because i might build my stats like that :P

Last edited by demonwarrior; 05-06-2012 at 02:38 AM.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:47 AM
Supreme Adventurer

If you want to see what is working the best on your server, take a look at the top 10, and not someone ranked 228. That does give a high defense, but much lower damage. You can't hurt the enemy when you are defending, and the even spread of stats means the cost of each stat is about the same while limiting how much you can hurt the opponent and lowering the speed with which you can end the fight. Someone that does a lot of primary stat and constitution will quickly be able to squash you, because their damage will be so much higher, as will their health.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bullbound For This Useful Post:
DominicS (05-06-2012)
Old 05-06-2012, 06:49 AM
Fidget's Griffin

demonwarrior

Your stats are totally dependent upon your gameplay.

I'll need a lot more variables about YOUR toon and YOUR gameplay before recommending stats distribution.

#1 are you a shroomer?
#2 are you a 300 shroomer?
#3 Do you care about the HoF other than SB?
#4 Are you a serious player or a casual player (ie have you memorized Charista's Strategies)?
#5 Do you have PoEL and 2 max potions?
#6 Do you have full epic gear?
#7 Have you collected data on your current stat distribution (wins vs losses, strength against opponents, etc)?
Old 05-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonwarrior View Post

Do you think this will do any good against opponents?
Not sure why people are dancing around this. It's a terrible build. Maybe you are trying to make fun of someone, I'm not sure. You don't outspend your primary stat for a defensive stat. It's a bad use of gold. Defensive stats take 2 points for 1 of defense and helps against one class. Primary stats adds damage at 1 to 1 and damage helps in all fights. It also adds defense against same class at 2 to 1. Completely neglecting defensive stats is not a great plan, but they should never be as high as your primary.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sir Jaunty For This Useful Post:
Darstard (05-09-2012)
Old 05-09-2012, 06:15 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Jaunty View Post
Not sure why people are dancing around this. It's a terrible build. Maybe you are trying to make fun of someone, I'm not sure. You don't outspend your primary stat for a defensive stat. It's a bad use of gold. Defensive stats take 2 points for 1 of defense and helps against one class. Primary stats adds damage at 1 to 1 and damage helps in all fights. It also adds defense against same class at 2 to 1. Completely neglecting defensive stats is not a great plan, but they should never be as high as your primary.
So you're saying the primary stat is worth 3x the tertiary stat

1 Attack = 1 Defense
1 Tertiary = 1/2 Defense
1 Primary = 1 Attack + 1/2 Defense
1 Primary = 3 Tertiary

Therefore, when the Tertiary stat is 1/3rd the price of the Primary stat, it is worth the purchase.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:08 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Jaunty View Post
Actually, your defensive stats do not help at that rate. When you extend the formulas out, the defensive stat is worth a lot less than a primary stat. However, that defensive bonus can help a great amount when you are doing equal percentages of damage. Plus, depending on race and class you start with different stats. (Gear+Base Stat)*Potions gives you your actual stat, so one has to look at the unmodified, base stat to begin with.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbound View Post
Actually, your defensive stats do not help at that rate. When you extend the formulas out, the defensive stat is worth a lot less than a primary stat. However, that defensive bonus can help a great amount when you are doing equal percentages of damage. Plus, depending on race and class you start with different stats. (Gear+Base Stat)*Potions gives you your actual stat, so one has to look at the unmodified, base stat to begin with.
can you please expand upon this with examples, I am not following
Old 05-09-2012, 11:25 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGuinness View Post
demonwarrior

Your stats are totally dependent upon your gameplay.

I'll need a lot more variables about YOUR toon and YOUR gameplay before recommending stats distribution.

#1 are you a shroomer?
#2 are you a 300 shroomer?
#3 Do you care about the HoF other than SB?
#4 Are you a serious player or a casual player (ie have you memorized Charista's Strategies)?
#5 Do you have PoEL and 2 max potions?
#6 Do you have full epic gear?
#7 Have you collected data on your current stat distribution (wins vs losses, strength against opponents, etc)?
Sorry about the late reply,

1# Yes, I am a shroomer
2# No, not everyday
3# I kind of care more on HoF because my scrapbook is almost done :P
4# I am a casual player
5# I tried to keep 2 max potions every time but not PoEL
6# No, I don't but i was close to having full epic gear during last last epic weekend.
#7 No.

DW