Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

Old 02-13-2016, 05:35 PM
Mushroom Collector

Default Resource Sharing

It'd be nice to add a bit more value to guilds by allowing members to share resources for fortress buildings. For example, I'm currently collecting stone for a project, but my wood coffers are full - it'd be nice if I could toss the extras into a 'guild storage vault' or some such and others could use that to allow them to start a building upgrade a bit sooner.
Old 02-13-2016, 05:48 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dervish1 View Post
It'd be nice to add a bit more value to guilds by allowing members to share resources for fortress buildings. For example, I'm currently collecting stone for a project, but my wood coffers are full - it'd be nice if I could toss the extras into a 'guild storage vault' or some such and others could use that to allow them to start a building upgrade a bit sooner.
I agree, add shrooms to that one to shorten build times
Old 02-14-2016, 03:56 AM
Blacksmith

This guild storage vault could be a nice feature, but I am curious how the resources will be distributed. Everybody needs resources and people seldom reach the resource cap - we will have a lot more takers than givers. I can imagine people checking the guild vault every 5 minutes so that they can be the first to grab the donated resources. Here are a few ideas for the resources from me:
  1. Send a Gift - you can send some ammount of resources to a particular person and hope he will return the favour one day when you need resources. I don't think this feature will be implemented as it is easy to abuse - If I have a fortress level 15 it's not a big deal if I send 1 mln wood to someone who just started developing his fortress and it will be a huge and unfair boost for him.
  2. Resource Bank - you will be able to take a loan, for example up to 10 or 20 % of your max storage capacity and after that your wood/stone buildings will have a decreased production rate (for example 50% reduction) till you pay back. Of course the loan will have a high interest rate so you should use it wisely.
  3. Resource Market - you could trade for example 6 wood for 1 stone or 2 stone for 1 wood. People will not use it very often, because the price is twice higher than the real value, but it's up to the player to do the smart decision and minimize the loss. (I know I would use it every now and then and would be happy to have this feature)

A possible resource bank/market could have a simple button in the action bar below (next to the hall of knights button) as I can't imagine finding a room for a whole new building in the fortress screen.
Old 02-14-2016, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sersemina View Post
This guild storage vault could be a nice feature, but I am curious how the resources will be distributed. Everybody needs resources and people seldom reach the resource cap - we will have a lot more takers than givers. I can imagine people checking the guild vault every 5 minutes so that they can be the first to grab the donated resources. Here are a few ideas for the resources from me:
  1. Send a Gift - you can send some ammount of resources to a particular person and hope he will return the favour one day when you need resources. I don't think this feature will be implemented as it is easy to abuse - If I have a fortress level 15 it's not a big deal if I send 1 mln wood to someone who just started developing his fortress and it will be a huge and unfair boost for him.
  2. Resource Bank - you will be able to take a loan, for example up to 10 or 20 % of your max storage capacity and after that your wood/stone buildings will have a decreased production rate (for example 50% reduction) till you pay back. Of course the loan will have a high interest rate so you should use it wisely.
  3. Resource Market - you could trade for example 6 wood for 1 stone or 2 stone for 1 wood. People will not use it very often, because the price is twice higher than the real value, but it's up to the player to do the smart decision and minimize the loss. (I know I would use it every now and then and would be happy to have this feature)

A possible resource bank/market could have a simple button in the action bar below (next to the hall of knights button) as I can't imagine finding a room for a whole new building in the fortress screen.
I can say because of what u said in #1 will be the reason they don't do this the possible abuse of it. I would like to see something where we can exchange but would have to remove the chance of abuse. maybe only allowing to take out same amount what u put in. I also say can only put in by hourly production so u put in an hours worth of wood and u can take out an hours worth of stone or vice versa.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 02-14-2016, 07:41 AM
Blacksmith

I suggested this before in another thread.
There should be something like a "Guild Fortress Treasury" where:

- The treasury has capacity cap and maybe upgradable to increase the cap

- Guild members can donate only 1 hour of their resource production once a day to the treasury.

- Guild leader is the only one who can decide who to share the resource and how much that member can receive. This will avoid resource abuse.

Bobo's suggestion is also nice. It could act like a personal saving account for each member. Each member can donate only 1 hour of their production a day and withdraw a certain a mount from the back when needed.

Last edited by godevil; 02-14-2016 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-14-2016, 12:26 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by godevil View Post
I suggested this before in another thread.
There should be something like a "Guild Fortress Treasury" where:

- The treasury have capacity cap and maybe upgradable to increase the cap

- Guild members can donate only 1 hour of their resource production once a day to the treasury.

- Guild leader is the only one who can decide who to share the resource and how much that member can receive. This will avoid resource abuse.

Bobo's suggestion is also nice. It could act like a personal saving account for each member. Each member can donate only 1 hour of their production a day and withdraw a certain a mount from the back when needed.
I like this idea, perhaps the daily donation could be based on guild upgrades that require guild resources to upgrade, and thereby upgrading the daily amount available to donate.
Old 02-14-2016, 01:09 PM
Blacksmith

Or it could be based on the hall of knights. The higher level it is, the more resources the treasury could store. As for the amount that each member can donate, it shouldn't be too much and they shall only be able to donate once a day. This will promote teamwork and prevent lower level members become so dependent on high level member.